Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support

Discus and support Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I'm having the same problem, let me describe the issue. I have many games installed on the external hdd. If I go offline... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KarmicNova1987, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support

I'm having the same problem, let me describe the issue.

I have many games installed on the external hdd. If I go offline mode, I can play the games. If I unplug the hdd while offline, then plug it back in, I see none of my games.

Once I go back online, then offline, I can use the hdd once again. But only until unplugged as before.

All of these games were installed from the disc. So why does the xbox need to see the internet each time it tries to load the hdd?

:)

KarmicNova1987, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support

Xbox one doesnt support external hard drives offline, the xbox one will recognize it has a external hard drive yes ,and the xbox will format the external hard drives yes, but it will not let you install or play anything offline, only until you connect to
    live is when the external hard drive works then it will let you play the games off it, this needs to be fixed microsoft, we need to play are external hard drive games offline to just like the internal hard drive where it dont matter if your online or not to
    play games.im not a online gamer microsoft and alot of us dont have internet either but we still want to have a larger drive , so if we dont have internet we cant play or even use the external hard drive, thats not far microsoft, you have the best console
    on the planet so please send us a update that gives us the right to play are external games offline to..

speedkill1977, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

But some games need to be online to played.

Dakrkplayer2, Nov 25, 2018
  4. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest

Hello KarmicNova1987,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Is the console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? We recommend making sure the
    console is up to date
    . This is an issue we will be investigating more on our end. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Nov 25, 2018
  5. I don't believe THEY are part of the insider program. That's where you get updates ahead of time, correct? If that's correct, they are absolutely not part of the insider program.

I have three systems, all of which behave the same way.

One is a gen 1 500gb black thick model.

One is a 500gb xbox one s.

One is a 1tb xbox one s.

All three are up to date.

KarmicNova1987, Nov 25, 2018
  6. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest
    Hi KarmicNova1987!

Thanks for replying and keeping us updated! Since your consoles are all up to date, then you may wish to try to adjust the power management (if in Instant On mode) for storage to see if that can affect a change to the situation.

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup >
      Power mode & startup.
    3. Confirm that your Power mode is set to Instant-on.
    4. Unselect the option When Xbox is off, turn off storage.
    5. Restart your Xbox, and then go to Settings and select
      System
      > Storage and see if your device now appears in the list.
    Of course, if you're in Energy Saving mode, you'll need to switch out, etc. If this doesn' work, I'd recommend trying our support article entitled

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One
    for further steps.

I hope that this helps a bit more and please let us know the results.

XBF Amber M, Nov 25, 2018
  7. I've seen this recommended in other places, doesn't help. Especially considering the systems can remain on the whole time:

Turn on system (in offline mode) -> plug in external hdd -> system can't read it -> go online -> external hdd works -> go offline -> hdd works -> remove hdd, leave system power on, in offline mode -> plug in hdd -> system can't read hdd -> go online -> hdd
    works again....

Repeat.

KarmicNova1987, Nov 6, 2018
  8. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Hello KarmicNova1987,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Is the console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? We recommend making sure the
    console is up to date
    . This is an issue we will be investigating more on our end. Be sure to let us know the results!
  9. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi KarmicNova1987!

Thanks for replying and keeping us updated! Since your consoles are all up to date, then you may wish to try to adjust the power management (if in Instant On mode) for storage to see if that can affect a change to the situation.

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup >
      Power mode & startup.
    3. Confirm that your Power mode is set to Instant-on.
    4. Unselect the option When Xbox is off, turn off storage.
    5. Restart your Xbox, and then go to Settings and select
      System
      > Storage and see if your device now appears in the list.
    Of course, if you're in Energy Saving mode, you'll need to switch out, etc. If this doesn' work, I'd recommend trying our support article entitled

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One
    for further steps.

I hope that this helps a bit more and please let us know the results.
  10. KarmicNova1987 Win User

I don't believe THEY are part of the insider program. That's where you get updates ahead of time, correct? If that's correct, they are absolutely not part of the insider program.

I have three systems, all of which behave the same way.

One is a gen 1 500gb black thick model.

One is a 500gb xbox one s.

One is a 1tb xbox one s.

All three are up to date.
  11. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drives work just fine offline.

To make your content work offline - specifically digital content - you need to make sure that the console you are using is your 'Home Console'. When your console is set to your home, you must also put your console into 'offline' mode.

Once this has been done, you can play indefinably offline, both from the internal hard drive and an external hard drive regardless of whether a game a digital purchase or installed from a disc. Use of an external hard drive does not require a connection
    to LIVE.

There is also no restriction to using an external hard drive to install games from disc whilst also offline.
  12. Elohmn Win User

I use a 3Tb External Seagate and it works fine offline. I don't know about Installing because I purchase everything Digital to begin with so I don't have anything to Install other then the initial purchase.

Not really sure what the OP's problem might be but it's not as described by the OP.
Thema:

1. Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support - Similar Threads - External Hard drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  6. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  7. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  8. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  9. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  10. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does the seagate hdd require xbox live to play games offline