Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things.

Discus and support Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can join parties and play games fine, can send invites, can sign-in with no problem. However can not send a text message yet can reply if one is sent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SteampunkPagan, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things.

Can join parties and play games fine, can send invites, can sign-in with no problem. However can not send a text message yet can reply if one is sent to me, close apps/games nor turn off console.

Had to turn of by pushing the button on the console itself this started about 8 pm EST USA 01/15/16.

:)

SteampunkPagan, Jan 15, 2016
  2. NOODLEMANNY
    NOODLEMANNY Guest
    Xbox one doing weird, scary ****

So I turned on my xbox today, nothing out of the ordinary, then noticed the new EA Access app that my brother had downloaded. I though to myself "Oh, might as well try this out" clicked through to it but no dice. It kinda froze with an outline of the 'main
    box' from the home screen. Pressing the middle button brought me back to the home screen fine so I thought little of it. However when I went to start other apps they simply did nothing. Nothing started booting and not even any black screen. Uh oh, so I tried
    powering down. The console just sat there for about five minutes before I got impatient and pressed and held the power button on the console.

After I'd done a force power down obviously I tried powering it up again. At first it seemed fine giving me the xbox one logo. It then showed some little loading bubbles underneath the logo. Again I wasn't too worried about that, figured it was trying to
    sort it's self out after its breakdown. But then it gave me a black screen and stayed like that for another ten minutes. So I press the power button and after a little while it does actual go into hibernation mode.

However when I boot it up again it does a similar thing as before but then brings up the kinect configuration screen. Also at this point I realise that my controllers are unresponsive so start using hand gestures (pretty stupid that I could do that since
    I was using the thing I was supposed to be configuring), which work for a little while but then I could continue beyond the floor configuration. When I selected to continue nothing happened.

So now I'm freaking out a little. I start searching online for anyone else with similar problems, maybes it a new update, but I can't find anything that vaguely resembles my problems. So I did what any decent tech guy would do, completely turn it off, unplug
    it and walk away. Left it for maybe half an hour then started it up again. Again it came up with the little loading bubbles and then a black screen but this time after a few seconds at the black screen it actually booted up! Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things. :D

Nervously I turned on my controller to see if it would actually do anything and SUCESS, it works. I tried opening apps and it's fine and operational once more. I check to see if there were any new updates still thinking that was the culprit and low and behold
    there was one. In the process of doing a manual update now.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? Was I too impatient?

NOODLEMANNY, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Krod v2
    Krod v2 Guest
    Xbox One controller left joystick moves up on it's own

That is so weird, I just bought a new xbox one controller because my Day One edition controller thumbstick was doing the same thing. Maybe we all just play xbox was to hard? lol

Krod v2, Jan 15, 2016
  4. Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things.

Would add though maybe it is a problem with my profile but, I can not even delete and re-download it.

SteampunkPagan, Jan 15, 2016
  5. SteampunkPagan Win User

Would add though maybe it is a problem with my profile but, I can not even delete and re-download it.
  6. WyteFeather Win User

So my Xbox one is doing a weird fade to black thing on the dashboard but...

same trhing is happening to me, hope they fix it.
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Please try and carry out a console hard reset by pressing and holding the power button on front of the console for 5-10 seconds. Once the console has shut down please remove the power cord from the wall outlet for about a minute then power everything back
    up and hopefully everything should be back to normal.
  8. Leokaz Win User

Hi

Please try and carry out a console hard reset by pressing and holding the power button on front of the console for 5-10 seconds. Once the console has shut down please remove the power cord from the wall outlet for about a minute then power everything back
    up and hopefully everything should be back to normal.
    That worked. I did the hard reset before but not with the block unplugged. That made the difference. Merci!
  9. Skyrim Dragon Win User

Xbox slim making weird noises when disc is in tray and i am on dashboard?

hhhmmm weird. I turning my xbox vertically for a second. Then back to horizontal and it doesn't make the noise on dashboard anymore. I cant tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Dashboard doing weird things. - Similar Threads - Dashboard doing weird

2. How do I fix my game from timing out and dashboarding me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my game from timing out and dashboarding me?: I need help! Every once in a while, while playing mw3 it dashboards me for some odd reason during mid game or loading up. How do I get this fix asap??!! By the way I didn’t buy the disc I bought...
  3. How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?: So in the top left of the screen it shows my real name and it is honestly very annoying.. I have to play my Xbox One in a public place sometimes with strangers, so I definitely don't want them to...
  4. how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one?: I bought an Xbox 360 original model and it seems the old user didn't factory reset the console. I searched for guides on how I could update the system but they were all on the newer dashboard. and...
  5. How do I remove all the annoying additions to the dashboard?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove all the annoying additions to the dashboard?: The previous dashboard let me have only the things I wanted to see on the home screen. Now they added a whole bunch of useless/annoying sections. How do I get rid of them? I don't want the New...
  6. How do you get the old dashboard back on XBOX ONE?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you get the old dashboard back on XBOX ONE?: I really love the old dashboard but how do I get it back? submitted by /u/jacoborange437 [link] [comments]
  7. new dashboard sucks ass fr ong fr fr fr fr fr y tf do i need 32 characters

in XboX Insiders
    new dashboard sucks ass fr ong fr fr fr fr fr y tf do i need 32 characters: aigh so with the last dashboard i had an amazing elden ring screenshot and now in looks like shit since the games are smaller and lower on the screen my fucking character is in the middle of it...
  8. How do i get rid of the new Xbox Dashboard??? The orginal one was perfectly fine..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get rid of the new Xbox Dashboard??? The orginal one was perfectly fine..: The new dashboard looks ugly. Why is my screen filled with clutter??? I damand it be removed or removable. I have been an xbox live member for years (12 years), this is getting unbelivable at this...
  9. Why can't I pin my friends do my xbox dashboard anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I pin my friends do my xbox dashboard anymore?: I just wondered why I couldn't see my friends pinned on the new xbox dashboard. I could see if they are online, their latest achievements and gamerscore. Also when I go to pin a new game to the...
  10. How do I get the new dashboard????????

in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the new dashboard????????: I got the insider app and did the steps to be able to get it but don't have it. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to do something else. submitted by /u/Competitive_Deer6400 [link]...