Xbox one Doesn't save network set-up

Discus and support Xbox one Doesn't save network set-up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So everytime I turn on my xbox one on i have to manually enter my network info (ip address, dns, gateway) because it does not remember it after i shut... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FR0ZENxFIRE, Apr 24, 2014.

1. FR0ZENxFIRE
    FR0ZENxFIRE Guest

So everytime I turn on my xbox one on i have to manually enter my network info (ip address, dns, gateway) because it does not remember it after i shut it off . Once entered the xbox connects to xbl just fine. It's the biggest pain to have to do this everytime
    i want to play. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank You

:)

FR0ZENxFIRE, Apr 24, 2014
  2. error message when trying to connect to the internet

I get an error message saying "can't connect to the internet, your network is not set up", I tried setting up my network by clicking set up wireless network, finding my router, typing in the password and it still doesn't work. I reset the router and did
    a hard reset on the xbox one and it still doesn't work.

thekingofhamste, Apr 24, 2014
  3. Account on X1 not syncing with xbox forums

Right now, Microsoft doesn't have the Xbox One achievements, games, or challenges set up to work with the rest of their network (Xbox.com, 360, the forums, etc.) Give them a little time and they will get the full integration set up.

HyruleBalverine, Apr 24, 2014
  4. Xbox one Doesn't save network set-up

Hey there FR0ZENxFIRE!

I am sorry to hear about the connection issue, that definitely should not be happening. Just to make sure that we have not missed any troubleshooting steps, I would like you to try a few steps so that we can try to get this issue sorted.

Please give the following steps a shot:

• Unplug the power cable from the back of your router/gateway.
    • Turn off your console by holding the power button for five seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off ,unplug your console and wait five minutes.
    • Plug in your console and router/gateway.
    • Power on your console.
    • Check to see if your Xbox One console automatically recognizes your network.

Please keep us updated on this issue and we will be standing by to help get this sorted out.

Mister Quimby, Apr 29, 2014
  5. FR0ZENxFIRE
    FR0ZENxFIRE Guest
    I actually did get it fixed, i had to restore back to factory default settings. It works fine now. thanks

FR0ZENxFIRE, May 25, 2014
  6. ll Ry ll
    ll Ry ll Guest
    Having this issue aswell. All settings are saved except the gateway IP address, which I have to re-enter manually everytime I start up my console.

If I revert back to factory settings, wont It delete all my game installs and downloads?

ll Ry ll, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Mister Beep Win User

Not saving game data

Hey rhorse88!

Bummer to hear that the saves for the game didn't go through. To help narrow this down and make sure this doesn't keep happening we'd like a bit of information on this:

1. While you were playing, were you connected to Xbox Live or were you playing offline?
    2. If you were connected to Xbox Live, what are you
      Detailed Network Statistics
      showing up as on the Xbox One?
    Thanks for getting us that info, definitely wanna see your saves working right!
  8. FR0ZENxFIRE Win User

I actually did get it fixed, i had to restore back to factory default settings. It works fine now. thanks
  9. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there FR0ZENxFIRE!

I am sorry to hear about the connection issue, that definitely should not be happening. Just to make sure that we have not missed any troubleshooting steps, I would like you to try a few steps so that we can try to get this issue sorted.

Please give the following steps a shot:

• Unplug the power cable from the back of your router/gateway.
    • Turn off your console by holding the power button for five seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off ,unplug your console and wait five minutes.
    • Plug in your console and router/gateway.
    • Power on your console.
    • Check to see if your Xbox One console automatically recognizes your network.

Please keep us updated on this issue and we will be standing by to help get this sorted out.
  10. ll Ry ll Win User

Having this issue aswell. All settings are saved except the gateway IP address, which I have to re-enter manually everytime I start up my console.

If I revert back to factory settings, wont It delete all my game installs and downloads?
  11. Mistress Sara Win User

Save xbox360 no xbox one

Thema:

1. Xbox one Doesn't save network set-up - Similar Threads - Doesn't save network

2. What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???: I think my question in rhe titles says it all. Cloud based save games are worthless, you never know when you are synced with the cloud and I've learned from Starfiekd that list saves can't be...
  3. Starfield doesn't have enough space to save.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield doesn't have enough space to save.: My Xbox Series X has only one game on it, Starfield with 670.1 GB free. Starfield takes up 101.2 GB with 214.1 MB save data. I lost a 40hr starfield game because I got to a point where I couldn't...
  4. Starfield doesn't save settings and didn't install latest update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield doesn't save settings and didn't install latest update: After downloading & installing the latest update on the Xbox game pass on windows, the FOV-slider still doesn't show up. Also my settings (display,audio,etc.) do not save, I have to re adjust them...
  5. Why doesn't Jigsaw save my puzzles any more? It used to!

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't Jigsaw save my puzzles any more? It used to!: My Micro soft Jigsaw puzzles will not save my puzzles anymore? 5d9bed59-f136-4d98-b304-c809dd47852a
  6. Why my minecraft bedrock edition doesn't save any achievements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my minecraft bedrock edition doesn't save any achievements?: I've bought the minecraft Java and Bedrock edition, and as i installed the BedRock edition i noticed that my achievements wasn't being saved. Usually i would not give attention to it, but as the...
  7. Xbox series x doesn't save home wifi password

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x doesn't save home wifi password: Hi guys is it normal for Xbox series x to not save the home wifi password? Whenever i turn on the Xbox i have to reinsert the Wi-Fi password. I'm also having the Xbox on save energy mode. Is that...
  8. Old Xbox One console doesn't want to save games suddenly!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Old Xbox One console doesn't want to save games suddenly!: Hiya! I've had my Xbox one for a long time, but up until now it didn't seem to have a problem with saving games. I hadn't played with it in a while for various reasons, but now I just got on more...
  9. Fable II Loads in German on Xbox Cloud, Doesn't Sync My Last Save

in XBoX on Windows
    Fable II Loads in German on Xbox Cloud, Doesn't Sync My Last Save: So I go to load up Fable II, and lo and behold, it's in German, and nothing was synced, only allowing me to start a new game. I've made no changes to my language preferences, either in my Xbox...
  10. My cloud storage on my xbox 360 doesn't allow me to save

in XBoX on Consoles
    My cloud storage on my xbox 360 doesn't allow me to save: I'm already have a live gold membership and I was trying to save my game plays from my hard drive to my cloud storage. When I go to my hard drive saves it only gives me a transfer option not a...