Xbox One controller won't connect with Samsung S8.

Discus and support Xbox One controller won't connect with Samsung S8. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I try to connect my wireless Xbox One (using wired mode for PC) controller with the USB OTG adapter that came with the phone, my phone vibrates... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tauroplax, May 21, 2018.

1. Tauroplax
    Tauroplax Guest

When I try to connect my wireless Xbox One (using wired mode for PC) controller with the USB OTG adapter that came with the phone, my phone vibrates only and charges the controller rather than connecting it as a controller. When
    I change the USB settings to use an input device, the phone disconnects the controller then reconnects it to charge it. I am using a Galaxy S8.

What I have:

• Samsung S8 (SM-G950F);
    • Android 8.0.0; Samsung experience: 9.0.0; firmware: G950FXXU1CRD7/ G950FOXM1CRD5/ G950FXXU1CRD1
    • Samsung adapter (usb A to usb c) that came with the box
    • Xbox one controller wireless (wired for pc); Model: 1537
    Notes:

• The adapter works fine, plugged a mouse and usb flashdrive and it works.
    • Xbox controller is updated to latest firmware and works fine on the pc.
    • My nephew uses a xbox one controller with the same model number and it works with Samsung S9. He can play games with it.

Could anyone help me to get the controller work with my Samung s8?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Tauroplax, May 21, 2018
  2. malibert1
    malibert1 Guest
    XBOX One and Samsung Smart TV

Just got a Samsung Smart TV. Streaming quality on Netflix or HBO Go through the XBox One is terrible. The Smart TV thinks it is connected wirelessly because there is no direct network cable connection to the tv, just an HDMI connection from the XBox One.
    It won't let me select a wired option.

How are others connecting the XBox One to a Samsung Smart TV to get usable streaming features.

XBox Support - please do not tell me this is simply a Samsung issue and to contact them, the One was designed to be a central entertainment hub and needs to communicate with televisions to perform this role.

Thanks

malibert1, May 21, 2018
  3. nithyamgm
    nithyamgm Guest
    Daily challenges in solitaire not working

hi kellogg,

I am using samsung s8+. I tried to uninstall and then installed it again, which tben asked asked me to sign in. I did everything u said, but still there is no change

nithyamgm, May 21, 2018
  4. Yombi Win User

Why is the Xbox App Still Broken After All These Years?!

It works for me just fine on Samsung S8.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Cable Micro USB Blackberry para mando Xbox One de PUBG en PC [Translation-Blackberry Micro USB cable for Xbox One control from PUBG on PC]

Hi,

As long as your cable is a USB to micro USB it will work. Most older phones like Blackberry or Samsung smartphones prior to the S8 (S8 and above are USB-C) use Micro USB cables for charging and data transfer. Although these cables are
    quite short, they will work on an Xbox One controller to make said controller wired.

Any cables you either already have or are preparing to buy that are Micro USB will work on your Xbox One controller on both PC and Xbox One.

Translation:

Hola,

Mientras su cable sea un USB a micro USB, funcionará. La mayoría de los teléfonos antiguos como los teléfonos inteligentes Blackberry o Samsung anteriores al S8 (S8 y superior son USB-C) utilizan cables Micro USB para cargar y transferir datos. Aunque estos
    cables son bastante cortos, funcionarán en un controlador Xbox One para hacer que dicho controlador esté conectado.

Cualquier cable que ya tenga o se esté preparando para comprar que sea Micro USB funcionará en su controlador Xbox One tanto en la PC como en la Xbox One.
  6. renegadeninja real Win User

Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate?

All has been checked down the list. 873mbps

But yet remote playing on a Samsung s8+ the streaming quality is still horrible for 2023.
  7. FC123FC Win User

Minecraft App on Samsung Tablet no longer working

i have the same problem "cannot install minecraft on my samsung galaxy tab s8+"
    at end of installing process its pop up an error saying"Can't install minecraft"
    screenshoot attached
  8. nithyamgm Win User

Daily challenges in solitaire not working

hi kellogg,

I am using samsung s8+. I tried to uninstall and then installed it again, which tben asked asked me to sign in. I did everything u said, but still there is no change
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller won't connect with Samsung S8. - Similar Threads - controller won't connect

2. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  5. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  6. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  7. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  8. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  10. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect xbox controller to galaxy s8

2. xbox controller wont connect via wired cable samsung s8