Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes all devices plugged in through USB ports to stop ...

Discus and support Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes all devices plugged in through USB ports to stop ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I've been using my Xbox one controller for ages on my laptop to play games, (mostly Rocket league) but all of a sudden when i try to plug my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nash robinson podgorski, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes all devices plugged in through USB ports to stop ...

so I've been using my Xbox one controller for ages on my laptop to play games, (mostly Rocket league) but all of a sudden when i try to plug my controller in, it will vibrate as if it knows its plugged in but the middle Xbox light keeps flashing as if its
    not connected. if i was to then try to use my mouse or my keyboard or even my track pad it causes a beeping sound, and i cant click on anything. unplugging it doesn't work, as i usually just unplug my keyboard and put my controller in but when i go to plug
    in my keyboard back in it doesn't even register. only way i can get every thing to work its to hard shut down my laptop. anyone no why this is happening and/or any fixes to this??

:)

nash robinson podgorski, Mar 3, 2016
  2. billboelke
    billboelke Guest
    External wireless keyboard functionality

I purchased a Logitech USB wireless keyboard, model K400, for $30.

With the unifying dongle plugged into the Xbox1 the keyboard works great everywhere you'd want to type instead of typing with the standard game controller.

This keyboard has a mouse-pad (touch-membrane and mouse buttons) similar to that found on most laptops, in place of where the numeric keypad would be.

PLEASE ADD a driver for this keyboard so the mouse-pad will work instead of having to go back to the controller when mouse functions are desired.

It would be awesome if beyond the mouse-pad, other functions or special keys on the keyboard functioned as well.

billboelke, Mar 3, 2016
  3. eric4211
    eric4211 Guest
    Xbox360 controller keyboard software needed for windows 10.

Request 360 controller Software driver Windows 10.

Xbox 360 controller and chat pad support in windows 10 and Xbox app for win 10. Driver for keyboard, and mouse pointer from game pad to work in windows 10. Include Wired and Wireless drivers. Documentation, Software on / off Power switch super helpful. Check
    box to turn on / off keyboard and mouse emulation.

I would like to use Windows 10 and the Xbox App to play games on the big screen TV. I have a home theater PC connected to the tv.

The Xbox 360 controller works on PC with Xbox App. The keyboard and headphones do not.

It would be most useful to have full windows support for the Xbox 360 controller keyboard.

I could browse the internet using 360 keyboard and Cortana with headset microphone.

I would like to type in Wordpad, and Edge web browser.

Full mouse and key board support.

Sell 360 pc controller dongle again, or verify if the new dongle stick works with 360 controller keyboard.

Support wired and wireless again in Windows 10.

Request written on 2 of March 2017. Ticket number1376801419.

eric4211, Mar 3, 2016
  4. user928new Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

Summary: I fixed it by plugging USB cable into a controller and pc, win 10 recognized it, system restart was required and after that controller was working wirelessly also.

Longer description: I installed fresh windows 10, downloaded and installed all win updates, then I tried all these steps and at the end controller started working.

1) plugged wireless adapter into USB windows 10 recognized it but Xbox one controller won't connect (keep on blinking)

2) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port but Xbox one controller won't connect (keep on blinking)

3) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port started task manager removed Xbox one adapter, windows found it again but still noting (gamepad keep on blinking)

4) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port (front) started task manager removed Xbox one adapter and Xbox drivers, windows found it again installed it but still noting (gamepad keep on blinking)

5) FINALLY, I fixed it by plugging USB cable into a controller and pc, win 10 recognized it, system restart was required and after that controller was working wirelessly also.
  5. DominumStige Win User

Xbox shutting off when I plug my controller into any of the USB port

Hi!

Have you tried all the USB ports on the console? The problem can be caused by a single USB port. Also (with batteries or in W10) check that the controller is

up to date
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working on Windows 10

Hello @Big Hyojong!

After you plug the controller in, is it listed in Settings, Devices? Try clicking on add device in the settings, device menu. If it is not detected, can you try another USB cable to connect the controller to your PC ?

Also, if you haven't already, please follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10:

1. Plug the Xbox 360 controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
    2. Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller, so you won't have to download or install software other than Windows 10 updates. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
    3. Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.
    Notes:

• If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.
    • If your controller still does not work, check that Windows 10 is fully updated. Install any updates and then try again.
    I hope this helps you out!
  7. coalcell Win User

Xbox 360 controller causing whine in headphones.

Internet Expert it was the positioning of the USB port and the Audio port. I plugged the controller into the back USB port and the whine stopped while the controller works fine. Thanks!
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting

Hello banaoffe,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox Elite controller is randomly disconnecting from your Windows 10 computer. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, you can try using a different USB-C cable to connect your controller to your computer. If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend plugging in the controller to a different USB port on your computer. Be sure to let us
    know the results!
Thema:

Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes all devices plugged in through USB ports to stop ...

1. Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes all devices plugged in through USB ports to stop ... - Similar Threads - controller windows causes

2. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  3. Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.: I bought a custom made xbox series x controller from Xbox Design Lab back in 2022 for some context. Worked well for two years but recently I've noticed after about a few minutes into a session the...
  4. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...
  5. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  6. Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...: I experience frequent controller disconnects with the following set up: - Xbox Wireless Controller - Xbox One Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Full charge) - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows...
  7. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  8. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  9. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  10. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...