Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi

Discus and support Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I have spent the last couple of hours attempting to play COD: Black Ops 3 with a group of my friends, but every time I get into a game it drops the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NotoriousGerbil, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi

So, I have spent the last couple of hours attempting to play COD: Black Ops 3 with a group of my friends, but every time I get into a game it drops the connection and forget the Wi-Fi, and when I attempt to reconnect to the Wi-Fi no signal appears. My other
    devices connected to the same Wi-Fi do not experience the same issues and this issue isn't just related to Black Ops 3 it happens when I am at the home screen as well. My old xbox one did not do this and I just got an Elite so idk if this is the problem or
    not. My NAT type is open and I have added all of the ports needed for Xbox One. I have tried everything that I could think of in order to get this to work but, have yet to figure it out. Hard resetting the console is the only way that I have been able to connect
    back to the internet and that is only a temporary fix ( literally only for a few minutes.)

-

:)

NotoriousGerbil, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Slevin310
    Slevin310 Guest
    Xbox Live and hotel Wi-Fi via Ethernet?

I need to find a way to connect my Xbox 360 to the Wi-Fi at hotels, considering I go to one almost every month. I have a game review due by thursday and I need to get this internet working. The issue is, hotels usually take you to a website where you have to log in on a website to connect to the Wi-Fi. This makes the Xbox Live connection impossible if you're doing it through Wi-Fi....

But what if I logged into the Wi-Fi on my laptop and connected my Xbox 360 to the laptop via Ethernet Cable. I have Windows 7 so I'm guessing there's some Microsoft internet sharing option that's compatible with other Microsoft products.... right?

Slevin310, Dec 24, 2015
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Will Xbox One have Wi-Fi N?

Will Xbox One have Wi-Fi N built into it? Or will an ethernet connection be required for internet connectivity?

smileskybird, Dec 24, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi