Xbox One drivers not installed/found

Discus and support Xbox One drivers not installed/found in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got an Xbox One controller to play on my Windows 8.1 PC. When first plugged in via USB, it seemed to find drivers. However, that was not the case --... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OfNightFuries, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Xbox One drivers not installed/found

I got an Xbox One controller to play on my Windows 8.1 PC.

When first plugged in via USB, it seemed to find drivers. However, that was not the case -- I saw the yellow exclamation point sign indicating there was a problem. I tried searching for drivers on my PC and on the Internet to no avail. I also went through
    Device Manager and clicked on the Update Device Drivers button, which did not work.

It prompted me to use the Troubleshooting program, so I did that, but it could not solve the issue.

I tried looking at the Microsoft Update Catalog app, but the link on the support page led me to one needing Internet Explorer 6+? I don't even have Internet Explorer anymore because didn't Microsoft itself stop supporting it????

I have found nothing else on the Internet that has been helpful. Please help.

:)

OfNightFuries, Feb 15, 2016
  2. XBOX ONE S controller cannot be used with CSR8510 A10 adapter.

After the windows update my bluetooth CSR adapter stopped walking without drivers and if you installed the official drivers do not match the joystick of xbox one s, any solution?

SilverApollo749, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Xbox one controller cannot connect via bluetooth

Hello,

I can plug-in my xbox one controller to my PC to update it and it see's the controller just fine. I go and try and connect via Bluetooth and it doesn't find it. I went and found the latest drivers for my PC and made sure they were installed and I have
    made sure the latest drivers for the controller are installed as well.

Thanks for help!

MatějŠtipčák, Feb 15, 2016
  4. ll KOZI
    ll KOZI Guest

Bump. Having the same issue.

ll KOZI, May 4, 2016
  5. Well, I got problems on my end too. Especially when I try to install and plug in my Xbox One Controller into my PC, but no dice.

RashaadLawson, May 5, 2016
  6. LazloLC
    LazloLC Guest
    I am having the same issue. I tried viewing the catalog website with IE, but the website wouldn't function because it claimed it needed lower security settings to store persistent data and stuff. It's ridiculous. Then, there are ten websites that all
    link to each other in a circular pattern instead of linking to the actual drivers. The whole experience has been miserable.

If anyone finds an actual link to the drivers or a way to install them without downgrading to Windows 10, please do share it.

LazloLC, May 24, 2016
  7. Okay, here's a really stupid solution that worked for me, hopefully will work for you.

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

I know it *says* 360 controller drivers for windows *7*, but I just installed them and they made my non-functioning Xbone controller work on my Windows 10 installation. You might have to do some driver finagling (go to manage devices, get the unknown controller,
    point it to the driver installation path directly), but hopefully it will work for your issue!

ComicJungle4985, May 25, 2016
  8. knerlington
    knerlington Guest

Microsoft are being extremely bad at supporting their official devices even on the one OS that they're being promoted for. Had and always have this issue myself if I uninstall the wireless adapter.

Solution is to navigate to
    catalog.update.microsoft.com/.../Home.aspx
    (you HAVE to use internet explorer. Edge might work too.) and search for "wireless adapter". After that download the one you want. Seems like the older ones aren't available any longer so I guess we don't have
    any real choice but to go with the latest one.

Install it and you should all be good to go.

What's worse is that MS claims the device needs to be replaced if the drivers can't be auto-downloaded by windows through the steps explained in the support page for the controller. They don't even mention this update catalog.

knerlington, Jun 22, 2016
  9. knerlington
    knerlington Guest
    Simply baffled by the lack of MS responses or official fixes.

knerlington, Oct 31, 2018
  10. knerlington Win User

Microsoft are being extremely bad at supporting their official devices even on the one OS that they're being promoted for. Had and always have this issue myself if I uninstall the wireless adapter.

Solution is to navigate to
    catalog.update.microsoft.com/.../Home.aspx
    (you HAVE to use internet explorer. Edge might work too.) and search for "wireless adapter". After that download the one you want. Seems like the older ones aren't available any longer so I guess we don't have
    any real choice but to go with the latest one.

Install it and you should all be good to go.

What's worse is that MS claims the device needs to be replaced if the drivers can't be auto-downloaded by windows through the steps explained in the support page for the controller. They don't even mention this update catalog.
  11. LazloLC Win User

I am having the same issue. I tried viewing the catalog website with IE, but the website wouldn't function because it claimed it needed lower security settings to store persistent data and stuff. It's ridiculous. Then, there are ten websites that all
    link to each other in a circular pattern instead of linking to the actual drivers. The whole experience has been miserable.

If anyone finds an actual link to the drivers or a way to install them without downgrading to Windows 10, please do share it.
  12. ll KOZI Win User

Bump. Having the same issue.
  13. ComicJungle4985 Win User

Okay, here's a really stupid solution that worked for me, hopefully will work for you.

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

I know it *says* 360 controller drivers for windows *7*, but I just installed them and they made my non-functioning Xbone controller work on my Windows 10 installation. You might have to do some driver finagling (go to manage devices, get the unknown controller,
    point it to the driver installation path directly), but hopefully it will work for your issue!
  14. RashaadLawson Win User

Well, I got problems on my end too. Especially when I try to install and plug in my Xbox One Controller into my PC, but no dice.
Thema:

1. Xbox One drivers not installed/found - Similar Threads - drivers installed found

2. getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...: getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running windows 11, driver installing the relevant cab, no joy. Any help woud be appreciated....
  3. HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...: HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest driver installed. while PC is starting light blinks...which means switch is fine....n...
  4. Is there a general purpose driver for Xbox 360 flight sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a general purpose driver for Xbox 360 flight sticks: I have an Xbox 360 Ace edge I wonder if there's a driver for it I would like to use the extra features and I would also like it not to show up at 360 controller hori doesn't have a driver on their...
  5. why I cant install racing wheel drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I cant install racing wheel drivers?: why I cant install racing wheel drivers? I get this error and cant solve the problem, help me to solve this please... 4143c1d7-679e-4aa1-aecb-9597383a149c
  6. Out of date graphics driver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Out of date graphics driver: Hello, so I've been trying to trouble shoot this error for almost 4 months now, no ones been able to solve it and I'm about to throw my pc out the window. Now I have tried 4 different cards in my...
  7. Missing camera driver in device manager

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing camera driver in device manager: HI im having problems with my camera and its not working. I already tried turning it on manually, troubleshooting it, uninstall/install app, followed some instructions from the internet and its...
  8. Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?: I have a Windows 11 PC and it will not update the controller driver. When I plug in a controller it shows up in device manager with the little yellow icon that shows there is a problem and when I...
  9. Windows 10 freezes after installing any type of GPU driver.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 freezes after installing any type of GPU driver.: Hi all, I have a HD 7990 which I have just bought. I installed drivers no problem and It ran great until two of the fans stopped and the GPU reached 95 degrees momentarily. I powered down the...
  10. EROR KETIKA INSTAL DRIVER PACK PADA LAPTOP ACER -[Translation - ERROR WHEN INSTALL THE DRIVER ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    EROR KETIKA INSTAL DRIVER PACK PADA LAPTOP ACER -[Translation - ERROR WHEN INSTALL THE DRIVER ...: Problem signature: Pertanyaan Saya Mengapa kalo saya Instal Driverpack atau yang lainya muncul seperti halaman dibawah ini? selalu Eror dan tdk bisa instal apapun.. mohon pencerahanya!...