Xbox one controller not discovering

Discus and support Xbox one controller not discovering in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some trouble with my Xbox one controller. I have been using the controller by connecting the controller via usb cable. All of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianKim94, Feb 13, 2024.

1. BrianKim94
    BrianKim94 Guest

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my Xbox one controller.

I have been using the controller by connecting the controller via usb cable.

All of the sudden, my controller is no longer being recognized.

So far, I have

• Updated windows
    • Download Xbox accessories (it did not recognize anything)
    • Update USB driver and sound and controller in device manager

I know for a fact that it's not the controller nor cable because when I plug it in my laptop, it's working perfectly fine.

I did search a number of topics and all of them say to update the Xbox controller in the device manager under Xbox peripherals.

However, that driver is missing and did not fix when I updated via windows update.

I did find about installing legacy hardware and founds it there:
    Xbox one controller not discovering [​IMG]

However, when I click next, I do not see a model:

Xbox one controller not discovering [​IMG]

I know for a fact that this is likely the problem, because when I connect the controller and it's working on my laptop, I see that driver in the device manager.

I tried searching, but doesn't seem like I can install this specific driver and in need of assistance.

:)

BrianKim94, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Xurts Win User

My controller is acting strange

Haywood, that issue is a common defect with controllers and one I've encountered myself. After discovering there was no known fix I just had to get a new controller.
  3. D3AN 711 Win User

Xbox controller dies every 5 minutes

Hi Edgar.

Attempt to sync your controller to another console and see if the issue continues.

I had a simular issue last year and i discovered it was a fault with my Xbox One after my controller synced with three different Xbox One's perfectly. I resolved this issue by removing the battery pack and keeping a play and charge kit connected from my
    Xbox One to my controller.

Hope this helps.
  4. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controllers have input issue but Xbox One X controller works perfectly

I discovered one thing. If I plug any headphones in my Xbox Series X controller (with microphone or without it) it works much better in any of the games that gives the issue. What could be mean?
  5. Endruler Win User

Xbox One Controller keeps rapidly connecting and disconnecting on windows 11

I checked my Bluetooth driver, it is up to date. And I just discovered this problem, but I’m not sure if I’ve had this issue in the past. My controller usually stays connected to my Xbox One S
  6. Leo Invictus Win User

KINECT Issues, Question....IR Blaster, No hand controls

It sounds like your system is working correctly.

The Xbox One system uses the Kinect as an IR blaster to control your TV and/or sound system, but as you've discovered, it is not an IR receiver, unfortunately. It is necessary to point the Xbox One media remote at the console.

With this month's operating system update, dashboard navigation via motion control was removed completely. Voice control is still available. MS also apparently removed the ability to wirelessly sync controllers via the Kinect.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller not discovering - Similar Threads - controller discovering

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631