Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

Discus and support Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Are you sleeping in front of the TV/Kinect? Like my theory suggested above, I think it might just look for something that at least resembles a human :P... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fastharry, Feb 4, 2014.

  1. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/


    Are you sleeping in front of the TV/Kinect? Like my theory suggested above, I think it might just look for something that at least resembles a human Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/ :p If I move in front of the kinect so that it cant recognize my face, it typically doesnt undim the screen,
    but if I let it see my face (much like when signing in) it undims the screen.
     
    Coreldan, Feb 6, 2014
    #31
  2. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    when this first came out... a lot of people asked for a turn of timer... instead of Xbox off y/n we need xbox off NOW/15 Min/30 Min/1 hour regardless of activity or not
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 6, 2014
    #32
  3. fastharry
    fastharry Guest
    [quote user="Coreldan"]

    Are you sleeping in front of the TV/Kinect? Like my theory suggested above, I think it might just look for something that at least resembles a human Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/ :p If I move in front of the kinect so that it cant recognize my face, it typically doesnt undim the screen,
    but if I let it see my face (much like when signing in) it undims the screen.

    [/quote]

    Thats what I thought....so I slipped the cover over it that came with the PDP Kinect sensor....still was on in the morning..
     
    fastharry, Feb 6, 2014
    #33
  4. fastharry
    fastharry Guest

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    [quote user="tohellnbak"]

    when this first came out... a lot of people asked for a turn of timer... instead of Xbox off y/n we need xbox off NOW/15 Min/30 Min/1 hour regardless of activity or not

    [/quote]

    I agree..I sent that suggestion to MS..saying the ONE should have a dedicated sleep timer that shuts off the ONE AND TV...
     
    fastharry, Feb 6, 2014
    #34
  5. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    I just did some searching.. seems like if A: you are watching TV, the XB1 thinks you are active and will not shut down B: using netflix, the XB1 thinks you are active and will not shut down.. try setting to your home screen and walk away for an hour....
    see if it goes off then
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 6, 2014
    #35
  6. fastharry
    fastharry Guest
    [quote user="tohellnbak"]

    I just did some searching.. seems like if A: you are watching TV, the XB1 thinks you are active and will not shut down B: using netflix, the XB1 thinks you are active and will not shut down.. try setting to your home screen and walk away for an hour....
    see if it goes off then

    [/quote]

    yep, I think that's what it is also......Unfortunetly, I am not getting up to shut it off.......Hopefull MS puts a dedicated timer in..
     
    fastharry, Feb 6, 2014
    #36
  7. Say Xbox, Turn Off then Yes.

    No problem monster.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Feb 16, 2014
    #37
  8. Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    Hope everyone is running good for you still glad you like it Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/ :)
     
    MessiahBrowny, Feb 19, 2014
    #38
  9. fastharry
    fastharry Guest
    Hi Guys...thought I would check in....Life with ONE is going pretty good....have some issues with TV freeze and the update black screen...but I am sure they will be resolved. On the plus side, really enjoying Kinect as I learn what and how it can be used..Could
    not imaging going back to a "DUMB" console......the day I was watching TV, got an important phone call and said "xbox mute" made it all worth while, LOL......and checking friends status while watching TV with voice commands?...priceless, LOl...
     
    fastharry, Feb 28, 2014
    #39
  10. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    And the XB1 we all got was less than 50% polished and finished. Wait a few more months...
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 28, 2014
    #40
  11. Isn't progress wonderful, fastharry? Oh, & I'm sending you a FR. Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/ ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 28, 2014
    #41
  12. fastharry
    fastharry Guest
    got it..added you back...thanks
     
    fastharry, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. fastharry Win User

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    got it..added you back...thanks
  14. Galactic Geek Win User

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    Isn't progress wonderful, fastharry? Oh, & I'm sending you a FR. ;)
  15. tohellnbak Win User

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    And the XB1 we all got was less than 50% polished and finished. Wait a few more months...
  16. fastharry Win User

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    Hi Guys...thought I would check in....Life with ONE is going pretty good....have some issues with TV freeze and the update black screen...but I am sure they will be resolved. On the plus side, really enjoying Kinect as I learn what and how it can be used..Could
    not imaging going back to a "DUMB" console......the day I was watching TV, got an important phone call and said "xbox mute" made it all worth while, LOL......and checking friends status while watching TV with voice commands?...priceless, LOl...
  17. fastharry Win User

    Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

    [quote user="tohellnbak"]

    I just did some searching.. seems like if A: you are watching TV, the XB1 thinks you are active and will not shut down B: using netflix, the XB1 thinks you are active and will not shut down.. try setting to your home screen and walk away for an hour....
    see if it goes off then

    [/quote]

    yep, I think that's what it is also......Unfortunetly, I am not getting up to shut it off.......Hopefull MS puts a dedicated timer in..
Thema:

Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/

Loading...
  1. Xbox ONE deliivered!...Few questions before hook up/ - Similar Threads - deliivered Few questions

  2. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  3. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  4. For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...

    in XboX Insiders
    For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...: For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X sounds very robotic. I've already tried a different headset, but unfortunately, that didn't help. This...
  5. mouse and keyboard froze for few seconds at random time for few seconds

    in XboX Insiders
    mouse and keyboard froze for few seconds at random time for few seconds: os version 10.0.26100.6214 tested: mouse bloody es7(tested different pole rating 1000/500/250 and dpi 3000/2000/1000/800) mouse havit hv-ms752 some chip keyboard a4tech kl-40 keyboard and all...
  6. Is xbox game pass still a good value if you play only a few games a month?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is xbox game pass still a good value if you play only a few games a month?: I rotate through a couple of mid-size games each month on Series X and sometimes PC. I’m weighing xbox game pass against just buying the few games I know I’ll finish. With the new tiers, Premium...
  7. Hello, I have been experiencing a huge problem for a few days on GamePass (PC)

    in XboX Insiders
    Hello, I have been experiencing a huge problem for a few days on GamePass (PC): Hello everyone, first of all, please forgive me for writing in French and simply using Google Translate, but I'm afraid my English isn't good enough to make myself understood. For the past few...
  8. Xbox Game Bar will not work!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions. I've listed a few of my...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar will not work!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions. I've listed a few of my...: I've uninstalled / reinstalled Powershell Regedit you name it.... anyone have any ideas. submitted by /u/Curious-Mousse-1458 [link] [comments]
  9. a few months ago i bought astroneer but i never had a chance to play it i want to try it...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    a few months ago i bought astroneer but i never had a chance to play it i want to try it...: [img] a few months ago i bought astroneer but i never had a chance to play it i want to try it right now but i cant find it in my library ( i attached my receipt) please help me i really want to...
  10. My son did a few purchases for Roblox this afternoon, how long does it take for them to post?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son did a few purchases for Roblox this afternoon, how long does it take for them to post?: My son did purchases for Roblox this afternoon, how long does it take to post to his account? 13fdb9f2-e8c8-4ab1-ba33-e14b0a76af2f