Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games

Discus and support Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any 360 game I load up shows an image of the game, then goes to the xbox 360 loading icon and then freezes to the point where I cannot do anything on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuPeRfRoG99, Aug 15, 2019.

1. SuPeRfRoG99
    SuPeRfRoG99 Guest

Any 360 game I load up shows an image of the game, then goes to the xbox 360 loading icon and then freezes to the point where I cannot do anything on my xbox one and must restart the console to gain control once again.

I have removed my account and re downloaded it, I have uninstalled and re installed the xbox 360 games I freeze on, and I have reset the xbox one cache by holding the power button and removing the power brick. It has been a few days and I keep trying only
    to end up with the same resulting freeze.

Anybody have a solution that I have not already tried?

:)

SuPeRfRoG99, Aug 15, 2019
  2. SuPeRfRoG99 Win User

Step 9 seemed to fix the issue, thank you!
  3. Sir Lancealot83 Win User

Awesome. Glad to hear. If you have any other questions in the future feel free to post them on the forums.
  4. SuPeRfRoG99 Win User

Thank you, I will try these steps and let you know what happens.
  5. Sir Lancealot83 Win User

Hello. Thank you for posting on the xbox forums. I would try clearing your local saves. Follow the link below. (Link will bring you to “Step 1” read thru and try some solutions. If none work you’ll find “Step 6” is clearing local saves) If that one doesn’t
    work continue thru the rest of the steps. Let me know if any work for you.

Edit: Forgot link. 😊

My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during gameplay
  6. VeryDark Omega Win User

Xbox 360 freezing at startup

Have you tried holding the power button til the lights flash in a pattern? If so, what pattern do they flash in? The pattern should give info as to what is going on.
Thema:

1. Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games - Similar Threads - freezing startup 360

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  7. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  8. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  9. When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.: When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes. Its been a while since I have been on Xbox but still, the account is not or ever has been suspended or anything like that,...
  10. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...