Xbox One Downloading Games Much Slower Than Network Speed

Discus and support Xbox One Downloading Games Much Slower Than Network Speed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Just wondering if anybody had any experience where your console downloads much slower than the network speed? I've tested my wired connection on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SMT2013XP, Jun 20, 2015.

1. SMT2013XP
    SMT2013XP Guest

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody had any experience where your console downloads much slower than the network speed?

I've tested my wired connection on my xbox and its download speed is 62Mbps and I've been downloading the Elder Scrolls Online (55GB) for 5 hours now but its only got to 21% even though at my network speed it
    should only take 2-3 hours to download. I've tried resetting my xbox and router but there's no improvement.

Anyone know of any fixes as this is a complete joke at the minute

:)

SMT2013XP, Jun 20, 2015
  2. Xbox not receiving high download speeds

Your xbox will have slow downloading speeds if someone is streaming something on the same network. Make sure no-one is watching Netflix or something and your speeds will be much faster.

FallenCrowsnest, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Hemi Jindrix
    Hemi Jindrix Guest
    Downloading digital games

Tried to link a image but couldn't. So anyone else having slow time downloading games, here's my network statistics from the settings page on my Xbox One

Download speed 120.38Mbps Latency 63ms

Upload speed 23.38Mbps

Packet loss 0%

MTU 1480

Hemi Jindrix, Jun 20, 2015
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

You will never get your max network speed 65mb download speed isnt tbat bad

Internet spedd is theoritical and based on top speed rather actual daily speeds

And you gotta Remember there is alot of gateways between you and xbox live and any download servers

ngocphi, Jun 20, 2015
  5. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Xbox live uses content delivery networks to distribute downloads and updates.

What country are you in?

There is currently a problem with some of the CDN servers in the UK that give pathetic download speeds. The problem has existed for weeks now.

Your DNS settings determine what CDN server you connect to.

If I use my ISPs DNS it connects me to a faulty server which means extremely slow downloads. A couple of weeks ago it took nearly 3 hours to download a system update.

So if you are currently experiencing extremely slow downloads you should cancel the download then try a different DNS server. You can change DNS in the network settings app.

A couple of DNS servers you can try are

Google DNS and openDNS

For google enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the primary and secondary dns slots

And for openDNS try 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

You need to restart the console after changing the DNS.

Malacath, Jun 21, 2015
  6. SMT2013XP
    SMT2013XP Guest
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, managed to fix it.

My router had assigned my Xbox One a IPv6 primary DNS even though the router itself had IPv6 connections disabled. I was unable to change the DNS setting on the console as it kept reverting to the IPv6 DNS so had to go into my router using TelNet and make
    a few changes using that to redisable the IPv6.

Xbox One now has the IPv4 DNS servers and is now working much quicker.

SMT2013XP, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: