Xbox One controllers hyper-sensitive in OS only, fine in games

Discus and support Xbox One controllers hyper-sensitive in OS only, fine in games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have 4 Xbox One controllers (two black, two white) that are all hyper-sensitive to any inputs while on the home screen or any other OS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BjörnRadtke, Aug 10, 2019.

1. BjörnRadtke
    BjörnRadtke Guest

Hi everyone,

I have 4 Xbox One controllers (two black, two white) that are all hyper-sensitive to any inputs while on the home screen or any other OS screen, but are fine in game.

This goes for the sticks, D-pads, A, B, X, Y, bumpers and triggers - all are hyper sensitive. Only the center buttons appear to be (menu, guide, etc) not be affected by this.

This hyper-sensitivity only occurs in the main Xbox menus (scrolling, button presses for accept or back) or any overlays from the OS (such as when entering passwords). As soon as a game is started up, navigation and input are just fine (Fortnite, Minecraft
    - all text input is read properly with a single press and items are only scrolled by one).

As it started happening with all 4 controllers at the same time, I doubt that all 4 of them malfunctioned and broke on the same day.

Thanks in advance for any fix suggestions.

:)

BjörnRadtke, Aug 10, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The first thing to check is Xbox Operating System latest OS is the same on all consoles.

Have you updated the controller firmware? Settings>Kinect+Devices
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there BjörnRadtke,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, If you have not already power cycled the console go ahead and

Physically Power Cycle
    then give it another try.

If the issue persists I would advise performing a Factory Reset and Keeping Games and Apps then checking it out. You can follow the guide below to reset the console.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:
    1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

If you've reached a point where a replacement controller is needed, you can try reverting the firmware on the controller as a last step before requesting a replacement. For help reverting your controller firmware, go to: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-firmware-reversion

For more details and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

I hope this helps.
  5. xPsycoticBreakx Win User

Do you like the new controller?

I really like the new controller, it is very hyper sensitive in comparisson to the 360,there are deadzone sttings for the controller in forza 5,but its about time they made a controller that matches the professional tornament legal controllers.I just hope
    it lasts,because to be fair,the 360 pad really did have durability issues,im sure plenty can relate to having a COD,GEARS,HALO only controller,it will be interesting how much it can stand playing driving games and fighting games.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Xbox one: the one feature that nobody seems to be talking about

From Paul Thurott's site:

Microsoft made a point of describing the Xbox One’s operating system as “three OSes in one,” diving down a rabbit hole that has unnecessarily confused people in and out of the press. But the OS is just Windows, and I really think they are describing
    it in this way to both over-emphasize the technical achievements that are occurring at a low level and, frankly, to distance this device from the poor reception to Windows 8. Folks, this thing just runs a modified version of Windows 8. And I can prove it.

Here’s how: It’s using Hyper-V. This is Microsoft’s virtualization platform and---wait for it—it runs only on Windows, Windows 8 in this case. (The standalone Hyper-V product is of course just the parts of Windows needed by the virtualization platform.)
    Microsoft’s description of this “three OSes in one” is no different than the way you could describe a Windows 8 PC that had a VM running in Hyper-V; that too is arguably three OSes on one: Windows 8, Hyper-V, and the VM OS. But on the Xbox, what we see is
    “the best of [the] Xbox OS with deeper access to the hardware, the kernel of Windows (i.e. Windows), and some unnamed glue (Hyper-V) which “connects them, providing instant switching, multitasking” and so on. This is a Hyper-V system. It’s Windows.

There are questions of course. Will this Windows base provides some form of app compatibility with Windows 8/RT, which would be a huge boon to developers? And will it provide some form of device compatibility, which would dramatically enhance the versatility
    of the console? We’ll have to wait and see.

Can't wait to try it out for myself.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controllers hyper-sensitive in OS only, fine in games - Similar Threads - controllers hyper sensitive

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.: All of a sudden my controller is hyper sensitive in both the xbox home and in game. All directional buttons and sticks. Ive power cycled everything, checked for updates and scoured forums. I can...