Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound)

Discus and support Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have noticed there is an issue when using Dolby Digital surround sound output on my Xbox one console. It seems that the audio has a minor clipping... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by billygoatman123, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound)

I have noticed there is an issue when using Dolby Digital surround sound output on my Xbox one console. It seems that the audio has a minor clipping issue where the speakers give a crackle sound. Clipping occurs when the source gain is too high and it
    overloads the output channel. I was able to determine that the issue is the console and not my surround sound system because of the following.

1. This issue occurs on both my old setup with a receiver and new setup with surround sound soundbar system when using Dolby digital output
    2. The issue occurs both on audio output through the optical port and HDMI
    3. The issue does not occur when using DTS surround sound output. My old setup could do DTS and Dolby so I switched to the DTS mode and the issue went away. However my new sound system only supports Dolby surround sound output so the crackling
      is back Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound) :(
    This issue never happened on the Xbox 360, why is it happening now? Has anyone else noticed this issue, and/or found a way to fix it? If you don't believe me, the issue is most easily noticed for me in Titan-fall (explosions and such, menu music), and
    Shadow of Mordor (in the menu when moving around on the mini-map when selecting objectives, the crackle/clipping is very noticeable.

:)

billygoatman123, Mar 6, 2015
  2. Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

Dolby Digital is surround sound. There is a separate option for stereo audio on the optical output. I can definitely tell a difference between stereo and surround with my A40s, and the bitstream Dolby Digital is definitely surround.

RakkaDisciprine, Mar 6, 2015
  3. Gringo
    Gringo Guest
    How can i get sound ? with my monitor ?

You are only hearing stereo sound, now. It is indeed 2 channels, left and right, very basic. For some reason the Xbox One, at the moment, does not output surround sound through the output you are using. According to the article below the capability will be coming through an online patch. If you have a DVD player with the same type of digital optical output or you play a DVD on your computer through the headset you should be able to get a better idea of what the post patch surround sound will sound like.

[Update] State Of Sound: Xbox One Dolby Digital Coming Post-Launch

Gringo, Mar 6, 2015
  4. Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound)

I was able to avoid this issue by reducing the in game audio voulmes to 80%.

billygoatman123, Apr 3, 2015
  5. beef bandit
    beef bandit Guest
    I'm having this same issue.

beef bandit, Apr 18, 2015
  6. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there beef bandit,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. To better assist you on a more individual basis, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. Thanks!

Miss Diggz, Apr 19, 2015
  7. I still get thia issue from time to time. It depends on what game or movie is playing, since not every game or movie has the option to turn down the audio output. Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound) :( this should get fixed since the 360 never had this problem with dolby surround sound.

billygoatman123, Jul 10, 2015
  8. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest

Hey there Billygoatman123,

Thanks for passing along the update. Let's try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can sort things out.

• Power Cycle your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
    • Once your console is completely off, unplug your surround sound system from the console and also unplug the console from the power source and wait about three minutes.
    • After three minutes has passed, plug all the cords back in and turn on your console.
    • Sign into your account and try playing Titanfall to see if you're still getting the clipping/crackle sound.
    If trying the troubleshooting steps above didn't work out, please let me know. Also, are you currently participating in the Xbox One Preview Program by chance? If you are, I would suggest heading on over to the Preview Program forums to let the proper folks
    know what you're experiencing and to receive further assistance. Thanks in advance!

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there beef bandit,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. To better assist you on a more individual basis, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. Thanks!
  10. beef bandit Win User

I'm having this same issue.
  11. billygoatman123 Win User

I still get thia issue from time to time. It depends on what game or movie is playing, since not every game or movie has the option to turn down the audio output. :( this should get fixed since the 360 never had this problem with dolby surround sound.
  12. billygoatman123 Win User

I was able to avoid this issue by reducing the in game audio voulmes to 80%.
  13. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there Billygoatman123,

Thanks for passing along the update. Let's try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can sort things out.

• Power Cycle your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
    • Once your console is completely off, unplug your surround sound system from the console and also unplug the console from the power source and wait about three minutes.
    • After three minutes has passed, plug all the cords back in and turn on your console.
    • Sign into your account and try playing Titanfall to see if you're still getting the clipping/crackle sound.
    If trying the troubleshooting steps above didn't work out, please let me know. Also, are you currently participating in the Xbox One Preview Program by chance? If you are, I would suggest heading on over to the Preview Program forums to let the proper folks
    know what you're experiencing and to receive further assistance. Thanks in advance!
Thema:

1. Xbox One Dolby Digital surround output clipping (crackle sound) - Similar Threads - Dolby Digital surround

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  9. Need help with dolby digital audio

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...
  10. Dolby Digital Audio Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Digital Audio Delay: Hi Team, Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1. Stereo works fine, the moment I switch to...