Xbox One Controller stop all USB ports

Discus and support Xbox One Controller stop all USB ports in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! I have an Xbox One Controller, and I was able to use it earlier on Windwos 8.1. I was updated my desctop PC to Windows 10, and when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by effelton, Feb 12, 2016.

1. effelton
    effelton Guest

Hi Everyone!

I have an Xbox One Controller, and I was able to use it earlier on Windwos 8.1. I was updated my desctop PC to Windows 10, and when I connected the controller, that is "kill" my all USB ports. When I open the device manager, I see an error sing next to the
    VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) line. If I disconnected the controller, and reboot my computer, all USB ports work fine.

When I double click on VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) I see this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has problems [Code 43]

The device is not turned on

Device PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3432&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_03\4&1828e751&0&00E4 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usbxhci.inf

Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Service: USBXHCI

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x15

Problem Status: 0x0

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

effelton, Feb 12, 2016
  2. DominumStige
    DominumStige Guest
    Xbox shutting off when I plug my controller into any of the USB port

Hi!

Have you tried all the USB ports on the console? The problem can be caused by a single USB port. Also (with batteries or in W10) check that the controller is

up to date

DominumStige, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Missing Lenk
    Missing Lenk Guest
    turned off console with controller and now wont work

There are three ways to connect your controller with your xbox. you can

1.) Enroll the controller using the console’s connect button

2.) Enroll the controller using Kinect

3.)Enroll the controller using a USB to micro-USB cable

All of the steps to peform each can be found
    HERE

Have you tried all of those options (even the USB one. even a phone charger with micro USB to a USB port will work)

Missing Lenk, Feb 12, 2016
  4. effelton
    effelton Guest

[SOLVED]

I showed this error message to my expert collegue, and he find the solution on VIAs website. If you download this driver, the controller will works fine.

www.via-labs.com/.../VIA_XHCI_Driver_V4.90A_AP.zip

Windows 10 64bit

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H motherboard with VL80x xHCI USB 3.0 Controller

effelton, Feb 15, 2016
  5. effelton Win User

[SOLVED]

I showed this error message to my expert collegue, and he find the solution on VIAs website. If you download this driver, the controller will works fine.

www.via-labs.com/.../VIA_XHCI_Driver_V4.90A_AP.zip

Windows 10 64bit

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H motherboard with VL80x xHCI USB 3.0 Controller
  6. coalcell Win User

Xbox 360 controller causing whine in headphones.

Internet Expert it was the positioning of the USB port and the Audio port. I plugged the controller into the back USB port and the whine stopped while the controller works fine. Thanks!
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 1 controller not connecting to PC

Hi,

What battery are you referring to? Are they actually re-chargeable?

The Xbox One controller should work on a PC while wired with or without a battery. If no battery is present, the USB port itself will power the controller.

As for ports, it won't matter what port you use. While there are indeed different types of USB ports, the Xbox One controller will work on any USB A port as it only needs USB 2.0 which have been standard for over 15 years now. All USB ports are backwards
    compatible with previous versions.

There could be an issue with your controller cable. Have you tried a different one? For the controller to function when wired the cable must be able to send and receive data. Any USB to Micro USB cable rated as a 'Sync and charge' will work with the Xbox
    One controller. Other than that the port on the controller could be damaged.
  8. gds1972 Win User

Wired controllers XBOX ONE X

Hi

The Xbox One X supports the same controllers as the Xbox One. I believe all official Xbox One controllers are wireless however they all have a micro USB port to allow it to be connected to the console via a USB cable. Additionally
    there are are some wired 3rd party controllers also available.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox controller unable to connect to Windows 10

Have you checked to see if your computer has all the latest Windows Updates? That may be required for the controller to work correctly.

Also, please try another USB port and another USB bus - such as using USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0 and using a port on the back of the PC instead of the front.

Please see this page for troubleshooting tips:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/controllers/wireless-controller-solution
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller stop all USB ports - Similar Threads - Controller stop USB

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. controller stop functioning after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller stop functioning after few minutes: I recently purchased an Xbox Series X|S controller for PC gaming. Unfortunately, today the battery leaked, causing my hands to get oily. I disposed of the batteries, and now I'm attempting to use...
  5. Controller stops working in COD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops working in COD: Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69
  6. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  7. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  10. My xbox controller wont stop flashing slowly , i have tried evrythjng it will not conect to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller wont stop flashing slowly , i have tried evrythjng it will not conect to...: My xbox controler will not stop slowly flashing evry time i turn it on , it will not connect to anything . Please hlp me 4ac8e49d-5371-4c3d-8b27-c7352e1d0597