Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

Discus and support Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by baldy jr, Dec 20, 2019.

1. baldy jr
    baldy jr Guest

I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too..

Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a cycle of:

- The screen image distorting

- The screen going completely blue from anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds

-The screen coming back on for just a second or two before it repeats again.

This problem then continues until I turn the xbox off completely.

Nothing at all has worked and I have run out of options.

I've tried factory resets, power cycling, deleting and redownloading both the app and all accounts on the console.

Nothing works.

If anyone has any new ideas I would love to hear them..

Thank you for your time

:)

baldy jr, Dec 20, 2019
  2. baldy jr Win User

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

To answer all in one:

XA JJKILLERs -

I'm pretty certain it's not a Netflix service issue as it happens with the Film & TV app too, and simply closing those apps doesn't solve it, only rebooting does

Ironwilled -

I have tried it around 8 times in a row in one sitting, each time required a reboot to get the looping crash to stop

Curr946@ -

I like the out of the box idea, but I checked and unfortunately all of the parental controls are off
  3. Curr946@ Win User

Hey, bit of a wild card here, but have you checked your parental settings?
  4. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

Some apps are just buggy so you just have to keep trying until it works or use a different app.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Thanks very much for letting me know, but it's not the service that's the issue as it was doing this for the first time a few weeks ago..

I had never used my xbox to download or stream films before then, and it's that attempting to open the app sends the console onto a loop of losing the video signal until its turned off.
    Netflix has had off and on problems for about a month same for youtube at times
  6. baldy jr Win User

Thanks very much for letting me know, but it's not the service that's the issue as it was doing this for the first time a few weeks ago..

I had never used my xbox to download or stream films before then, and it's that attempting to open the app sends the console onto a loop of losing the video signal until its turned off.
Thema:

1. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix - Similar Threads - crashes trying watch

2. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  3. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  4. My PC keeps crashing when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC keeps crashing when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: I recently replaced my RTX 3080 with a 4080 Super, and it works fine with other games, except sometimes when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I ran into an error on Hogwarts Legacy a...
  5. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  6. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  7. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  8. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...
  9. My avionics stopped working and now my game crashes when trying to fly 787

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My avionics stopped working and now my game crashes when trying to fly 787: Help I’m not sure how to fix. 59b7fac9-5712-4e9c-9bff-4a56a1812698
  10. Xbox app crashing when trying to download capture.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app crashing when trying to download capture.: I'm trying to download multiple captures from the Xbox network onto my Moto G stylus. I've successfully downloaded nearly 60 Gigabytes worth of footage and only now have I ran into a problem, I...