Xbox one controller not discovering

Discus and support Xbox one controller not discovering in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some trouble with my Xbox one controller. I have been using the controller by connecting the controller via usb cable. All of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianKim94, Feb 13, 2024.

1. BrianKim94
    BrianKim94 Guest

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my Xbox one controller.

I have been using the controller by connecting the controller via usb cable.

All of the sudden, my controller is no longer being recognized.

So far, I have

• Updated windows
    • Download Xbox accessories (it did not recognize anything)
    • Update USB driver and sound and controller in device manager

I know for a fact that it's not the controller nor cable because when I plug it in my laptop, it's working perfectly fine.

I did search a number of topics and all of them say to update the Xbox controller in the device manager under Xbox peripherals.

However, that driver is missing and did not fix when I updated via windows update.

I did find about installing legacy hardware and founds it there:
    Xbox one controller not discovering [​IMG]

However, when I click next, I do not see a model:

Xbox one controller not discovering [​IMG]

I know for a fact that this is likely the problem, because when I connect the controller and it's working on my laptop, I see that driver in the device manager.

I tried searching, but doesn't seem like I can install this specific driver and in need of assistance.

:)

BrianKim94, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Xurts Win User

My controller is acting strange

Haywood, that issue is a common defect with controllers and one I've encountered myself. After discovering there was no known fix I just had to get a new controller.
  3. D3AN 711 Win User

Xbox controller dies every 5 minutes

Hi Edgar.

Attempt to sync your controller to another console and see if the issue continues.

I had a simular issue last year and i discovered it was a fault with my Xbox One after my controller synced with three different Xbox One's perfectly. I resolved this issue by removing the battery pack and keeping a play and charge kit connected from my
    Xbox One to my controller.

Hope this helps.
  4. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controllers have input issue but Xbox One X controller works perfectly

I discovered one thing. If I plug any headphones in my Xbox Series X controller (with microphone or without it) it works much better in any of the games that gives the issue. What could be mean?
  5. Endruler Win User

Xbox One Controller keeps rapidly connecting and disconnecting on windows 11

I checked my Bluetooth driver, it is up to date. And I just discovered this problem, but I’m not sure if I’ve had this issue in the past. My controller usually stays connected to my Xbox One S
  6. Leo Invictus Win User

KINECT Issues, Question....IR Blaster, No hand controls

It sounds like your system is working correctly.

The Xbox One system uses the Kinect as an IR blaster to control your TV and/or sound system, but as you've discovered, it is not an IR receiver, unfortunately. It is necessary to point the Xbox One media remote at the console.

With this month's operating system update, dashboard navigation via motion control was removed completely. Voice control is still available. MS also apparently removed the ability to wirelessly sync controllers via the Kinect.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller not discovering - Similar Threads - controller discovering

2. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  3. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  4. “You need a controller to play this game”

in XBoX on Consoles
    “You need a controller to play this game”: I’m using my Xbox series S controller with a USB-C to USB wired connection, and I frequently get the message “you need a controller to play this game” when playing. I haven’t played other games...
  5. Unpair controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unpair controller: I need to unpair/unstnc my old co troller from my Xbox so I can connect it to my Apple TV. All searches say “hold the pair button” but it is not working, my Apple TV never sees it, and it is not...
  6. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  7. Xbox controller wont work in fortnight

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont work in fortnight: HELP!! Xbox controller wont work in fortnight. It wont let me click on settings to try and figure anything out. All of the sudden there is a little mouse pointer on the screen. How do I fix this?...
  8. I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...: This controller iss supposed to be able too work on. All. Consoles but I can't seem to get it to. Itis anintendo switch 321529b7-3fa0-4ab5-8608-80077ac2daab
  9. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  10. My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...: It's definitely not the controller it's some how in the Xbox it's self. My controller works fine on my other Xbox. bbebe389-ddb7-4a95-a507-7f91f9d76975