Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi

Discus and support Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hope this goes in this forum, I didn't see a general networking forum. I use a Netgear N+ router and Turbo Roadrunner internet. I use a wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SerialSniper15, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi

Hope this goes in this forum, I didn't see a general networking forum.

I use a Netgear N+ router and Turbo Roadrunner internet. I use a wired connection to my console; It's fast and I usually experience minimal lag in-game or when using any other apps on my console.

I've noticed that once I cut my Xbox One on my Xbox 360 (in the bedroom), desktop computer (same room), and iPad (anywhere) experienced brutally slow wifi speeds. Netflix (on my 360) rebuffers every 10 seconds and my iPad will often time out when I'm trying
    to surf the internet. However, once I cut my Xbox One off everything returns to normal.

Is it normal for the Xbox One to have such a drain on my wifi speed?

:)

SerialSniper15, Mar 18, 2015
  2. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    Orange Equipment in Vending Machines

I have a level 50 Fabled Tortoise. It would be an amazing shield except for the fact that it drastically slows down your movement speed when you have it equipped.

Sword Style, Mar 18, 2015
  3. ds637234
    ds637234 Guest
    Xbox wifi connection slows down bad after update

About within 24 hours my wifi connection drops to 2 mbs dl and 1 mb upload after latest march update the only way to get it back to speed is to rejoin my network through settings and re enter my password then within 24hrs it slows down again. Also when it
    slows down the xbox shows huge gain in wireless strength. It has been perfect since launch now it is broken with an update.

ds637234, Mar 18, 2015
  4. Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi

Its probably more of a port issue with both Xboxs competing to use the same ones.

Richiestang78, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Richiestang78 Win User

Its probably more of a port issue with both Xboxs competing to use the same ones.
  6. coo1man25 Win User

Why does astroneer take loads of time to load?

Load times can be slowed down by alot of things for example if another game is updating it may slow down your xbox. It could also be WiFi reasons.
  7. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

REALLY bad download speeds on Xbox One

If you are playing and still have a wifi connection it is really slow, if you transmit then the download drastically drops, always use a direct cable connection on the console and in quick boot mode
    while the console is off it downloads in stand by
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Lenteurs de téléchargements anormales[Translation-Abnormal download slowness]

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have issue with slow downloads. To be honest it can happen from time to time. Where downloads slow down drastically. Mine do it all the time. You can try the

slow download of game or app
    guide for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. VibroPlex Win User

Wireless Internet is super slow on Xbox live need help

Do you have a stereo wireless headset, especially those from MadKatz and Turtle Beach? If so, please unplug its transmitter from the console, as those use the same frequency as WiFi but don't use the WiFi rules so they jam the
    WiFi system and slow it down severely.

Also, is there a cordless house phone base unit, an X-10 system, a baby monitor or other wireless device within 3'/one metre of the Xbox? Those also can jam the signal and slow it down severely - but WiFi devices and cellphones
    are no problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi - Similar Threads - drastically slows down

2. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  3. Xbox One S being slow and laggy.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S being slow and laggy.: I have an Xbox One S (2 T), I bought it refurbished from GameStop about 2 years ago, although just 4 days ago any game I would play would be laggy and crash, and then ultimately the Xbox itself...
  4. When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...: this just started happening after i updated to windows 11, was working fine yesterday on windows 10. 6ba469ab-12dd-42cf-8932-124bd21ecd38
  5. Slow download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download: Why are downloading updates so slow when Internet connection is 400mb + 31026a73-8e97-4f3e-86ae-78c1849ce75c
  6. What can I do to fix slow/buggy system

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can I do to fix slow/buggy system: My xbox series s was having trouble with a game so I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't install at all. I tried everything that was suggested but it just made everything worse. My xbox won't...
  7. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  8. I transferred my xbox account over to a series x about a year ago and noticed a drastic...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I transferred my xbox account over to a series x about a year ago and noticed a drastic...: I've made a post about this before and just been told it will return to normal in a few days but i have not noticed any change whatsoever . Did i just lose more than 10 years of achievements or do...
  9. Putting drastic actions like sign-out next to changes like audio settings.

in XboX Insiders
    Putting drastic actions like sign-out next to changes like audio settings.: I pass along because he is right "perhaps right above "audio", is a bad place to put "sign out". I went to change my headset volume and now I have to wait five minutes for freaking...
  10. Microsoft need to take drastic measures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft need to take drastic measures: I for one love my xbox one but after the latest selling reports in Europe and USA Microsoft simply con not let this trend continue. If this carries on for the next few months people will be buying...