XBox One Controller not working on PC - Runtime Library Error, Freeze during Gameplay

Discus and support XBox One Controller not working on PC - Runtime Library Error, Freeze during Gameplay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I recently changed from an XBox 360 Controller to an XBox One Controller on my Win 10 PC. Even though I am still using both, I prefer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RhodosGuard, Oct 28, 2023.

1. RhodosGuard
    RhodosGuard Guest

XBox One Controller not working on PC - Runtime Library Error, Freeze during Gameplay

Hey everyone,

I recently changed from an XBox 360 Controller to an XBox One Controller on my Win 10 PC.
    Even though I am still using both, I prefer the XBox Ones feel, so I am currently trying to get used to it.

It is a wired Controller without a Battery-Pack.

The first Problem is, that on every Boot of my PC, and/or whenever I first plug the controller in, it gives me an Error Message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C..."

Now, this message appeared on some previous controllers, but never influenced play, but since I am using this brand new one the following issue keeps happening:

The Game (currently Mortal Kombat 1) will either stop recognizing all input from the controller, or freeze the last input.
    From that point onward, the only fix seems to be unplugging and replugging the controller.

After surfing some other forums the following solutions have been tried and not found to solve the issue:

Boot the Game in Borderless Windowed
    Install Xbox Accessories
    Update the Visual C++ Redistributable
    Update the Graphics Driver
    Close iCue (apparently it causes the USB Port for my Corsair mouse to deprive other ports of power???)

Nothing fixed the Problem for now.

Edit: I'd like to also add, that even when the Game stops recognizing controller inputs, Xbox Accessories still recognizes the Controller, and I can even successfully test the Rumble.

:)

RhodosGuard, Oct 28, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

From what you mention it seems to be a problem that is more inclined to the game which is where the problem really occurs, in this particular case I would like you to try the following:

Test on another PC: Try connecting your Xbox One controller to another PC to see if the same issues occur. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your PC or if it's an issue with the controller itself.

Reinstall controller drivers: Uninstall the drivers for your Xbox One controller and then reinstall them. To do this, go to the Device Manager in Windows, locate the Xbox One controller under the "Human Interface Devices" section, right-click on it, and select "Uninstall device." Then, disconnect the controller, restart your PC, and reconnect the controller to reinstall the drivers.

Test in a different game: Try using the Xbox One controller with a different game recognition to see if the same freezing or input issues occur. This can help determine if the problem is specific to Mortal Kombat 1 or if it's more widespread.

Best regards.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Call of Duty black ops 4

4. RedCarGamer Win User

Xbox error code

5. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Megaton Rainfall not starting

6. XBF John Win User

Minecraft using a specific account begins freezing after 5-10 mins of play

Thema:

1. XBox One Controller not working on PC - Runtime Library Error, Freeze during Gameplay - Similar Threads - Controller working Runtime

2. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  5. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  6. My son's Xbox controller is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son's Xbox controller is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What...: My son's Xbox controller (X series) is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What is it? f5ea27f1-85b5-41db-b3bb-00ce60ab8077
  7. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  8. Xbox controller not working and microsoft uncontactable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not working and microsoft uncontactable: Hi, Im a user from india i have an xbox elite controller which is out of warrenty. i was trying to place a device service and repair but at the checkout it is having some error again and again....
  9. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  10. I threw my controller troller now it won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I threw my controller troller now it won't work: I threw my elite core controller on the ground and when I go to turn of the xbox using the on screen method and the little white box that surrounds the options you are hovering over whenever I go...