Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

Discus and support Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was recently playing Bo2 when suddenly my mic wouldn't let me talk. I could hear my friends and the sound that was coming through it but they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Super Me9a Man, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

I was recently playing Bo2 when suddenly my mic wouldn't let me talk. I could hear my friends and the sound that was coming through it but they couldn't hear me when I tried to talk back to them. I thought my mic was on mute but wasn't and I hadn't my mic
    plugged in all the way to. I don't think I've ever come across something like and I'm 100% sure my mic doesnt have a short in it because it works just fine. What should i do??

:)

Super Me9a Man, Jun 17, 2017
  2. devils72
    devils72 Guest
    Xbox One Mic, Can hear others but will Talk

i have also ran into the same problem and also talked to xbox support. i had done everything i could do to find a fix, but like yourself nothing worked. As this is a hardware problem i am going to go into the place i purchased the xbox one and get an exchange.
    i would strongly recommend you do this yourself

devils72, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest

Hey there C4PT14N 4W3S0M3,

Since this thread is a bit old and the original poster has most likely been taken care of, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. Be sure to list out any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, as well. This is the best
    way to receive support catered specifically to you from our community on a more individual basis. Thanks in advance!

Miss Diggz, Jun 17, 2017
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Setting Up A Room Mic?

Hi there. Just sharing that you may be able to use certain Mics so that everyone can talk but no one will be able to hear people talk back. There are a few exceptions where a particular game may allow chat to be heard in headphones and speakers.

By default when pluging in a headset...the chat comes through to the headset. So if you were to plug in a mic, the chat from others in your room may be heard by other gamers but no one at your home will hear other gamers.

All this assuming you're talking about using a mic with an Xbox stereo adapter.

The Kinect would be your best bet for this to work vs figuring out a mic
  5. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there C4PT14N 4W3S0M3,

Since this thread is a bit old and the original poster has most likely been taken care of, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. Be sure to list out any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, as well. This is the best
    way to receive support catered specifically to you from our community on a more individual basis. Thanks in advance!
  6. devils72 Win User

i have also ran into the same problem and also talked to xbox support. i had done everything i could do to find a fix, but like yourself nothing worked. As this is a hardware problem i am going to go into the place i purchased the xbox one and get an exchange.
    i would strongly recommend you do this yourself
  7. C4PT14N 4W3S0M3 Win User

has anyone figured out how to fix this issue yet?
  8. RIPPER731 Win User

I'm having similar issue right now. I can hear everything but for some reason no one is talking and I know they have headsets. I can tell I'm talking from screen but hear no response. All I hear is the game but no one talking
Thema:

Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

1. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back - Similar Threads - Headset hear Others

2. How can two headset hear each other on one Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can two headset hear each other on one Xbox?: I check the thread and saw one about settings. One person said that two headsets wont be able to hear each other by design due to echoing. Is there a way around this? If we both have noise...
  3. Xbox One - I can hear other players through my headset - but my mic isn't working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One - I can hear other players through my headset - but my mic isn't working.: Hi, I have a brand new Xbox One with two new controllers and from day one, I have been unable to get my mic on my headphones to work. I CAN hear my friends, they cannot hear me. I have already...
  4. My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.: My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers. I have tried 2 other brandnew headsets and the result was the same. can anyone help as it is driving him nuts...
  5. can hear other xbox though my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can hear other xbox though my headset: We have 4 xbox ones in our home. We can hear the sound of the other xbox's though our headsets. If they are playing a game and I am on the dashboard I can hear the game they are playing. We all...
  6. can hear other players on headset but unable to speak into headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can hear other players on headset but unable to speak into headset: On my xbox 1 I am unable to speak into the headset. I have changed all the settings/tried multiple headsets yet the problem persists. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. XBOX One stereo headset mic not working but can hear other people talking.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One stereo headset mic not working but can hear other people talking.: Hi everyone, i know there's a lot of questions similar to mine but i cant seem to find the answer. My xbox one stereo headset microphone stopped working earlier today. I hear people but they don't...
  8. My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem: Please help me with this problem or ill switch to playstation 4 4b244cf8-a9f3-4c13-940a-47a4ba7e6587
  9. No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.: Ok so before we start no it is not muted. Last Monday afternoon everything worked fine, come the evening my mic wouldn't work but I could hear all the party and game sounds. I tried my Kinect and...
  10. Geotech wireless headset suddenly stopped ability for other Gamers to hear him.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Geotech wireless headset suddenly stopped ability for other Gamers to hear him.: My sons Geotech headset suddenly in the middle of a party stopped other gamers from hearing him, he now cannot communicate at all, but he can hear other people fine and also has sound on the games...