Xbox One Controller on a Windows 8.1 PC via USB - Does the Headset/Headset-Adapter work?

Discus and support Xbox One Controller on a Windows 8.1 PC via USB - Does the Headset/Headset-Adapter work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, as the title says i'm trying to find out if a Headset connected to the Xbox One Controller works on a Windows 8.1 based PC. The only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Franzisca M., Jan 3, 2015.

1. Franzisca M.
    Franzisca M. Guest

Xbox One Controller on a Windows 8.1 PC via USB - Does the Headset/Headset-Adapter work?

Hi everyone,

as the title says i'm trying to find out if a Headset connected to the Xbox One Controller works on a Windows 8.1 based PC.

The only information I could find on the Internet so far is that the old Xbox 360 Headset/Controller works but nothing about the Xbox One. Since the Controller only works with an USB cable I was wonder if there are any other restrictions when used on PC.

Best regards

:)

Franzisca M., Jan 3, 2015
  2. SpecArek
    SpecArek Guest
    SpecArek, Jan 3, 2015
  3. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    USB Surround Sound Headphones Perfect for PS4 but Not Working XBOX One

The micro-usb port on the controller is not designed for use for headphones.

The Xbox One Controller is designed for using a headset with a 3.5mm jack. There is no general USB support on the Xbox One console for USB headsets.

You'll need to buy a headset that's compatible with the console.

Looking up your headset at amazon -

Gaming Headset, ZIDLI ZH7 7.1 surround sound Earphone with LED Light Noise Isolating Over Ear headphone with Mic

Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 10, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1. MAC Generic Use. No Drivers.

HAZMAT RADIO, Jan 3, 2015
  4. NAPS420
    NAPS420 Guest

I have been looking for answers to this question for sometime now and have yet to find any official word, though I am looking for Windows 7 support. From the very few people I've discussed this with, it seems that no OS currently allows the Xbox One headsets
    to be used in an Xbox One Controller at all when using it through a PC. I actually just posted this as an idea to their suggestion page.

The Xbox 360 Controllers on PC do in fact allow for the Xbox 360 Headsets to be used (I use this all the time while playing Payday 2 through Steam for PC, as well as in Steam chat groups) and I don't understand why they would just ignore this. I knew lots
    of people who used the 360 Headsets for PC gaming throughout the years.

NAPS420, Jan 18, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: