Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start

Discus and support Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox freezes after about 10 min of video playing or and hour into playing a game. When I restart the console it just stays on the green xbox screen . I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICE4DRAGON26, Dec 7, 2014.

1. ICE4DRAGON26
    ICE4DRAGON26 Guest

Xbox freezes after about 10 min of video playing or and hour into playing a game. When I restart the console it just stays on the green xbox screen . I have to restart it about 4-6 times before I get the console to work. All of this started last night.

:)

ICE4DRAGON26, Dec 7, 2014
  2. Possible system error.

Hey there, recently my xbox has been experiencing some problems. everytime i turn it on game will take a very long time to start or wont start at all (both disc and downloaded games). another problem is whenever i turn my console on and press left on my
    dpad my screen dims itself and i cannot do anything but hold the middle button down and turn off the system..

PLEASE ANYHELP !!!

BashfulWind1904, Dec 7, 2014
  3. lollypop4981
    lollypop4981 Guest
    Xbox one keeps freezing and everything is taking "to long to start"

I have just downloaded a new update for my Xbox one and now everything is taking to long to start and the screen keeps freezing. I can't even sign in or open settings because it won't stop freezing or it's taking to long to start.

I have restarted my Xbox many times and it's not working.

Does anyone know what to do?

lollypop4981, Dec 7, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there ICE4DRAGON26!

Sorry to hear about the freezing issue! Have you tried doing a full power cycle? Let's start by following the steps below:

• Press and hold the power button on the Xbox One console for 10 seconds, or until the unit is fully powered off.
    • Unplug the power supply from the back of the Xbox One console and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    • Plug the power back in and power on.
    Post back and let us know if the issue persists so we can help you get it sorted! Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start :)

Mister Beep, Dec 9, 2014
  5. ICE4DRAGON26
    ICE4DRAGON26 Guest
    xbox just stays on green xbox screen , please help

ICE4DRAGON26, Dec 10, 2014
  6. tdubbydub
    tdubbydub Guest
    same thing here, thats why im commenting. some times it will boot up and i can play with no problems. other times, like tonight, i have the green screen forcing me to hard reboot 5-10 times just to (maybe) get the dashboard to load. Then, if the dashboard
    DOES come up, it will sometime lag/freeze and i have to hard reboot because the controller becomes unresponsive.

i have tried power cycling, restoring to defaults, using the offline system tool, switching power outlets to no avail.

tdubbydub, Dec 10, 2014
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    If you're stuck on the green Xbox One screen, follow each of the steps on our
    Xbox One Update Troubleshooter
    . Be sure to begin by clicking on the green screen box that says "I am experiencing a startup issue".

Be sure to follow every step in that troubleshooting guide and post back with the results! Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start :)

Mister Beep, Dec 11, 2014
  8. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

tdubbydub,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. If you haven't already, go ahead and post a new thread with the details you mentioned. That way the community can provide support tailored specifically to you! Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start :)

Mister Beep, Dec 11, 2014
  9. ICE4DRAGON26
    ICE4DRAGON26 Guest
    sent in my xbox for repairs

ICE4DRAGON26, Dec 12, 2014
  10. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Sorry to hear it came down to that! Please feel free to post back if any other issue pops up so we can help you get it sorted! Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start :)

Mister Beep, Dec 15, 2014
  11. mine has been doing this for three months since i have bought it. I finally called support. The guy explained to me it was because my xbox was not plugged directly into the wall. So i did hard reboot, plugged into wall and boom. Everything was fine. We shut
    off and on 5 times while on phone. Fastest it ever worked. Then today, game froze, hard reboot 10 minutes three reboots and finally back to dashboard. My 4 year old sons toy tablet works better than this. What's your suggestion now???

My xbox was purchased brand new in September.

dimebaghebert15, Dec 15, 2014
  12. Jeremichi
    Jeremichi Guest
    I purchased mine in July and the same thing is happening. It seems like everytime I download a game or xbox update it's 10 times worse than before.

Jeremichi, Dec 16, 2014
  13. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey all,

Sorry to hear about the similar issues! If you haven't already, please post a new thread with any details of the issue along with any troubleshooting steps you have tried. That way the community can provide support tailored to each of you! Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start :)

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  14. dimebaghebert15 Win User

mine has been doing this for three months since i have bought it. I finally called support. The guy explained to me it was because my xbox was not plugged directly into the wall. So i did hard reboot, plugged into wall and boom. Everything was fine. We shut
    off and on 5 times while on phone. Fastest it ever worked. Then today, game froze, hard reboot 10 minutes three reboots and finally back to dashboard. My 4 year old sons toy tablet works better than this. What's your suggestion now???

My xbox was purchased brand new in September.
  15. ICE4DRAGON26 Win User

sent in my xbox for repairs
  16. tdubbydub Win User

same thing here, thats why im commenting. some times it will boot up and i can play with no problems. other times, like tonight, i have the green screen forcing me to hard reboot 5-10 times just to (maybe) get the dashboard to load. Then, if the dashboard
    DOES come up, it will sometime lag/freeze and i have to hard reboot because the controller becomes unresponsive.

i have tried power cycling, restoring to defaults, using the offline system tool, switching power outlets to no avail.
  17. Jeremichi Win User

I purchased mine in July and the same thing is happening. It seems like everytime I download a game or xbox update it's 10 times worse than before.
  18. Mister Beep Win User

tdubbydub,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. If you haven't already, go ahead and post a new thread with the details you mentioned. That way the community can provide support tailored specifically to you! :)
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start - Similar Threads - Freezing wont turn

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  7. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  8. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  9. My Xbox One S freezes on a game and wont turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox One S freezes on a game and wont turn on: When I was playing WWE 2K23 on my Xbox it suddenly froze but when I press the home button on the controller it would come up with the menu and if I hold on the button it would come up with the...
  10. Nba 2k23 wont advance to online game freezes up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nba 2k23 wont advance to online game freezes up: Nba 2k23 online game wont start just freezes up?? a4d0635c-94e2-43c4-a3b8-4b249ae55d8f