Xbox One controller won't reconnect to adapter.

Discus and support Xbox One controller won't reconnect to adapter. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So when they first came out, I got the Xbox One Controller PC adapter. I was glad to finally be able to play games on PC with my Xbox One controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dorraj, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Dorraj
    Dorraj Guest

So when they first came out, I got the Xbox One Controller PC adapter. I was glad to finally be able to play games on PC with my Xbox One controller without a stupid wire. Now, in recent times, it barely works, and I think Microsoft broke it. After the most
    recent big update to Windows 10, 1803 in May, it's been buggy as all hell. First, after wanting to use my controller with it, it just wouldn't connect. At all. I would try to hold the buttons, it'd connect, then poof, the controller just turns off. Nothing
    worked. Until I found a post telling me to uninstall the drivers for the adapter, and to restart and re-plug in the adapter. It reinstalled the drivers, and it worked fine. Until now, again. Now, it works when it connects, no problem. But after some time,
    the controller turns itself off. Ok, no problem. But when I turn it back on, it does that same thing, where it connects, and just shuts off. It will keep doing this. Until I restart my computer. Then it works again. Until it shuts off again. So if I'm playing
    a game, turn it off, watch YouTube for an hour, and want to start playing again with the controller, it wont work. I'll have to restart my computer. Every. Time. Why? What is this state of the adapter and why is it broken now? Is there some setting I can turn
    off that stops it from reconnecting?

:)

Dorraj, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Toru3.1415
    Toru3.1415 Guest
    xbox controller won't reconnect

Hey there

My controller won't reconnect after a disconnect. I tried moving closer to the adapter what didn't solve the issue.

The controller only reconnects after I unplug the adapter from the PC and plug it in again.

I use the controller for mainly Controller Companion and for gaming from time to time. The line of site should be ok, I tried moving the adapter to different places and heights.

I'm using Driver version: 21.50.45.656

Hope there is someone who can help me.

Toru3.1415, Jul 17, 2018
  3. brydog23
    brydog23 Guest
    Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

hello, I seem to be having a problem with my xbox one controller lately. Different actions caused the same problem to happen over and over again.as I was playing with a friend, with a battery pack in my controller, it said the battery was low. So when I
    go to connect the USB cable to the Xbox one controller it disconnects and give me a message on the console saying "press A to reconnect" . But when I go to press A to reconnect controller it never reconnect to the console even if the controller says its connected,
    nothing happens.even if I take out the battery pack and replace it with normal double A batteriesthe controllers still won't connect back to the console properly resulting in me having to turn off my console and putting it back up again. The controller will
    reconnect to the console no problem, but as soon as it becomes disconnected again, for any reason, it won't reconnect when I try to sync it back up to the console.

I've tried updating the firmware on the controller and the Xbox one stereo headset, but to no avail. Also, when I try to disconnect and reconnect a headset to the Xbox one controller through the stereo adapter, the headphones wont turn on.

this problem has caused me to quit out of a playing session with another friend multiple times in the matter of an hour. I:d like to knowif this is an issue with the controller, my xbox hardware, or the most recent software update for either the console
    or the controller. Any advice would be of great help. Thanks!

brydog23, Jul 17, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Jul 17, 2018
  5. Dorraj
    Dorraj Guest
    Dorraj, Jul 19, 2018
  6. RickVonHard
    RickVonHard Guest
    Are you still having this problem or have you solved it, because I have the same problem!!!! I realized it became like that after I updated to the las version of Windows 10.

The only solution for me is to restart my PC. I'm trying to locate the service in the task manager to restart it but I don't know its name.

RickVonHard, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: