Xbox One disc drive not working/broken

Discus and support Xbox One disc drive not working/broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, whenever i put a disc into the system, all that happens is it makes a loud spinning noise and it does nothing else. It doesn't matter what disc i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NicolasCastillo, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Xbox One disc drive not working/broken

So, whenever i put a disc into the system, all that happens is it makes a loud spinning noise and it does nothing else. It doesn't matter what disc i use. My system will no longer read/work with any disc (including DVDs, Blue-Ray, and Video Games). No matter
    what disc it is, it just makes that loud spinning sound, stops, and does nothing else. It wont read the disc or anything. The Xbox screen on my TV even says that there isn't a disc in the system. Please help. I am trying to avoid sending my console out for
    repairs.

:)

NicolasCastillo, Jul 15, 2015
  2. Disc Drive really loud

I'm from Mexico and i want to ask, is it normal thar the disc drive sound is really loud? it's not a click, o the "broken disc drive" issue, in fact it works fine, but i feel it's really loud.

I tried with a DVD movie and it doesn't make the same "working sound" as it does with a Blu-Ray Movie or a game.

Also, when i turn the xbox one in stanby mode, the disc drive keeps working, so the sound doesn't stop (when with a blu-ray disc inside).

Is this an issue?

Thanks.

Silolam-F58C1DE2-E47C-494C-8E32-A5E23D0E5094, Jul 15, 2015
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    Xbox one trade in gamestop

Glad to know EB/Gamestop doesn't change no matter where it is. Even though it has a broken disc drive, they're going to do the same thing they do with the completely fine working models. Send it to their warehouse, they'll go over it and replace any parts that need replacing from already broken machines and then sell it for $50 off the retail price of a new one.

bloosuga, Jul 15, 2015
  4. Andy :)
    Andy :) Guest

Hi, it really does sound like your drive isn't working. I suspect it is either unbalanced or not spinning at the right speed for some reason. I wish there was something to suggest but I think you may well have to send it off for repair Xbox One disc drive not working/broken :(

Andy :), Jul 16, 2015
  5. Lcast15
    Lcast15 Guest
    Hey there wolvie217!

I agree with SnoopyMegaDaddy, you should probably just send it in, you dont want to break it further.

Lcast15, Oct 31, 2018
  6. AmazingAsCoffee Win User

Xbox one does not start up game.

If it is an original xbox one there is a good chance the disk drive is broken, as the original xbox one has a slight design flaw causing most xbox one disc drives to stop working over time.
  7. Lcast15 Win User

Hey there wolvie217!

I agree with SnoopyMegaDaddy, you should probably just send it in, you dont want to break it further.
  8. Andy :) Win User

Hi, it really does sound like your drive isn't working. I suspect it is either unbalanced or not spinning at the right speed for some reason. I wish there was something to suggest but I think you may well have to send it off for repair :(
  9. MessiahBrowny Win User

XBOX ONE hard drive keeps clicking/grinding slowing down load time for games and apps

10. denis97g Win User

Games

that's how it works with physical copies everywhere. sorry to hear that the disc drive is broken.
Thema:

1. Xbox One disc drive not working/broken - Similar Threads - disc drive working

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. Disc drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive not working: Hi, I have a Xbox series X and I'm having issues. The disc drive is not pulling the discs in or ejecting them. Any ideas on how to fix it? 4f968106-c8fa-4693-a34b-538bf5011075
  6. XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES: Am i seriously going to need to start a class action lawsuit over the new series x only reading certian games? Its been almost 9 months ive waited for an update to fix. Certain games play, others...
  7. Xbox disc drive not working (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive not working (series x): My Xbox drive won’t work I can insert and eject game but it doesn’t read them. I’ve done a whole lot of methods like changing the lower cycle, powering off the Xbox, unplugging it, hard restart,...
  8. Xbox One S Disc Drive Won't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Won't Work: Purchased Christmas - now the disc drive won't do anything. Is there a home fix for this? Already unplugged, did a hard reset. Anything else? 9b22b7fd-a73d-4615-8d96-ab40507d47c5
  9. Launch Xbox One disc drive doesn't always work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox One disc drive doesn't always work: My Xbox One fails to read my Blu-ray and Xbox One games on a regular basis. It started off ok but then it would take it about 3 or 4 tries for it to read the disc. Now it takes over a dozen! What...
  10. Disc Drive doesnt work, Bad support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive doesnt work, Bad support: I have asked for a new xbox one 4 times now!!! Then finally when they actually seem that they are sending me a replacement, I get a Kinect sensor instead!!! WTF is going on with this company!!!!...