Xbox One does not connect to Live upon Startup (via ethernet), but works after modem reset

Discus and support Xbox One does not connect to Live upon Startup (via ethernet), but works after modem reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So for the past couple weeks, I've had this issue when I turn my Xbox on and log into my profile (which has Xbox Live subscription), I cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zTurdbaLL, Jan 2, 2018.

1. zTurdbaLL
    zTurdbaLL Guest

Xbox One does not connect to Live upon Startup (via ethernet), but works after modem reset

Hi,

So for the past couple weeks, I've had this issue when I turn my Xbox on and log into my profile (which has Xbox Live subscription), I cannot connect to Live. First, normally, I know that once you log in, it should connect automatically. However, it looks
    like I'm not even connecting.

Once I unplug and replug my modem in, I can connect to Live. This process is extremely tedious and time-inefficient.

There are so many issues I've read that are similar to this, but it's incredibly difficult to have to sift through all of them for the resolution to this problem. FYI, I can go into the router settings via IP address, if necessary.

Please advise, thank you.

:)

zTurdbaLL, Jan 2, 2018
  2. Stevepeach
    Stevepeach Guest
    XBOX doesn't connect to router via ethernet but does connect to modem directly.

Hi,

Any idea.

My brothers xbox will connect directly to his modem via ethernet, but when connected to the router it doesn't. It is worth noting that if I connect it wirelessly to the router it does work.. So it is literally only when connecting via ethernet to router.

Also note that everything else connects to the router with ethernet fine.

Any ideas ??

Stevepeach, Jan 2, 2018
  3. JRydah77
    JRydah77 Guest
    XBOX ONE Sign in problems

For a while now whenever I turn on my Xbox I'll either sign into xbox live but can't sign into my profile or vice versa. The only way I can sign into both is to either do a hard reset on my console if the profile doesn't log in or unplug the Ethernet cable and re-plug it in if its not connecting to Xbox live. Does this happen to anyone else? I started thinking that maybe its because my 1yr old had been turning my system off and on rapidly a few times before I could curb this behavior. Any thoughts? I've reset my modem countless times so its not that.......

JRydah77, Jan 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: