XBOX One factory reset is stuck at 50%

Discus and support XBOX One factory reset is stuck at 50% in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an issue with my controller earlier this week, so I attempted to re-sync it. After doing so, I restarted the console and it sat on the green... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FosterGIII, Nov 11, 2021.

1. FosterGIII
    FosterGIII Guest

I had an issue with my controller earlier this week, so I attempted to re-sync it. After doing so, I restarted the console and it sat on the green screen (for hours), so, I performed the power cycle / unplugging from power method to get it up again. Nothing. Next, I began a factory reset, but, the console sat on that status for hours (again). So, the console has remained off for the last two days, and, I want to know if there's another method to get it running properly, or, do I need a repair, or, a new console. I got this one around Christmas season 2019, so it's less than two years old. (Where is the customer service chat feature?)

:)

FosterGIII, Nov 11, 2021
  2. greg_window10_instal Win User

factory reset stuck on 50%

Hello,i already done evrything , but still not work....
    Andy the Marmos,

If you were able to perform the
    OUS1
    steps as outline in Scrtch's YouTube video and you still can't get your Xbox running again. Then, I regret to say that you will probably need to send the Xbox in for "Device repair"
    . For more information see, "Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced" .

support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

SA
  3. Andy the Marmos Win User

Hello ,

First, lets start with the "error" that you are getting. If you go to the webpage “I need help with system updates on my Xbox One” you will have the option
    to click on "I NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR". Follow the step-by-step guide on how best to resolve the issue based on the "...ERROR MESSAGE OR AN ERROR CODE" that is being displayed on your Xbox. Or, you have the option of doing an Offline System
    Update, aka
    OSU1
    . Just click on "I NEED TO UPDATE MY CONSOLE OFFLINE" at the same webpage and follow that step-by-step guide to do a complete system update. Also, Xbox Ambassador Scrtch has a very good YouTube video on how to do an OUS1 at Scratch Plays. Just search
    for "Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Loading Screen".

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfH2M9GRzm8

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
    Hello,i already done evrything , but still not work....
  4. greg_window10_instal Win User

Hello Andy the Marmos,

First, lets start with the "error" that you are getting. If you go to the webpage “I need help with system updates on my Xbox One” you will have the option
    to click on "I NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR". Follow the step-by-step guide on how best to resolve the issue based on the "...ERROR MESSAGE OR AN ERROR CODE" that is being displayed on your Xbox. Or, you have the option of doing an Offline System
    Update, aka
    OSU1
    . Just click on "I NEED TO UPDATE MY CONSOLE OFFLINE" at the same webpage and follow that step-by-step guide to do a complete system update. Also, Xbox Ambassador Scrtch has a very good YouTube video on how to do an OUS1 at Scratch Plays. Just search
    for "Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Loading Screen".

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfH2M9GRzm8

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  5. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for letting me know and I apologize for the trouble.

If there is also an external hard drive, please unplug it and check if there will be an improvement.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi FosterGIII, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, we just need to reset your console again keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".

If that didn't work, you may want to consider choosing reset and removing everything.
Thema:

1. XBOX One factory reset is stuck at 50% - Similar Threads - factory reset stuck

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. XBox One factory reset precent stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One factory reset precent stuck: I am trying to factory reset my Xbox One but every time I try to do it gets stuck at a percent and won't move. I have tried to restart the factory reset but it just gets stuck at a different...
  7. My Xbox 1s is stuck on the factory reset login page frozen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 1s is stuck on the factory reset login page frozen: My Xbox is frozen on factory reset login page de7cfed7-1736-4154-a555-38c493418949
  8. Xbox one s stuck not connecting to internet and now stuck after a factory reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s stuck not connecting to internet and now stuck after a factory reset.: Xbox one s stuck after a factory reset not fully connecting to internet, before I reset it I could still see and scroll over things that normally would blank out if you weren't connected, such as...
  9. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f
  10. So my Xbox was stuck on the green start up screen done a fully factory reset and now it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox was stuck on the green start up screen done a fully factory reset and now it’s...: Been trying to get my Xbox to start up for the past 5 hours and it will just not work. It got stuck on the green screen I restarted it many times but no luck. I even unplugged waited a few hours...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one reset stuck at 50

2. xbox one stuck at 50