Xbox One hardware is "just fine",

Discus and support Xbox One hardware is "just fine", in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I get what you're saying GG, But the old Cods are just so much fun after the 1st few months of this gen. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Auswulf, May 10, 2014.

  1. Xbox One hardware is "just fine",


    I get what you're saying GG, But the old Cods are just so much fun after the 1st few months of this gen.
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, May 11, 2014
    #16
  2. I will agree with you there, Red. IMO, CoD Ghosts is absolutely awful compared to previous CoD games... :|
     
    Galactic Geek, May 11, 2014
    #17
  3. @Icestorm VGChartz says "All data is regularly checked against manufacturer shipments and data released publicly from other tracking firms to ensure accuracy".

    They have been spot on this gen.

    Your dismissal of VGChartz has nothing to do with accuracy. You don't like them because they have a big graph on the homepage that shows of the 3 8th-gen consoles, xbox has less than a quarter of the market (24.9%).
     
    SilkyDoughnut6, May 12, 2014
    #18
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

    Xbox One hardware is "just fine",

    [quote user="SilkyDoughnut6"]"All data is regularly checked against manufacturer shipments and data released publicly from other tracking firms to ensure accuracy".[/quote]In other words, they guess, then go back and fill in the data when they have some.
    They don't have any right now because there's no global total count. The only hard data provided to date (outside a couple firms that only check a small segment of the market) is from Microsoft, at 5 million Xbox One consoles sold into the channel.
    They can't be because the data doesn't exist.

    NPD lists actual numbers from retailers, as do a few other parties. Legitimate sources do not try to provide global numbers from partial data.

    VG Chartz is providing console wars cannon fodder. They need to because they need pageviews to drive ad revenues. You're part of the problem if you visit VG Chartz.
     
    IceStorm III, May 12, 2014
    #19
  5. Its good enough for Microsoft to use. Its good enough for me. It's not a "problem", is a useful reference.
     
    SilkyDoughnut6, May 12, 2014
    #20
  6. @ice the fact ms gave a "5 mill sold in" is telling enough, how many are still sitting on shelves and in warehouses,looks even worse when the ps4 is at 7million sold through that's 7 million consoles devs know are sitting in people's homes, ps4 demand is
    still outstripping supply.

    Vgchartz may be guesstimating but it can't be far off.
     
    JamboFirstBlood, May 12, 2014
    #21
  7. An MS employee let slip the other week that something like 4.6 million were sold through to the customer about a month after the 5 million channel announcement. If they haven't produced as many One's as PS4s how could they outsell them?
     
    A Virtual Duck, May 12, 2014
    #22
  8. Xbox One hardware is "just fine",

    That statement is a bit redundant considering there struggling to shift the stock they have.
     
    JamboFirstBlood, May 12, 2014
    #23
  9. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    Right guys lets get a couple of things straight, firstly Microsoft said 5.2 million shipped. Fact end of. PS4 have said 7 million sold. fact end of. Now what is debatable is how the f can a company know the customer sold amount when many retailers keep this
    secret. I will let you debate this one.

    Thirdly if ps4 is selling to 48 countries

    blog.eu.playstation.com/.../ps4-available-in-48-countries-from-today

    And the xbox is selling to 13 countries. Fact end of

    So what's that ps4 is in nearly 400% as many countries and only managed a 40% increase in sales. ?????

    No wonder they lost nearly 2 billion and Microsoft made 2 billion.

    Writings on the wall....
     
    f00xm4n, May 12, 2014
    #24
  10. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    @ jambo I know your a ps4 fan and are die hard SDF. But how dare you say microsoft are struggling to shift stock off shelfs, they have broken 360 record sales, and are currently sitting at second most successful lunch of a console ever... behind ps4. so
    unless ps4 is doing awful you can not say xbox is struggling, that just makes you sound dumb. Are you?
     
    f00xm4n, May 12, 2014
    #25
  11. Ms stated 5 million sold in Sony stated 7 mill sold through, it's not rocket science.

    It's relative Microsoft are struggling to sell the 5 million they shipped Sony can't meet demand after selling 7 million to consumers, I'm not going to pretend I watch retailers in other countries but the price cuts and "deals" here in the uk aren't out
    of the kindness of retailers hearts it's because stock isn't moving.

    Microsoft made sure to supply there main stomping grounds with as many consoles as they saw fit.

    As for the fanboy comment I honestly couldn't care less.
     
    JamboFirstBlood, May 12, 2014
    #26
  12. How did we get from hardware to sales? Stay on topic people! :|
     
    Galactic Geek, May 12, 2014
    #27
  13. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest

    Xbox One hardware is "just fine",

    That makes no sense what so ever, I am also from UK and the sales figures here are nothing compared to larger countries which have not had big price drops or bundles. Hence the uproar here when we did. It was simply to boost titanfall figures and as you
    can see from current pricing has stopped.

    You can't win, it's either too expensive or its too cheap and they are struggling lol.
     
    f00xm4n, May 12, 2014
    #28
  14. Because Ghostz (incorrectly) said 360 had outsold PS3.
     
    SilkyDoughnut6, May 12, 2014
    #29
  15. @fooxman what's not to understand? They sold 5 million consoles to retail in the areas where support for the console is highest and retail couldn't move them all.
     
    JamboFirstBlood, May 12, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Xbox One hardware is "just fine",

Loading...
  1. Xbox One hardware is "just fine", - Similar Threads - hardware fine

  2. Meu Xbox apresentou problema de hardware durante a última atualização

    in XboX Insiders
    Meu Xbox apresentou problema de hardware durante a última atualização: Bom dia!!! Estava atualizando meu console na sexta dia 07/08 e meu HD pifou, após substituir o HD não consigo recuperar meu sistema através do método offline com o arquivo OSU1 oficial já que meu...
  3. Possible hardware issue with Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Possible hardware issue with Xbox series X: My Xbox will not connect to Ethernet or wireless wifi no matter what I do. It will say I’m connected to wired even when I don’t have an Ethernet cable plugged in. I tried restarting everything a...
  4. Verbesserungsvorschlag für alles Gesamt für die Xbox Konsolen und Videospiele und Hardware...

    in XboX Insiders
    Verbesserungsvorschlag für alles Gesamt für die Xbox Konsolen und Videospiele und Hardware...: Hallo Microsoft Teams, ich habe ihr einen sehr großen Verbesserungsvorschlag für euch allen für Xbox Support und Xbox Entwickler für den Insider Programm von Microsoft und das allgemeine Microsoft...
  5. Speakers seem to be playing surround sound even though I do not have the hardware to do so?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Speakers seem to be playing surround sound even though I do not have the hardware to do so?: My speaker system consists of a subwoofer and two front speakers. In all 3D video games I have played (Wolfenstein the New Order, Minecraft, Elden Ring, among others), when I turn my back to...
  6. Xbox hardware problem? Flashing light.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox hardware problem? Flashing light.: My Xbox light flashes when turning it on, but I doesn’t turn on at all, any advice? submitted by /u/MostAd4427 [link] [comments]
  7. Audio not working; hardware broken or am I doing something wrong?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio not working; hardware broken or am I doing something wrong?: I bought this Xbox One S second hand, and it works, I can play games, the other leads all work fine, but I can't seem to get audio working? The panel on the back is broken (I got a tenner back for...
  8. Bring Splatterhouse (2010) to modern hardware please

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring Splatterhouse (2010) to modern hardware please: I'm a HUGE Splatterhouse (2010) fan and the main reason I hold onto my XBOX 360 is because it's the only console I can play Splatterhouse on. If it were to come to backwards compatibility I would...
  9. Hardware problem, or UPDATE problem?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware problem, or UPDATE problem?: When your console freezes up displaying an error message after failing to complete an update, hereby rendering the console useless, costing losts of time trying to fix the problem, and ultimately...
  10. What to do if I'm getting a error message about a hardware issue. I can't access the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do if I'm getting a error message about a hardware issue. I can't access the...: I can't seem to access the internet from my Xbox series x all of a sudden. Me error code says it dont know what the problem is but it seem like a hardware issue. Anyone else experience this and...