Xbox One Controller Wireless PC adapter shows up as ethernet connection with no internet ...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Wireless PC adapter shows up as ethernet connection with no internet ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing issue with me but since I just recently purchased Forza Horizon 4 with intentions of playing primary on PC, I can no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sean44, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Sean44
    Sean44 Guest

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC adapter shows up as ethernet connection with no internet ...

This has been an ongoing issue with me but since I just recently purchased Forza Horizon 4 with intentions of playing primary on PC, I can no longer deal with this happening. Whenever I have the xbox one controller wireless adapter for PC plugged into
    my pc, every few minutes I will lose connection to the internet. It took me a long time to notice that while this is occurring, if I click on the network icon in the taskbar, it will show me as connected to "ethernet 3" with no internet access. If I open up
    network adapters, ethernet 3 and its MAC address belong to the xbox one controller wireless adapter. So essentially, my Windows 10 pc keeps thinking the xbox one wireless adapter is an ethernet adapter and will disconnect me from my primary ethernet connection
    to try and use it. This will happen repeatedly until I unplug the xbox wireless adapter. This is extremely frustrating and hope someone has also dealt with this and knows how to fix it. Before microsoft copy/paste spams me to uninstall the driver and reinstall
    it for the xbox controller wireless adapter, I have already done that no less than 5 times.

:)

Sean44, Sep 28, 2018
  2. SKYDEVIL66
    SKYDEVIL66 Guest
    Cannot use wireless adapter it shows ethernet cable connected

I cannot use wireless adapter on Xbox 360 Slim. I get this message:

Your console has an ethernet cable and an Xbox 360 wireless Networking Adapter connected. Only the ethernet connection will be used. To use your wireless adapter, disconnect the Ethernet cable.

I have no ethernet cable connected. This problem started on Friday 5/24/2013. I had no problems connecting via wireless up until that point.

I have not changed modem or router.

Solutions anyone?

SKYDEVIL66, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Xbox One Wireless Adapter Shows Up As Ethernet

Hello.

I am using the Xbox One Wireless Adapter with my Windows 10 machine.

On the taskbar, I click the networking icon and it shows as Ethernet 3 with no Internet.

I am currently connected to an ethernet network that provides internet.

How do I get the "Ethernet 3" to go away?

It's the only one that shows up, so I'd like to see my actual internet network there in case something is wrong with it.

I can't even rename is in the registry, so my default reaction is "Oh, did something happen to my internet?"

It's annoying.

I know controllers use radio boradcasting, but it's weird that the adapter is showing up as an ethernet connection at all, let alone the top priority one.

Why can't I do anything at all with this?

Moved from: Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

naptimeshadows, Sep 28, 2018
  4. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest

Hi,

Does your pc have a build-in bluetooth device ?

If so, try pairing the controller with bluetooth.

PetryBosch, Sep 28, 2018
  5. Sean44
    Sean44 Guest
    I have two xbox one controllers but neither of them support the direct bluetooth connection since its a relatively new controller feature.

Sean44, Sep 29, 2018
  6. Sean44
    Sean44 Guest
    Thanks for the help Microsoft.

Sean44, Sep 29, 2018
  7. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Sean

Sorry about the issue with the adapter. You can try out this guide see if this helps at all

troubleshoot wireless adapter. Please let us know if it helps.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Oct 3, 2018
  8. Sean44
    Sean44 Guest

These fixes don't help and dontd even describe the issues I am having with my controller wireless adapter. I have tried removing the the driver and reinstalling multiple times, but the controller adapter still shows up as a network adapter and disconnects
    me from my primary network adapter at least once a minute.

Sean44, Oct 3, 2018
  9. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    Hello Sean,

We understand that the Wireless Adapter is reading inaccurately on the PC.

A suggestion here, uninstall the drivers for the wireless controller adapter, and move/plug the adapter into a different USB connection, i.e. if connected to the back of a tower, connect to the front of the tower and then reinstall the drivers.

Give this a shot and let us know if this works, please get back to us with the results.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Oct 3, 2018
  10. gobi42
    gobi42 Guest
    this did not work for me, still having the same issue as the OP.

gobi42, Nov 14, 2018
  11. Sean44
    Sean44 Guest
    Same. This issue has remained unresolved for some time and no amount of removing drivers and reinstalling ever fixes the issue.

Sean44, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: