XBox One factory reset precent stuck

Discus and support XBox One factory reset precent stuck in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to factory reset my Xbox One but every time I try to do it gets stuck at a percent and won't move. I have tried to restart the factory... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cruz Borromei, May 6, 2024.

1. XBox One factory reset precent stuck

I am trying to factory reset my Xbox One but every time I try to do it gets stuck at a percent and won't move. I have tried to restart the factory reset but it just gets stuck at a different percentage.

:)

Cruz Borromei, May 6, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Cruz, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This can be an issue with your storage.

Please, try to do an offline system reinstall.

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the source link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

---------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ---------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. Deadly Linda Win User

Xbox one factory reset stuck

Hello vM Elite, my is Linda and I may have a solution. Power off your console but do not power cycle. Wait until light is off. Then, unplug console from wall not from back of console. After unplugging, press and hold down power button for 30 seconds. After
    30 seconds, plug in your console and power it back on. That should work. It worked for me when I had this problem before, hopefully it works for you.
  4. vM Elite Win User

When I tried this it got stuck at 50% again
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi vM Elite,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand this has been frustrating and want to help as best as possible. Now, when it gets to the 50% does it say "Something went wrong" on the screen? Do you have a wired or a wireless connection?

If you are still having problems with the reset and it doesn't go through the update or the console preparation, then I would suggest following the steps here at

Troubleshoot Xbox One startup errors

If all troubleshooting still fails every time, your console might be in need of servicing. If it ends up that way, you can get a repair created on your own by going to

https://support.microsoft.com/devices

Let us know how those steps help with the resolution of the issue.
Thema:

1. XBox One factory reset precent stuck - Similar Threads - factory reset precent

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  7. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  10. my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart

in XBoX on Windows
    my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart: I don't know what is happening with my Xbox one s Btw This is LIL Flame3607 564710e6-9600-4cfe-bbdc-4385f9190a0b