Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect.

Discus and support Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been send a second controller twice, neither works. I've chated for hours yesterday with somebody and was told it's the wireless adapter the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mattythe kookie, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect.

I've been send a second controller twice, neither works. I've chated for hours yesterday with somebody and was told it's the wireless adapter the problem, The controller problem is ; The adapter is blinking and I can see it under bluetooth BUT, my controller refuse to connect anymore. These is no '' light '' that connect like before. It was working fine the morning before. I did nothing, no updates, nothing. I did everything the tchat support told me to and they said nothing they can do anymore because they think the issue is the adapter. Please... I have wasted so much money for this controller and it stopped working after a few.. it saddens me. Thnank you so much for those who wish to help, Je parle Français aussi au cas ou !

:)

mattythe kookie, Jul 3, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Hi

- There was 3 versions of the controller right ? Does they all work on w7 (x64) ?

They will all work, but only with a wired connection. Bluetooth is not supported for Windows 7 nor is the Wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller unfortunately.

- Can we play wireless on w7 or it just works with the wire ? Heard that you could play wireless with the
    OLD microsoft wireless adaptator (the usb key for xbox controller) but not the new adaptator wich is specific to windows 10.

See previous answer. As for an older Adapter, I'm not aware of such a device. I'm pretty sure all adapters only support Windows 10.

- Would like to buy the RED xbox one controller, does it have a software difference with classic xbox one controller and for some reasons it only work on w10 or it's just a color change ?

All Xbox One controllers will work with Windows 10, but only via a wired connection.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Adapter for Windows not connecting

Hi PC,

Thanks for updating us with your reply! The smallish button that is on the front of the controller is the "bind" or "sync" button that is used to wirelessly connect the controller to your console or, in this case, your PC via the wireless adapter. You may
    find the information contained in the following support articles helpful in troubleshooting any syncing issues you've been experiencing:

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

In regard to your other issue about one adapter working and the other giving you trouble, you may benefit from

performing a clean boot to your Windows 10 PC
    and then
    running the app troubleshooter on your Xbox Accessories app
    . This has a tendency to cure a few ills with things. You'll also want to ensure that your controller is updated and this may be done in the Xbox Accessories app while the controller is connected
    to the PC on a wired connection (cannot be done via Bluetooth or other wireless connection). How to update your Xbox
    One Controller on Windows 10

Give the troubleshooting a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  5. Bayroxis Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Thanks for your answer, would like it to wireless but I can handle it :)

Does all xbox one controller have an usb C port to be connected or some are wireless only ? (Sorry about all these questions but never had an xbox one controller between my hand)

And I found 2 link on microsoft website about wireless connexion here they are, but in french (i'm on phone can't find them in English) but here's the translation of interesting parts :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-BE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-compatibility

"The wireless adaptator for windows 10 has been made to be used on windows 10 only. The old wireless adaptator xbox for windows works on device running windows 10, windows 8.1 and windows 7. "

That's where I heard about the "old adaptator"

And I just found this link :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

This is line 1, 2 and 3 of the table :

"Fonctionality : usb wired connexion : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows 10 : works on windows 10, doesn't work on windows 7."

So seems like there is 2 wireless adaptator and one of them seems to work on windows 7 but they don't precise if it's for xbow one or 360...sigh now you understand why i'm so lost, 3 versions of the controller, 2 different adaptator, many software update...I
    know the best is to switch to W10 but I never had a single problem on w7 and would like to keep it as long as possible.

Thanks again !
  6. schnurren Win User

我的xbox无线适配器无法和xbox one手柄连接 I can't connect the xbox one wireless controller with the wireless adapter

Hello ziyiJiang,

Are you using Windows 10? If you are, Windows 10 should recognise the wireless adapter directly. Is the adapter the original one from Microsoft or a third party one?

In case is the official one, follow the instructions described in this url : https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc

In case it doesn't work, maybe the adapter is malfunctioning. You should take it to the shop and get it changed for a working one.
Thema:

Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect.

1. Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect. - Similar Threads - controller wireless adapter

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  4. wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter: (win 10) xbox controller series x|s (or xbox one? it's the one with the round clicky d-pad and the grippy rough texture. it says this (with line breaks instead of semicolons) on the box: xbox...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  7. Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?: Hello, I have a question about a specific product, which is the Xbox Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows. here is a link to it: https://amzn.eu/d/7Y7yRWK is the included wireless...
  8. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers: The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active controller disconnects, then I take another one, and...
  10. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...: I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the...