Xbox One Games in 4K

Discus and support Xbox One Games in 4K in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lol no it couldn't. The cost would have been insane. Don't fool yourself sir. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, May 16, 2014.

  1. Xbox One Games in 4K


    Lol no it couldn't. The cost would have been insane. Don't fool yourself sir.
     
    Unreal Warfare, May 17, 2014
    #16
  2. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    The XB1 could have had the power of a GTX Titan.

    -

    I'm no PC buff, but I just searched on line, and that graphic card on it's own starts at £600 +
     
    eviltedi, May 17, 2014
    #17
  3. Ashdude
    Ashdude Guest
    Nvidia seriously overprices their GPU's. I guess I should have used the Radeon R9 290X as an example. Microsoft would have needed to take a loss on each console sold, like they did with the 360. And we'd probably face the same overheating issues as before.
    BUT... the power would be there.
     
    Ashdude, May 18, 2014
    #18
  4. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

    Xbox One Games in 4K

    btw ps4 was meant to have 5GB ram but last min upped it to 8GB ms wanted to use GDDR5 but at the time the price was too high but sony took the risk and the price dropped
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 18, 2014
    #19
  5. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="MkDamon"]Nvidia seriously overprices their GPU's.[/quote]No, they don't. When there's no competition, there's no reason to lower prices. Even when there is competition, when your competition is being used to cash in on the last of the GPU scrypt
    coin mining, there's no reason to lower prices because the competiton's prices are artificially inflated. Now that scrypt ASIC miners have shipped there's no reason for the cryptocurrency generators to buy GPUs. AMD GPU prices are back to "normal", though
    AMD's drivers are still bad enough that the only GPUs worth considering are the R9 290 and R9 290X. Everything else is rehashed old stock with an old name and has hardware issues that to date have not been solved in the drivers.
    Does it matter? It takes two of those for 4K gaming to be decent, and those are $530 a pop for non-reference cooler designs.
    No, not "like the 360". The 360's total power draw from the wall was just under 200w at launch under full gaming load. The GPUs alone required for 4k gaming would consume

    between 450 and 550w
    . Figure at least another 75w for the system and you're talking a 700-750w power supply for the system. A system with a Radeon X1800 XT

    pulled only 251w
    .

    4k gaming is the domain of the PC and will remain so for a couple more process shrinks. It'll take five years to get to a single GPU that can do it at a power consumption level that will fit in a console chassis.
     
    IceStorm III, May 18, 2014
    #20
  6. Ashdude
    Ashdude Guest
    I don't know why you're upset about this. If Microsoft would have wanted a 4K console, they would have made one. AMD drivers would be a non issue in the Xbox One. And it's possible to get an R9 290X for as little as $300. Microsoft could have gotten the
    chipsets even cheaper by buying them in bulk. And by "loss", I meant that MS would have needed to sell it at a loss.
     
    Ashdude, May 18, 2014
    #21
  7. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    My internet can handle it...But I don't have a 4k tv. Who does? Seems overkill at this point.
     
    CODukes4, May 18, 2014
    #22
  8. Xbox One Games in 4K

    Xbox One and PS4 struggle to hit 1080p for games constantly. 4K is out of the question.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, May 18, 2014
    #23
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="MkDamon"]f Microsoft would have wanted a 4K console, they would have made one.[/quote]What part of "750w power supply" did you not get?

    The technology to create a 4k gaming console, matching the definition of console, does not exist yet.
    No it is not. You are thinking of the R9 280X. R9 290X's street
    price is $530.

    And since you weren't listening the first time, it takes two cards to manage 4k.
    Ha ha! No! Top-end GPUs are low volume products. They barely break
    even. It's the lower end GPUs that make money. The price of top end cards is already as low as it can go. Buying in "bulk" would do nothing.
     
    IceStorm III, May 18, 2014
    #24
  10. Ashdude
    Ashdude Guest
    You're trying to buy the card as a stand-alone product. Check the bundled prices at places like Cyberpower. The prices drop to around $300 when it comes pre-installed. Microsoft could probably swing better deals with AMD than Cyberpower. And I don't see
    why a 750w power supply would be prohibitive. I've heard that some SteamBoxes are getting them.
     
    Ashdude, May 18, 2014
    #25
  11. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="MkDamon"]Check the bundled prices at places like Cyberpower. The prices drop to around $300 when it comes pre-installed[/quote]Because Cyberpower aren't complete jerks and give you credit for the base card that comes with the system? Though
    I see their Memorial Day special system's upgrade from an R9 270 to an R9 290X is $579...
    No, they cannot. You are again ignoring the fact that top end GPUs are not where the
    money is made. They are break-even signature products primarily created to get people to buy the less expensive, cheaper cards.
    Form factor.
    Yeah, and those Steamboxes aren't going to be $500. They're also designed around cooling first, acoustics second.

    I own a system that consumes over 900w at load. I've owned systems that consume 750w at load. Virtually all of that power is converted to heat. A 750w space heater in the middle of one's AV system is not something the Masses would appreciate.
     
    IceStorm III, Oct 31, 2018
    #26
  12. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

    The HDMI IN on the XBOX ONE / ONE S / ONE X are all just 1080P there is no 4K pass through on those consoles.

    The Xbox One S Supports 4K Bluray and 4K screen resolution - not 4K gaming

    The Xbox One X Supports 4K Gaming, 4K Bluray and 4K screen resolution

    - Game developer has to make the game 4K

    - 4K pass-through is a hardware feature that does not exist within the console. You'd be better

    off running your 4k Sky Q into the TV directly. (the xbox is doing what it's designed to do)
  13. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Games

    The Xbox One can't play games at 4K, You need to have the Xbox One X and a 4K TV or a 4K Monitor to get to play games at 4K and games that show Xbox One X Enhanced on them.
  14. t4ryn it up Win User

    Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

    Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  15. NeoDan123 Win User

    4k gaming xbox one s

    Good day

    The Xbox One S doesnt support 4k gaming. Only supports 4k movie viewing.

    For 4k gaming you will need to have a Xbox One X and a 4k TV.
  16. T3chnlgydude Win User

    4K content

    The Xbox One will only output at 1080p

    The Xbox One S features 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for games and video. In addition to supporting 4K video content when used in conjunction with a 4K TV, Xbox One S will also upscale non-4K content
    to display at 4K when paired with a 4K TV. When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console — Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is
    upscaled to 4K.

    The Xbox One X - 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K

    More info:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one
Thema:

Xbox One Games in 4K

Loading...
  1. Xbox One Games in 4K - Similar Threads - Games

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  4. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  5. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  6. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  7. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  8. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  9. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  10. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...