Xbox One extremely slow download

Discus and support Xbox One extremely slow download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For about a year now, I noticed my xbox one has taken significantly longer to download game updates than it has in the past. To remedy that, I turned... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mago47, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Mago47
    Mago47 Guest

For about a year now, I noticed my xbox one has taken significantly longer to download game updates than it has in the past. To remedy that, I turned on automatic updates while the xbox is in sleep mode and that has helped me significantly.

Recently, a game update came out that my xbox did not update in sleep mode. When I tried to make the update with the xbox on, the game would show as installing but the update was not actually progressing. Additionally, trying this made the wifi practically unusable for any other device at the time. So it is drawing a lot of bandwidth, but the update wasn't going anywhere.

I have power cycled the xbox and have restarted my router and modem but no luck. I swapped the power option from sleep to shutdown (making sure updates were still enabled) and after about 4 hours the game has only downloaded less than 2 GBs. This is the only movement I have seen on the download.

Not really sure what to do here. My wifi is generally good. I can stream with no issue and download movies to my other devices fairly quickly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Mago47, Oct 24, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: