Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think?

Discus and support Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm struggling a bit if I should get my 8 year old son, for Christmas, a Xbox 360 for under $200 or I see a Xbox One Lego movie edition bundle for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InertialZoo8168, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think?

So I'm struggling a bit if I should get my 8 year old son, for Christmas, a Xbox 360 for under $200 or I see a Xbox One Lego movie edition bundle for $350+ a free $50 gift card + a free $60.00 game at Best Buy this week. Should I grab this or should I
    wait till black Friday and take my chances?

Opinions needed as I'm not up on video game systems like I was in the 80's. Thanks!

:)

InertialZoo8168, Nov 2, 2015
  2. Chris123WW
    Chris123WW Guest
    Best Store to Buy a new 360 at?

looking to upgrade to a slim 250GB xbox right now. Where is the best place to buy it at? also do you think it is a good time to buy one now since the holidays are coming up? do you think they will release any more deals/bundles i should look out for?

Chris123WW, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Black Friday @ Microsoft Store

Yep, I was stupid and went out one year and it wasn't even for deals, it was for financing at Best Buy years ago. To me it's not worth the hassle of dealing with the crowds. I can understand that some people depend on these deals due to their financial
    situations, but for myself, I'd rather spend extra money avoiding wasting the time. I do all my shopping on-line and have done so the past 3 years getting some of the best deals available in what I am looking for.

This year I'll only be looking for Xbox One games, Xbox 360 games, Live or MS gift card deals, and 3D Blu-ray movie deals.

HiTechKoolAid, Nov 2, 2015
  4. pkvas
    pkvas Guest

I wouldn't buy anyone a 360 anymore don't know if it still has any upcoming new games but if it does they'll also be on the one and they'll be better on the one and with the new backwards compatibility you'll be able to play a lot of the 360 games you may
    have missed

pkvas, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Well my son doesn't play games all that much so a cheap Xbox 360 was considered. However a good deal on Xbox one is tempting. Just not sure if I should jump on this best buy deal or wait?

6. Mr Boozyhead
    Mr Boozyhead Guest
    Your son is only 8 and there is hundreds of games you can pick up cheap for the 360 whereas if you buy the One then the games will also be dearer

Although in the long run you could save yourself money by getting the One now as he'll probably want one in the future plus friends at school might have the One who he can game with if you decide to let him play online

The One seems a good price but its your call and I'm pretty sure there will be some cracking deals on the run up to Christmas

Good luck !! Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think? :)

Mr Boozyhead, Nov 2, 2015
  7. The 360 is a far better way to introduce an 8 year old to gaming. Albeit, I would personally introduce my child to such things as fishing, sports, etc.

Gaming entertainment, especially on current gen. Is taken way too seriousley.

Examples: Being banned for having to quit during an online match, or your net goes down during a match. May result in a ban. Then there is the Rep system to deal with.

Lest I forget. Always online requirment. MS had to backtrack on it, but now game developers like EA are pushing it in games like the new Need for Speed, which even though has a singleplayer mode. Still requires you to always be connected in order to play
    the game.

ElectroFlying, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest

Xbox 360 will have better games for your 8 year old son. Many games on Xbox One (and PS4) are rated M for Mature, therefore those games are not suitable for your son.

Ragnarok5000, Nov 2, 2015
  9. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Get him a 360 especially since you said he doesn't play that much.

brandiesel1, Nov 2, 2015
  10. I'd say go for the 360 for your son. Like others state there is A LOT of children's game for 360. And deals like that for XBOX ONE will always be there is someway, so even though it is temping, go for the 360 for your son.

aRagingCanadian, Nov 2, 2015
  11. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Electro Flying, those are issues an 8 year shouldn't experience if you are a responsible parent. I won't let my son play online unsupervised until he is 16 and he is 8 at the moment. He has been gaming since e was 4. He has a PS3 and a WiiU and a Wii.

brandiesel1, Nov 2, 2015
  12. Exactely brandiesel1, which is why a 'responsible parent' SHOULDN'T even consider any current gen system for, not only their child. But teenagers as well.

ElectroFlying, Nov 2, 2015
  13. Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think?

I appreciate the parent talk. I like to think I'm teaching my son right. He has a tablet, a 3ds and other means to be able to play online and he has no interest. So I'm not worried about online play at this point. He enjoys his Mindcraft, sports and star
    wars games.

My thought was if I get the xbox one he can play 360 games on it correct?? Plus now we are talking about $100-150 in price between the two which isn't bad when you consider he will grow into it. The new Star Wars game is not being released on the 360 either.
    I fear if I get him the 360 now in 2 years he will want the xbox one anyway? I just don't know. I'm not made out of money so I want to make the right call with this.

14. Now if the Xbox 360 500gb system drops under $200 then I'm in!

15. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    I'd get him a Wii U.

It's got some excellent games that your son can play alone and with you. Stuff like "Splatoon" and "Mario Kar 8" kicks the crap out of most of what's on offer on the ONE. You've got Super Mario World, Super Smash Brothers etc...

While Microsoft and Sony were finding new ways to get us to pay extra for our games... Nintendo just kept churning out great games.

Sure you'll find stuff like "Skylanders" and "Lego Dimensions" where they're trying to take you for an extra buck, and Amibos too, but it's nowhere near as insulting as the greedy "buy half the game now at full price... and then buy the rest of it at full
    price again as dlc" scams you'll find on the ONE and Four.

The console is a games console. It's not trying to be your Media Home-HUB.

You can play on it and have fun with games.

We looked at the Wii U's specs when the ONE and PS 4 launched and we laughed.

Now it would be fair to say that the Wii U owners are laughing at us.

The ONE is an expensive piece of kit. The controller is great but it's sensative. You're going to need to closely supervise your child or the controller is going to get knacked.

The ONE is a grown up's console really. If you're getting it for your son and HAVE to have something XBox get a 360. At least the controllers are robust enough to cope with juvenile play.

Otherwise the Wii U is still your best bet.

Azrael008uk, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Xbox One Deal at Best Buy now! What do you think? - Similar Threads - Deal Best Buy

2. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  3. My Minecraft microsoft problem... How do i deal with this??

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft microsoft problem... How do i deal with this??: I saw the article saying that Microsoft brought Mojang and Mojang wants all the Mojang users to be in Microsoft. I was never using a Minecraft/Mojang account I have been using a Microsoft account...
  4. After the deal with Activision and Microsoft, will there be another Guitar Hero game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After the deal with Activision and Microsoft, will there be another Guitar Hero game?: Activision and Microsoft made a deal for 69 billion dollars. And much more small companies. There was some stuff about Guitar Hero being involved about the games they were both talking about. They...
  5. help me ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks

in XBoX on Windows
    help me ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks: when I'm in an Xbox party on pc it will allow me to hear and talk to my friends but when I click off of the app, they can't hear me anymore but I can hear them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  6. Beta Ring, 2 days in a row getting mandatory SO Updates and 2 days in a row dealing with...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring, 2 days in a row getting mandatory SO Updates and 2 days in a row dealing with...: Don’t know what to do at this point, 2 days in a row getting the same error while trying to install mandatory updates. My router is next to my SX and also wired, I’ve tried different methods like...
  7. Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming: https://flexsub.shop/forget-xbox-series-x-restocks-xbox-game-pass-is-the-best-deal-in-gaming submitted by /u/amusedhearts [link] [comments]
  8. What's the best hotspot deal for Xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the best hotspot deal for Xbox live?: Why is it that the Xbox uses so much data to play a game? It seems to me that if the dreamcast could run on dial up with laptops for servers and play complex games (quake, unreal, etc.) With no...
  9. Is this currently the best X1 deal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this currently the best X1 deal?: I am looking to get the X1 before Destiny comes out in 1 month. This is currently the best deal I can find. X1 + Kinect + Forza 5 + Game of my choice (probably BF4) = $499.99. Xbox One +...
  10. Looking for the best Xbox One deal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for the best Xbox One deal: I was originally going to get the Titanfull bundle however after looking on the game website, I saw they had a great deal to get an Xbox One console, fifa 14 download, PvZ all for £400 and it got...