Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ...

Discus and support Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Guy's My Xbox one suddenly stopped reading all formats of disk Blu ray,DVD or Xbox One games on 27/12 The dashboard just says insert disk and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ITSPRICEY XTUK, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ...

Hi Guy's

My Xbox one suddenly stopped reading all formats of disk Blu ray,DVD or Xbox One games on 27/12

The dashboard just says insert disk and then comes up with a error code.

Sometimes the drive makes a grinding noise but not all the time.

I have tried to reset the X1 to factory settings,

Press the power button on for 10 seconds for it to reboot

Unticked the blu ray live option and deleted the persistent storage 3 times

Put the Xbox One into power saving mode

I remember in the summer a update caused the X1 to have disk drive errors and I have also read that the disruption we have had to the Xbox Live service could also cause problems?

I have contacted support who have said send it back but I have a niggle that this is not disk drive issue. More likely a software internet problem?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

:)

ITSPRICEY XTUK, Dec 28, 2014
  2. Xbox one disk read error all formats suddenly. Had no issues before. Xbox turned itself on by itself and when shut down the power light flashes slowly white? My drive makes a grinding noise. Have a niggle this is a software issue

Xbox one disk read error all formats suddenly. Had no issues before. Xbox turned itself on by itself and when shut down the power light flashes slowly white? My drive makes a grinding noise. Have a niggle this is a software issue like a failed update?d

This literally happened overnight with no problems at all before. The Xbox turned itself on by itself the same day the drive stopped reading disks!

Any ideas?. I have arranged to send back to Microsoft but feel this could be a problem I may be able to sort myself.

Status code for all disks 0x91d7000

Any help appreciated

ITSPRICEY XTUK, Dec 28, 2014
  3. Console taking ages to start up..

Is there any disk error's

What kind of hard drive did it come with.

Providing you are using the original hard drive if the error persists i would advise calling xbox support they should help you.

Also i have a problem a disk reading error the disk tray will jam if there is no disk in but if there is not problem.

SIL3NT SNIP3R09, Dec 28, 2014
  4. Safinn-DEBE5465-69BB Win User

Playing Game Problem

Any idea anyone?

Just read online that the old Hitachi drives are the ones causing the problem not reading the disks.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Disk drive wont read any disks

There seems to be a hardware issue with your disc driver. You should send your console for repairs:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  6. Kristyfan Win User

Xbox one fat not inizialize any dvd game 360

Dear all, upgrade about issue reported.

the xbox no read any kind of disk, excepted xbox one game disk.

So, i think that the problem is by optical drive.

Maybe e

xist a mode to reset dvd unit, like car stereo?

Many thanks
  7. SoapyOrpheus234 Win User

XBOX One does not recognize Blu-ray disk

On a PC play without any problems

On a different player play w/o problem

it not disk issue.

XBOX One not read burned disk?
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

My Seagate 2tb Hardrive

Hi,

If it's not working on the console then drive has some type of boot sector curruption, it's probably still working though. If you can hear the drive spin up and access the disk, then that's a good sign. But any continuous clicking noises will indicate a
    dying hard drive.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the data back from the drive so you'll need to format it.

Plug your drive to a PC running Windows and run 'Disk Management'. The quickest way to get to Disk Management is to right click on the start menu and select it from here.

Hopefully your drive will show up here and Windows will ask you to 'Initialise it'. Once this is done, format the drive. For the Xbox One to see a PC formated drive, the drive must be formatted to NTFS.

With the drive formatted, plug it back to your console and see if the Xbox lets you set it for game storage.
Thema:

Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ...

1. Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ... - Similar Threads - disk drive suddenly

2. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  3. Will the next xbox have a disk drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will the next xbox have a disk drive?: I hope Xbox does not get rid of the disk drive. If that is the case I know for a fact that the Xbox series x will be my last system. I collect my physical media. 2972ae98-efe9-489b-9a48-d219811b12c3
  4. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

in XboX Insiders
    Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea: Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the...
  5. Disk drive probably broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive probably broken.: My xbox disk drive doesn't work . When I put in a disk it would spin for like 3 seconds then stop and it does the same thing over and over and then stop spinning....
  6. Xbox disk drive won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disk drive won’t work: Microsoft. I’m disappointed. My Xbox one disk drive has stoped working. I have only owned this console for one year. I don’t mind that the drive didn’t work with movies. But I’m upset that I can...
  7. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  8. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...: Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615
  9. Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S: Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S c2abf77f-726c-41ae-8caf-713a9744e6e6
  10. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...