xbox one doesn't type the correct channel into my comcast box

Discus and support xbox one doesn't type the correct channel into my comcast box in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Currently, if I go to one guide and say, "what's on ESPN" it brings up 173 which is correct for my area, however when I say, watch this channel, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by savant007, Jan 2, 2014.

1. savant007
    savant007 Guest

Currently, if I go to one guide and say, "what's on ESPN" it brings up 173 which is correct for my area, however when I say, watch this channel, it types in something else into the cable box, like just 17 or something more random. Any thoughts on how to
    get Xbox to talk to my cable box properly?

:)

savant007, Jan 2, 2014
  2. WayneHixson
    WayneHixson Guest
    List of Cable Channels with Voice Control Names

I'd like to get a list of my cable channels (Comcast Seattle) with the appropriate names to use for voice control. When I go to the Comcast site, the list they have doesn't match what is in One Guide. Also, it appears even if you know
    the name, Xbox won't always recognize it unless you go into OneGuide and find it manually (pageup, pagedown) and tune it from within OneGuide while it's on the screen. Is that correct, Xbox doesn't automatically "know" all the TV channel names to begin with?\

Hobneb

WayneHixson, Jan 2, 2014
  3. X1 Platform/Xbox One Set Up

For some reason the xbox one won't recognize my Xfinity X1 Platform box to switch channels on my cable box. Anybody else having this problem with the smaller buddy boxes as Comcast call them? I've tried entering Xfinity & Comcast and still nothing.

MaximumExtreme, Jan 2, 2014
  4. xbox one doesn't type the correct channel into my comcast box

Try doing a power cycle by holding the power button down on the front of the console for 8-10 sec until it shuts off then unplug it the console from the power outlet for 30 sec. After 30 sec plug back in, power back on and try Live tv again. Hopefully it
    will be fixed.

MaximumExtreme, Jan 3, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: