Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

Discus and support Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Staple you are having a different problem then us 04dda2b8-f506-4e96-bd89-ad2fa7666c6c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pH Tiger, Jan 11, 2015.

1. pH Tiger
    pH Tiger Guest

Staple you are having a different problem then us

:)

pH Tiger, Jan 11, 2015
  2. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

I was recently playing Bo2 when suddenly my mic wouldn't let me talk. I could hear my friends and the sound that was coming through it but they couldn't hear me when I tried to talk back to them. I thought my mic was on mute but wasn't and I hadn't my mic
    plugged in all the way to. I don't think I've ever come across something like and I'm 100% sure my mic doesnt have a short in it because it works just fine. What should i do??

Super Me9a Man, Jan 11, 2015
  3. devils72
    devils72 Guest
    Xbox One Mic, Can hear others but will Talk

i have also ran into the same problem and also talked to xbox support. i had done everything i could do to find a fix, but like yourself nothing worked. As this is a hardware problem i am going to go into the place i purchased the xbox one and get an exchange.
    i would strongly recommend you do this yourself

devils72, Jan 11, 2015
  4. Alariaria.
    Alariaria. Guest

I had the same issue, however mine hasn't had a problem since my NAT type changed from Moderate to Open. I'm not sure if you guys have checked your NAT situations, but that was the reason mine wasn't working.

Alariaria., Jan 11, 2015
  5. Bumping as this is a big issue for multiplayer gaming, clearly affecting a large number of paying customers.

WHUFC x Sparky, Jan 13, 2015
  6. have checked Privacy and online safty too?

Bhutankam Pema, Jan 13, 2015
  7. Haystacker
    Haystacker Guest
    I am having the same issue. I own a Day One Edition Xbox One. The chat feauture will work if I use the kinect to do so, but I have a difficult time hearing the chat over the game sound as well. I have both the original headset that came with the One as
    well as just recently purchased the Turtle Beach XO One headset with stereo adapter. I plugged in the new headset and updated the controller as requested. My NAT shows open, but when I attempt to chat with other party members, either I can't hear them (even
    though I can see the green circle next to their name lighting up indicating they are talking), or they can hear me (even though the green circle next to my name illuminates each time I speak). I have tried disabling the mic on the kinect for chat, doing hard
    restarts of both my console and gateway, but the universal fix for it is to unplug my headset from the controller and utilize the kinect. Not ideal for me. This problem has surfaced while playing both Madden 15 and Destiny. Need a fix ASAP!

Haystacker, Jan 14, 2015
  8. pH Tiger
    pH Tiger Guest

My privacy has never changed this is an adult account. I don't see why it would work before a game and then not after if it was a privacy thing. Between that game nothing happened to the controller, console, nor the mic.

Hay that is not the issue I am having, they can never hear me unless I am using the kinect, and I can ALWAYS hear them when I have my headset it but they can NEVER hear me

pH Tiger, Jan 14, 2015
  9. Same problem. Glad I am not alone. Maybe Microsoft will see this page.

DeadlyMidget273, Jan 14, 2015
  10. People with twitter send tweets to Xbox and Microsoft, bad press gets dealt with faster than this forum posting.

WHUFC x Sparky, Jan 15, 2015
  11. Just got the same issue today, i have tried 2 controllers and 2 headsets, all combos play audio but dont send audio to my friends, the ring in party chart doesnt move when i talk

MolotovFajita, Jan 15, 2015
  12. Hey guys. Investigative teams are looking into a similar (or the same) issue on the console subforums. Check to see if your issues are matching the ones discussed on this thread. Follow through with the troubleshoot times. Tell the moderator that you followed
    through and you will get a survey that will help them fix the issue.

Follow the link and post on this thread if you find it matches your problem.

forums.xbox.com/.../1904207.aspx

Post IXI Mortem, Jan 15, 2015
  13. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

Thanks for trying hard to get us help

R3dh3adBlondi3, Jan 15, 2015
  14. Would be nice to see ANY xbox support staff comment to show that they are at least doing SOMETHING about this issue...

Wonder if I can get them out of their caves by being blasphemous...

I'm thinking of switching to PS4 !

Your move Xbox.

Mikey In A Shed, Jan 15, 2015
  15. sirtra
    sirtra Guest
    forums.xbox.com/.../5132718.aspx

Not saying my fix will work for others, but as someone who suffered identical symptoms which was fixed with zero of the things the support people have asked you to do (like the absurd notion that *you* should get your friend which *you* couldnt party chat
    with to reset *their* console to defaults in order to troubleshoot *your* mic problem) I do believe there is a quirky issue going on here and its more complex than your average first level support person will be able to identify/resolve by way of running through
    a typical helpdesk checklist.

I'd also say its not console, headset or controller related individually but rather a combination of these where it gets "stuck", would also explain why things such as using your controller+headset at a friends wors or why using a friends controller+headset
    on your console also works - its just the specific combo which is "stuck".

Replacing all three things (headset, controller and console) would in fact solve the problem and whilst we do live in a disposable world these days it's an extreme solution to what should probably be solvable via firmware/software updates (and was probably
    introduced the same way too).

Sadly the Xbox devision seems to have really gone downhill since it was merged in with the rest of Microsoft's hardware/media devisions and is becoming typical "Microsoft"ish... bring back Don Mattrick i say as i doubt its due to the people down the bottom
    of the company but rather the ones at the top!

sirtra, Jan 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back - Similar Threads - Headset hear Others

2. How can two headset hear each other on one Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can two headset hear each other on one Xbox?: I check the thread and saw one about settings. One person said that two headsets wont be able to hear each other by design due to echoing. Is there a way around this? If we both have noise...
  3. Xbox One - I can hear other players through my headset - but my mic isn't working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One - I can hear other players through my headset - but my mic isn't working.: Hi, I have a brand new Xbox One with two new controllers and from day one, I have been unable to get my mic on my headphones to work. I CAN hear my friends, they cannot hear me. I have already...
  4. My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.: My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers. I have tried 2 other brandnew headsets and the result was the same. can anyone help as it is driving him nuts...
  5. can hear other xbox though my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can hear other xbox though my headset: We have 4 xbox ones in our home. We can hear the sound of the other xbox's though our headsets. If they are playing a game and I am on the dashboard I can hear the game they are playing. We all...
  6. can hear other players on headset but unable to speak into headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can hear other players on headset but unable to speak into headset: On my xbox 1 I am unable to speak into the headset. I have changed all the settings/tried multiple headsets yet the problem persists. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. XBOX One stereo headset mic not working but can hear other people talking.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One stereo headset mic not working but can hear other people talking.: Hi everyone, i know there's a lot of questions similar to mine but i cant seem to find the answer. My xbox one stereo headset microphone stopped working earlier today. I hear people but they don't...
  8. My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem: Please help me with this problem or ill switch to playstation 4 4b244cf8-a9f3-4c13-940a-47a4ba7e6587
  9. No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.: Ok so before we start no it is not muted. Last Monday afternoon everything worked fine, come the evening my mic wouldn't work but I could hear all the party and game sounds. I tried my Kinect and...
  10. Geotech wireless headset suddenly stopped ability for other Gamers to hear him.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Geotech wireless headset suddenly stopped ability for other Gamers to hear him.: My sons Geotech headset suddenly in the middle of a party stopped other gamers from hearing him, he now cannot communicate at all, but he can hear other people fine and also has sound on the games...