Xbox One Hard Drive Noise

Discus and support Xbox One Hard Drive Noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I noticed yesterday while in the menu for Titanfall that my hard drive was making some noises. Sounded the head crashing which wouldn't be good or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SirDavidGravity, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Xbox One Hard Drive Noise

I noticed yesterday while in the menu for Titanfall that my hard drive was making some noises. Sounded the head crashing which wouldn't be good or the drive parking which wouldn't make since while in the menu for a game. Is there anyway to test the drive
    or someway to know if it is going? Would it be crashing games bad or not install games if the drive was dying. Please help

:)

SirDavidGravity, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan

Lowlife Madness, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Houghsx
    Houghsx Guest
    Is your XBone whisper quiet

On my second Xbox and this one has a constant grinding noise on the hard drive. Not going to put up with that.

Houghsx, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Xbox One Hard Drive Noise

i hear a constant clicking noise on mine, don't think anything is wrong but i hear it till i shut the system off unless its the power supply making the noise.

PremierSlayer88, Feb 19, 2014
  5. Make sure you guys have registered your units. I'm afraid a "clicking" HD in my experience is a disaster waiting to happen. be ready in case it is. If you haven't, register at
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

So many forget to register there new rig. Its a shame, Get er done" folks

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 19, 2014
  6. I have only noticed the weird clicking noise when in the titanfall beta menu and when I was changing something with my avater. Really sounds like something bad with the drive but I would think I would hear the noise a lot more than I am right now if it was
    dying.

I bought a warranty with gamestop. Will never go through microsoft again. Had bad expeiences throught them.

SirDavidGravity, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Lowlife Madness Win User

Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan
  8. MaximumExtreme Win User

Hi there, the console will always be processing data in the background that require apps to always be working. You could try doing a hard reset of your console by holding the power button on the front of it until it turns off then unplug it from the outlet
    for 30 sec then plug back in and power back on. That might put your mind at ease about the noise, but as long as the console is operating normally you shouldn't have anything to worry about. You should try putting your console on "instant on" mode to receive
    updates but that's totally up to you.
  9. PremierSlayer88 Win User

i hear a constant clicking noise on mine, don't think anything is wrong but i hear it till i shut the system off unless its the power supply making the noise.
  10. SirDavidGravity Win User

I have only noticed the weird clicking noise when in the titanfall beta menu and when I was changing something with my avater. Really sounds like something bad with the drive but I would think I would hear the noise a lot more than I am right now if it was
    dying.

I bought a warranty with gamestop. Will never go through microsoft again. Had bad expeiences throught them.
  11. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Make sure you guys have registered your units. I'm afraid a "clicking" HD in my experience is a disaster waiting to happen. be ready in case it is. If you haven't, register at
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

So many forget to register there new rig. Its a shame, Get er done" folks
Thema:

1. Xbox One Hard Drive Noise - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Noise

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  5. Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one: Error e106 after new hard drive On xbox one 4d4c522d-cbfa-4d8a-8940-95c19a5a12e7
  6. Xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one hard drive: I pulled out a hard drive of an Xbox one and plugged it into my Xbox one as an external and I didn't reformat it and now my Xbox turns on and off quickly. How bad did I screw it up?...
  7. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  8. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  9. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  10. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99