Xbox One Controller works on PC wired but not with Wireless Adapter

Discus and support Xbox One Controller works on PC wired but not with Wireless Adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an issue with one of my four Xbox One controllers on my Windows 10 PC. I have purchased the official Xbox One Wireless Adapter (XOWA) for PC.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IncrediBurch, Jan 24, 2016.

1. IncrediBurch
    IncrediBurch Guest

I have an issue with one of my four Xbox One controllers on my Windows 10 PC. I have purchased the official Xbox One Wireless Adapter (XOWA) for PC.

3 of my 4 Xbox One controllers work fine when connected to my computer by USB or through the XOWA. However, one of them only works wired to the PC. It can be detected by and connected to the XOWA, but most games won't recognize it. When a game does recognize
    it, it has the issue where the triggers don't register.

The problem controller in question didn't work while wired previously, exhibiting the same behavior where the triggers don't work or the game doesn't recognize the controller. I was able to fix the issue while the controller is wired by using Device Manager
    to assign the correct driver to it. However, the issue persists when connected wirelessly to the XOWA.

The 3 controllers that work fine are as follows:

Standard Black Model 1537

Titanfall limited edition Model 1537

Halo 5 Master Chief limited edition Model 1697

The 1 controller that is having issues is a Standard Black Model 1697. It came with my 1TB model Xbox One console.

All controllers have their firmware up to date.

I have tried using each controller individually, and while all 4 are paired to the XOWA simultaneously. The 3 controllers work every time, while the other continues to be faulty. I have tried the controller on multiple PC games to confirm the issue. The
    controller exhibits no issues while connected to the Xbox One console.

The problem controller will work wired while the other 3 are connected to the XOWA.

My XOWA is using driver 19.29.20.953. I've tried using the driver 21.34.54.237, but the XOWA stops working when that driver is installed and I have to switch back to make it work.

Since I was able to fix the issue while wired by doing a driver change, is there a way to choose what controller driver the XOWA is using for individually connected controllers? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

:)

IncrediBurch, Jan 24, 2016
  2. Xbox 360 wired controller connected but not working on Windows 10

Hello there.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers only work on PC with the Xbox 360 Wireless PC adapter, they don't work via they Play & Charge cable. Even when you use the cable with an Xbox 360, the controller still uses the Wireless to function and the cable simply provides
    power.

If you'd like to use a 360 pad with a PC, you either need a wired one, or you'll need one of these:

Xbox 360 Wireless PC adapter.

Alternatively, you can use an Xbox One controller. With those, you can connect as you are with a USB cable, or you can connect via Bluetooth (If you have one of the newer controllers which have a rough texture on the back of the hand grips) or with an Xbox
    One Wireless PC adapter.

Skeeter Quill, Jan 24, 2016
  3. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Windows 10

Was it the official Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller? For the Xbox 360 wireless controller, an adapter is required. For Xbox One, the original Xbox One controller will only work when wired. For the One S controller, you can connect it via bluetooth.

MerlinKM, Jan 24, 2016
  4. SpecArek
    SpecArek Guest

Could you check channels' assignment on all your controllers?

In my configuration issue follows the highest used channel number, not a controller.

For example:

- Standard Black Model 1537 (channel 2) works

- Titanfall limited edition Model 1537 (channel 3) works

- Halo 5 Master Chief limited edition Model 1697 (channel 4) works

- Standard Black Model 1697 (channel 5) doesn't work

Then try to reinstall XOWA and connect controllers in different order (ie connect Model 1697 as first) - this will show if it is particular controller model issue or adapter/driver issue.

Check channels' assignment again and verify which controllers work.

There are several topics related to multiple controllers configuration with XOWA.

Maybe we will find common issue and finally it will be fixed by MS.

SpecArek, Jan 24, 2016
  5. IncrediBurch
    IncrediBurch Guest
    I don't know how to check channels, but I'd be happy to double check if you tell me.

I did follow the rest of your advice though. I uninstalled the XOWA, then reconnected it and let the drivers finish installing. Then, I restarted my PC. I paired the problem controller first to the XOWA and checked with a game. The controller was automatically
    detected and worked without issue.

I proceeded to connect the rest of my controllers until all 4 were connected simultaneously. I tried a game that detected all 4 controllers, and all 4 were recognized, working as intended.

I'm not sure what may have been the issue. I could try uninstalling my XOWA again and reconnecting them all in the original order to see if the issue happens again.

The issue is gone for now.

IncrediBurch, Jan 26, 2016
  6. SpecArek
    SpecArek Guest
    Device manager --> XINPUT compatible HID device --> Properties -->Details --> Bus numer

After XOWA installation and first controller (Pad A) connection it has value 2.

Next controller (Pad B) have value 3 and so on.

This value is increased each time you connect controller, so after Pad A disconnection and reconnection, Pad A will will have value 4.

As long as connection order fixed your situation this track is an dead end - no corelation between bus numer and controller issue.

My situation is like that:

Controller A (Model 1697) connected on bus 2 works.

Controller B (Model 1697) connected on bus 3 doesn't work.

A disconnected - B still doesn't work.

B disconnected and reconnected on bus 4 - B works.

A connected on bus 5 - A doesn't work.

And so on.

Tested with XOWA drivers:

21.50.45.656 (default selected by Windows)

Strange, because last one has greater version number than official driver.

All non standard versions taken from:
    drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php

None of listed works.

SpecArek, Jan 27, 2016
  7. Guys...., Just wanna sharing...

i have either can not connect my Xbox One Controller to WIN 10_64bit

I get Frustated also..

but i got Fixed it now !!!

Hope this Helps you all

www.techspot.com/.../17648

thanks alot TECHSPOT !!

ps : Uninstall 1st , then Re Install

REGARDS

WaryAphid226951, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???

You would have to get a USB version or Wireless with adapter controller to work on PC. The one I use is an Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox Once on my PC.
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  10. Tezzerrific Win User

XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

for a headset to work through the xbox controller on pc it (the controller) has to be wired or using the xbox wireless adapter, audio passthrough is not supported via bluetooth.
  11. Sanana94 Win User

WINDOWS XBOX 360 CONTROLLER

Hello there.

Wireless controllers won't work with Windows PCs unless you have an Xbox 360 wireless adapter for PC (it's quite cheap on websites like amazon).

If you have a WIRED controller then make sure you have the latest drivers.

Wireless controllers + Play n Charge kit cable are not to be considered wired and will need a wireless adapter to work.

Follow this guide for more information.
  12. StuartATrueRed Win User

Using windows controllers to control Xbox one

If your controllers are wireless, then you are going to need the Xbox 360 wireless adapter for PC to be able to connect the controller to the PC. https://bit.ly/3zldL21

If it's wired, then just plugging the controllers into the PC via the USB socket should work fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller works on PC wired but not with Wireless Adapter - Similar Threads - Controller works wired

2. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  3. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

in XboX Insiders
    Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other: One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work with my headset plugged in. I've tried cleaning...
  4. Wired controller working but not responding

in XboX Insiders
    Wired controller working but not responding: I'm trying to get my controller connected to my Xbox but it's not working when I plug it in it doesn't turn on but when I hold a button in the back of the controller it turns on but the little...
  5. My new wired controller isn't working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new wired controller isn't working.: When I plug my controller in it vibrates, but it won't turn on. Yesterday it started to only connect when the chord was in a certain position, but now it won't turn on at all. I've tried using...
  6. Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?: My parents bought me a Xbox certificated wired controller for Christmas,i was excited to get on the get game and talk to my friends. I plugged my mic port in and started to talk but my mic was...
  7. 2nd wired controller won't work in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd wired controller won't work in game.: Hp pc trying to play split screen rocket league. Have 2 wired easysmx controllers. Both work independently. Both also sort of work simultaneously. The 2nd controller will work until we get in...
  8. How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...: First off, when I use the joycons in game, the left joystick doesn't work. The wired controller works fine But when I try to play a two player game like it takes two with both devices connected,...
  9. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  10. My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games: When I try play a game called rust with my new controller my lt and rt buttons do not do anything but everything else does and it used to work on my old controller. This controller also works on...