Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

Discus and support Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 d63eb2ac-cc9a-455e-8085-c6c37e6a93ba Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gary Shreve, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Gary Shreve
    Gary Shreve Guest

Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

:)

Gary Shreve, Aug 9, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You're pinging a test server, it isn't supposed to be fast

No service is required to provide bandwidth up to the max you pay for from your internet provider. Xbox typically taps put around 250mbps, which allows the download of most games in 30 minutes or less
  3. luissolid Win User

Network Speed Tests and your Connection to Xbox Live

For me the speed test are just a test. In the real Gaming work its all about the nat.

The other problem that i find its that the Xbox Live Service only allows 300 MB download. Even if you have 350, 4000 or even 500. You only can download 300 MB tops
  4. LovelyJoey55079 Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live on Xbox One

I am having the same problem. I determined it was the Xbox One destroying the wifi connection. Could you try this and report back if you see the same problem?

So get a phone or ipad and run a speed test while connected to your wifi. www.speedtest.net

Get a baseline from some area in your home

Place the device on the Xbox one plugged in and run the test

Fully unplug the Xbox One from the outles and wait for the yellow power brick light to shutoff

Run the test again.

My results were staggering. The Xbox One is causing so much interference to my Wifi other devices (xbox 360) cannot connect to the wifi.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X/ASUS RT-AC86u and latency issues

Hi,

Do you have online gaming latency issues?

What are you using to measure your ping (latency)? If you're doing speed tests over the internet, this tests your connection speed to a local server over the internet, it has nothing to do with your WIFI.

The VM Suberhub 3 has both a 2.4Ghz and a 5GHz WIFI, make sure you're using the 5GHz for the best connection speed over your home WIFI.
  6. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Wi-Fi effected by plugging Xbox one x into power

This seems to be an issue with the X in general.

The best solution would be to connect an ethernet cable from the WiFi to the Xbox. If they are only a few feet from each other this shouldn't be a problem. Then you can test the WiFi speed again and it should be back to ~500 MBS
Thema:

1. Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 - Similar Threads - has slow WiFi

2. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  3. My xbox one s has been crashing, freezing, and running incredibly slow lately

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one s has been crashing, freezing, and running incredibly slow lately: constant crashes, freezes, and overall slow performance, I've tried factory resetting twice, cleaning the console, and reinstalling multiple games but nothing seems to fix my issue...
  4. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  5. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  6. Xbox has been running slow.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox has been running slow.: Xbox has been running slow. My games have taken extra long to start up, some not even starting and games have been crashing. The power button blinks when I try to open games that crash if that has...
  7. Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...: Howdy folks. This issue started quite recently and every option I tried has not worked such as power cycling the console, factory resetting, deleting alternate Mac address and changing the DNS...
  8. Xbox Desktop App has Incredibly Slow and Painful Download Speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Desktop App has Incredibly Slow and Painful Download Speeds: The Xbox PC app has download speeds that only reach anywhere from 60kbps to a maximum of 950kbps but won't stay very for very long. A common speed test shows that the network I'm on can easily do...
  9. My PC has randomly started being slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My PC has randomly started being slow: I dont know if this has anything to do with the problem but i havent used my pc in a few months i dont know if it needs a reboot or anything but i cant open simple apps and i have a lot of storage...
  10. BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates

in XBoX on Consoles
    BUG series X - disc install that also has updates when started - dead slow and queue oscillates: I have this on two disc installed games now and sure it is Series X bug: - Rise of Tomb Raider - Quantum Break So needing updates or additional content this behavior comes - install queue...