Xbox One Game sharing

Discus and support Xbox One Game sharing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Randver"]What many of you are seeing it as is in simplest terms is a buy one, get one free deal on every digital game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Slow GIN Fizz, Mar 3, 2014.

  1. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing


    [quote user="Randver"]What many of you are seeing it as is in simplest terms is a buy one, get one free deal on every digital game purchased.[/quote]It's not that simple. It's a buy one for me and let anyone on my home console use the title as well. As soon
    as that person goes back to their own home console they cannot play the game. Think of it as advertising, if you will.
    They have for every single PS3 digital
    title (and presumably objected when it was 5 consoles as it was reduced to 2 consoles). Why would MS be excluded from that?
    That requires a significant level of trust in the other party and it
    limits you to the library the other person buys. Two good friends? Yeah, it may work (though my friends have never done so). People who play with random people on the Internet? Not so much.

    Also, I don't believe Season Pass falls under this model. I believe someone proved that Season Pass content only works for the gamertag that is logged in. No login, no Season Pass content.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #16
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @IceStorm - I'm familiar with the Sony policy, I own 2 PS3's, PS4, Vita, PSP and you're activating devices that can share content. It's designed to share a game library but can be exploited. Sony even admitted it was being abused when they lowered the number
    of activations.

    I have numerous people that I would have no problem trusting with my "home console" and I'm sure there are many others in my position. So in my case it is...buy one, get one free.

    We are moving to a all digital model on the consoles so as sales increase these policies will either have to be removed or clarified. Developers and publishers may have let it slide last gen but things will have to change.

    My "debate" isn't with the people that believe that it is a loophole that's being exploited, we are on the same page. It's the people that are saying it's intended and allowable that I'd like to provide some type of clarification ( on simultaneous playing
    and home console locations). Problem is the latter seem to disappear when asked for specifics.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #17
  3. Randver I dont know if its a loop hole or not. Im with a few other ppl in saying drop it. You are going to be the one everyone blames if they do get in some sort of trouble. Why go on for multiple days asking a question that you got the same answer the first
    day you ask as your getting now. Dont take the risk if your that afraid of the powers that be. If they do correct it I highly doubt they are going to ban thousands of ppl. Simply drop it and dont risk it if you dont think the reward is worth the consequences!!!
    However don't cause such an uproar were you RAT everyone else out who is taking advantge of the flaw if thats what it truly is. This is a simple solution which you personally all by yourself may have turned calm waters into a hurricane. Dont become the Steve
    Bartman of the X1 would be my advice. Some of us dont live our life in fear of the what-ifs espescially on a matter this small. So on behalf of gamers everwhere who feel we deserve some small retribution just drop it and and let each individual gamer decide
    or take their own risk!!!
     
    BOSS SNOOP 81, Mar 3, 2014
    #18
  4. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing

    @Randver - asking people to prove it's intended is daft. Why don't you prove it's a loophole instead? I know it undermines your arguement for the U-Turn but just admit it....you were wrong all along....or prove otherwise. It's simple to do....go email
    EA about this loophole and see if it gets closed!
     
    Satsumo, Mar 3, 2014
    #19
  5. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Boss Snoop

    It's laughable that you think this thread will lead to major changes. It's people like you that are going to lead to change. Going into a public forum and admitting you'll exploit the system or going into a public forum and looking for "home console" swap
    partners. It's the people that are blatantly abusing the system that'll get the attention.

    They aren't going to spend the time and money to fix the system based on my questions, they'll fix it when they start losing money.....and that one's on you.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #20
  6. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Randver"]I have numerous people that I would have no problem trusting with my "home console"[/quote]But you can only set one of their consoles as your "home". Only one at a time gets access to your library. If MS sees that being abused (like
    your Home console flips from one side of the country to another and back in the space of a few hours), they'll limit how often the Home console can be changed.
    The license policies haven't changed since the 360, with the exception of console licenses being locked to a single device. That's a good thing as it enables me to purchase a game on an "away" console, but not
    have to deal with getting the license rebound to my 360. On many occasions that has stopped me from playing a title remotely.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #21
  7. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Satsumo

    I did prove it was a loophole. I posted EA's EULA, emailed them and asked if a single digital game purchase could be played simultaneously to which the answer was no. I have people telling me to drop it because they know it's a loophole and it's actually
    people like you are responsible for it not getting dropped. You're telling us it's not a loophole.

    What have you done to prove it's an intended feature?
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #22
  8. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing

    [quote user="Randver"] I posted EA's EULA, emailed them and asked if a single digital game purchase could be played simultaneously to which the answer was no.[/quote]

    EA's not going to be able to answer that in an e-mail.

    EA's own systems allow playing of a title on multiple devices. Take Origin offline on PC1, leave it online on PC2. Games that are installed on PC1 are playable offline at the same time as they are on PC2.

    Have we received any EA titles as part of Games With Gold? We can easily test this.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #23
  9. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @IceStorm

    I'm in agreement with you. You're using the feature as intended. I use Sony's feature as intended. We are the only end users of the games.

    But we have people here that are saying we aren't using the feature to it's full extent. All you need is one person to swap home consoles with to benefit especially if they purchase as many games as I do. If it's intended and allowable, financially it's
    a smart decision to set up.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #24
  10. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @IceStorm

    Origin and Steam can both be put into "offline" mode and games can be played simultaneously.

    Difference is....if you go into their forums and ask about it you won't find people telling you it's intended to allow multiple users. It's a know exploit and it's abused.

    I'm not debating the fact any of this can be done, is it being done with the blessings of the developers and publishers is the question.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #25
  11. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    @Randver - it depends how you ask the question of EA. "Can I play a game a single digital game simultaneously?" will always get a "no" defacto answer. All you're doing is asking a closed question to someone who isn't necessarily an expert or willing to
    investigate beyond their knowledge.

    Explain the "loophole" to them and see if you get a "we know - we are looking to close the loophole" response.
     
    Satsumo, Mar 3, 2014
    #26
  12. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Like I said, Sony explicitly lists this support on their FAQ. If that's not acknowledgement, I don't know what is. There's no reason to believe Sony is doing this and MS is not.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #27
  13. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Xbox One Game sharing

    @Satsumo

    EA only has one EULA to cover there digital games so you're correct if you ask the question the obvious answer is "no". Which leads me to believe its a loophole. They aren't going to tell me I can violate the EULA.

    I believe you said somewhere you are a software developer so I'm sure your familiar with non-gaming software EULA's that are very specific about "machine" activations per licenses. I would assume that for MS to cover themselves they would have required EA
    and every other dev/pub to have a specific EULA for the Xbox if this feature is intended. Simply add the line that you are allowed two activations per license as many non-gaming EULA's do so there is no confusion to what's allowed.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #28
  14. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @IceStorm

    I read the Sony and MS policy as it allowing me to install my games at multiple locations for my personal use or allowing someone to use my home console to access my library from my residence.

    Apparently people are reading more into it that isn't spelled out. I guess it vague enough that everyone can come to a different conclusion.
     
    Randver, Mar 3, 2014
    #29
  15. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Sony's FAQ explicitly states one can use two concurrent systems, the home console and the other console one's PSN ID is logged into.
     
    IceStorm III, Mar 3, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Xbox One Game sharing

Loading...
  1. Xbox One Game sharing - Similar Threads - Game sharing

  2. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  3. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  4. Digital Disc Conversion Game Share

    in XboX Insiders
    Digital Disc Conversion Game Share: Saw the news about the disc to digital license conversion. I was wondering if that digital license would translate to game sharing? Like if I used a disc, would the other Xbox get the digital...
  5. Help me with game sharing please

    in XboX Insiders
    Help me with game sharing please: for context. we have 2 Xbox’s, and the main one was game sharing with a friend of our family. the friend bought shadow of the erdtree, but when I tryed to download it on the Xbox that never game...
  6. need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch

    in XboX Insiders
    need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch: please someone help me i would very much appreciate it , i always buy games on my xbox through my account then go on my brothers xbox go on my account download the game then sign out and we both...
  7. Is there any reason why when my friend game shared me I made his account my home Xbox it...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any reason why when my friend game shared me I made his account my home Xbox it...: I just wanna know why would my friend game cheer me and I made this account my home Xbox I’m still not getting his games on my console fdc1fe0a-9dc6-415d-97da-203e13e5caa2
  8. Why is my multiplayer not working on my friends account when I’m game sharing

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my multiplayer not working on my friends account when I’m game sharing: Hello, I’m needing some help with my ultimate Xbox game pass. I’m sharing with a friend and they for some reason can’t access the multiplayer side of the gamepass without having my account open....
  9. Home console game sharing not working

    in XBoX on Windows
    Home console game sharing not working: Hi, I have set my home console on my brother's console and he has tried to access my gamepass ultimate but it's not letting him? We have tried it that his console is both mine and his home console...
  10. Xbox ultimate game pass share with my child on cloud gaming (smart tv)

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox ultimate game pass share with my child on cloud gaming (smart tv): I don't own an Xbox console. But I have Xbox ultimate game pass that I play on my Windows PC and Samsung TV on cloud gaming. How can I share it with my son, so that he can play on smart tv with...