Xbox One Game sharing

Discus and support Xbox One Game sharing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @IceStorm They have to have that in there because of the Vita and remote play. So my reading of their policy still stands as far as what's allowed. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Slow GIN Fizz, Mar 3, 2014.

  1. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing


    @IceStorm

    They have to have that in there because of the Vita and remote play.

    So my reading of their policy still stands as far as what's allowed. I don't see that as permission for someone else to play a game simultaneously.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #31
  2. I think it's simply an allowable exploit/loophole, kind of like when a police officer lets you off with a warning even though you may have been speeding. The developers/publishers may not like it, but that's why they try not to bring attention to it - they
    don't want people to know about it. The fact of the matter is that the majority of gamers don't know this exists, so they don't take advantage of it. Microsoft & Sony don't want to advertise it because if they do, they'll lose the support of the developers
    & publishers. The issue is probably small enough (since most people don't realize it exists) that the console developers haven't bothered with changing their current policies. Now, if this spreads like a cancer & the large majority of people are made aware,
    then they'll probably step up to make changes. However, if they do that, the changes would automatically be strict (likely set to 1 console only with the owner's GT signed in, for example), which would upset a lot of consumers. It's a catch-22. Because of
    this, I think MS & Sony have decided to take the middle-ground of the 2 extremes & that's where it stays - it's not necessarily good for the developers/publishers, but it's not necessarily bad for the consumers either. You can almost say that they're taking
    the lesser of not 2, but of 3 evils.
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 3, 2014
    #32
  3. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @GG I agree

    Same reason Steam and Origin continue with the "offline mode" even though they know it's abused. The "fix" could easily cause them more grief than the problem.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #33
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing

    [quote user="Randver"]They have to have that in there because of the Vita and remote play.[/quote]That has nothing to do with Remote Play. That is explicitly about playing on PS4 systems - the home console and the one being used remotely.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #34
  5. Randver
    Randver Guest
    From Sony

    "Users will be able to log into their accounts on other PS4 consoles giving them full access to download and play their library of downloadable games while logged in. There will be no limit to the number of consoles on which you can remotely log into, but
    you must be logged into your account in order to play the downloaded games on secondary consoles. You will also be allowed to be logged in to a limit of two consoles simultaneously."

    When you read a dev/pub EULA and apply it to that statement how do you get to it meaning permission to playing the same game simultaneously which is in violation of the EULA?

    You playing a different game on my home console while I play another elsewhere isn't any different from me handing you the disc to allow you to play the game, just more convenient. With the same game that isn't possible with a disc, you would need two disc.

    If my ""home console" isn't in my residence then you've entered another gray area in the EULA. Current EULA's are still written to combat "burning cd's, no disc cracks, etc", digital has caused a whole new set of issues.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #35
  6. well not sure of its been solved yet but i did read last night the thread (but didn't post) so I'll offer some confirmation

    @randver

    If you buy a digital game on xbox one, i can 100% confirm you can play it on two consoles at the same time. You download it to the main console, then have another person sign in on that console and play it, then you can play it on ay other console at the
    same time on your account. SO if you have two consoles, you can buy digitally and play it on both at the same time. Its an awesome feature of going digital
     
    Upinya Slayin, Mar 3, 2014
    #36
  7. Upinya, while your input is appreciated, you're saying the same thing everyone else has been saying & not really answering Randver's question - which I'm starting to worry may never truly be answered... Xbox One Game sharing :(
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 3, 2014
    #37
  8. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing

    @Upinya

    This entire thread has been about determining if it's a "feature" or simply a side effect of the digital age that's not intended.

    MS has a policy in place for the access and usage of another product, their policy allows you to do what you've posted. When you read the products (games) policy for the access and usage of their product it's not a feature, it's a loophole.

    You have two or more companies involved in this "feature" and you can't choose to follow only the policies you like and make it a "feature".
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #38
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Randver"]From Sony[/quote]From where is that taken from?

    Read the FAQ. Anyone can play your games on your home console. You can log into any other PS4 console and play any games you already own.

    It's very similar to the current day 360 model, with the exception that one gets to designate a "home" console. And I tested the 360 model. I was able to play the same digital copy of AC2 on two different consoles at the same time, with both consoles on
    Live through both the same ISP and different ISPs.
    Then follow MS's policies and be done with it.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #39
  10. @GG and @randver

    I don't know if we'll ever know what the true intent was or if it was just a side effect, but does it matter how the sausage is made if its yummy? The intent if i was to guess is to allow you to play all your games on any console with your account. and since
    you can only be logged onto one console at a time people can't over abuse it, however whatever console it was purchased also has the rights. If i had to guess its due to 2 seperate licenses for every digital game, 1 license is for your account and 1 license
    is for the console itself. SO basically each game comses with 2 licenses and you are using both at the same time. its similar to windows server where you have access license, then another license for the remote desktop and nothing can stop the same person
    form suing those license separately.
     
    Upinya Slayin, Mar 3, 2014
    #40
  11. Randver
    Randver Guest
    I'm comfortable with the answers I've received to my questions so I will drop the subject and we can all move on.

    As of this moment MS hasn't responded to my inquires and they are the only ones that can clarify this any further. Best any of us can do is take the information we have available to us and make a decision based on the evidence.
     
    Randver, Oct 31, 2018
    #41
  12. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Autority to play games on two xbox's...

  13. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Playing one game on 2 xbox ones

  14. EnenDaveyBoy Win User
  15. EnenDaveyBoy Win User
  16. sksharma_11 Win User

    Gameshare

    Game sharing is an amazing feature present on Xbox one which let you share your all games with one and only one friend (or relatives). Both users can share games of Xbox one with each other and play all the titles which are available in-game libraries.
    Xbox game sharing is very simple but if you don’t know how to gameshare on Xbox one

    then don’t worry because we are here to explain you each and every step to share your Xbox one games with your friends.
Thema:

Xbox One Game sharing

Loading...
  1. Xbox One Game sharing - Similar Threads - Game sharing

  2. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  3. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  4. Digital Disc Conversion Game Share

    in XboX Insiders
    Digital Disc Conversion Game Share: Saw the news about the disc to digital license conversion. I was wondering if that digital license would translate to game sharing? Like if I used a disc, would the other Xbox get the digital...
  5. Help me with game sharing please

    in XboX Insiders
    Help me with game sharing please: for context. we have 2 Xbox’s, and the main one was game sharing with a friend of our family. the friend bought shadow of the erdtree, but when I tryed to download it on the Xbox that never game...
  6. need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch

    in XboX Insiders
    need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch: please someone help me i would very much appreciate it , i always buy games on my xbox through my account then go on my brothers xbox go on my account download the game then sign out and we both...
  7. Is there any reason why when my friend game shared me I made his account my home Xbox it...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any reason why when my friend game shared me I made his account my home Xbox it...: I just wanna know why would my friend game cheer me and I made this account my home Xbox I’m still not getting his games on my console fdc1fe0a-9dc6-415d-97da-203e13e5caa2
  8. Why is my multiplayer not working on my friends account when I’m game sharing

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my multiplayer not working on my friends account when I’m game sharing: Hello, I’m needing some help with my ultimate Xbox game pass. I’m sharing with a friend and they for some reason can’t access the multiplayer side of the gamepass without having my account open....
  9. Home console game sharing not working

    in XBoX on Windows
    Home console game sharing not working: Hi, I have set my home console on my brother's console and he has tried to access my gamepass ultimate but it's not letting him? We have tried it that his console is both mine and his home console...
  10. Xbox ultimate game pass share with my child on cloud gaming (smart tv)

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox ultimate game pass share with my child on cloud gaming (smart tv): I don't own an Xbox console. But I have Xbox ultimate game pass that I play on my Windows PC and Samsung TV on cloud gaming. How can I share it with my son, so that he can play on smart tv with...