xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting

Discus and support xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is there a clear solution to this issue? i'm using Win10 with a Xbox Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Controller the issue is there for years now and to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PonyJohnny, Jul 24, 2023.

1. PonyJohnny
    PonyJohnny Guest

is there a clear solution to this issue?

i'm using Win10 with a Xbox Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Controller

the issue is there for years now and to my knowledge it's never really been resolved to this day

long story short, after using it for some time with no problem, suddenly on a new power on the controller connects to the receiver and turns off after several LED blinks, it can be bypassed by rebooting the PC every time or updating the firmware of the controller, BUT here comes the new, bigger issue - after updating the firmware, controller tries to freeze the whole system and it is not just me and not just Win10, people playing on Xbox One are having the same exact issue, and the solution is - downgrading the firmware to have the blinking death of it again (not to mention there is no downgrading option without some hacking around on Win10)

P.S. wiring the controller with a usb cable fixes it too, but what's the point of it being wireless in the first place?

:)

PonyJohnny, Jul 24, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: