Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andy Chitkara, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it immediately. What is the fix for this problem?

Info :

Windows 11

Xbox One Controller (Came with Xbox One S console)

I use wireless USB Bluetooth

:)

Andy Chitkara, Jun 17, 2024
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

XBOX Wireless adapter for windows

Hello there,

This sounds like a familiar problem I had with one of my controllers a while ago. I found that the connection with the wireless adapter was much more reliable.

I recommend you have the PC forget the bluetooth connection with the controller, and have the controller depend only on the connection with the wireless adapter. When you disconnect the controller from the PC, it's possible that it will blink as though it is not connected to anything--this is okay.

Just reconnect to the wireless adapter only, without going through the bluetooth settings on your PC, by:

1. Press and hold the connection button on your controller until the Nexus button blinks rapidly
    2. Press and hold the wireless adapter's connection button until the indicator light on it blinks rapidly
    3. Wait a few seconds for the controller and adapter to find each other, and for the blinking to slow down and stop, indicating a successful connection
    Best of luck, and stay safe! If this doesn't work for you, let us know.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

Hi Keith, There are two ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC: with a USB cable or via Bluetooth.

Connect with a USB cable

Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on your Xbox controller.

The controller should automatically connect to your PC.

Connect via Bluetooth

Make sure your Xbox controller and PC have Bluetooth.
    Activate Bluetooth on your PC.

Press and hold the pairing button on the Xbox controller for 3 seconds.

The controller should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your PC.

Select the Xbox controller from the list and click "Connect."

Let me know if the information is still useful.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. REN AERO Win User

Xbox One Controller won't turn on

Dear
    Meister Mike

Check this link

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/connect-xbox-one-controller-pc/

Option 3: Use Bluetooth. You can only use Bluetooth to connect a controller to Windows 10. You must have the newer model of Xbox One controller.

Enable Bluetooth on your PC
    (Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices), then press and hold the
    Bind button on your controller for a few seconds to put it into pairing mode.

Note that after you connect your controller to a PC, you’ll need to re-pair it with your Xbox next time you use it. You can connect the controller to your Xbox using a USB cable and press the
    Xbox button to pair.

Or press the Connect button on the system (to the left of the disc tray on the original Xbox One, and on the bottom-right for the Xbox One S and Xbox One X) followed by holding the Bind button on your controller.

Happy Gaming.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Switching Series X Controller between Xbox and PC

Looking at the guide it says thus:

"The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console or a PC using Xbox Wireless. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox Wireless connection it was paired to. Then, to switch back to the paired Bluetooth device, press and hold the Pair button to start pairing mode".

This only works between a the controller paired to a PC with Bluetooth or another PC or Xbox paired via the proprietary 'Xbox Wireless' protocol. So, if you're using an Xbox Adaptor on your laptop and also own an Xbox you can only pair it to one of them. If you want to quickly swap between console and PC you'll have to use Bluetooth on the PC.

It's the same issue you'd get if you owned two consoles, you can only pair a controller to one console.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What should I do?

Please ensure you are following Xbox Support's steps to pair the controller: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc

To pair an Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC via Bluetooth:

Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.

Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for three seconds (the Xbox button will start flashing rapidly).

On your PC, press the Start button, then choose Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices (on Windows 11: Settings > Bluetooth & devices).

Turn on Bluetooth. Select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth (on Windows 11: Add device). Your PC will begin searching for your controller.

Select Xbox Elite Wireless Controller > Done.

If it's still not going into pairing mode, try holding the Pair button for longer than 3 seconds.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

1. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on... - Similar Threads - Controller connects hold

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  6. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  7. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  8. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  9. Xbox Controller connected to pc not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connected to pc not working: So ive connected my xbox controller to my PC and after I try to turn it on the xbox logo just keeps blinking and blinking, how do I fix that so it actually works. (I also don't have bluetooth on...
  10. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e