Xbox One Controller not being recognized

Discus and support Xbox One Controller not being recognized in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just bought a new official xbox one controller to replace my broken 360 controller that I use with my PC. Tried to connect via Bluetooth to discover my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ZachViney, Sep 28, 2018.

1. ZachViney
    ZachViney Guest

Just bought a new official xbox one controller to replace my broken 360 controller that I use with my PC. Tried to connect via Bluetooth to discover my PC doesn't support it so today I went out and purchased the plug in play and charge kit however I plug
    it in and nothing happens, the light still flashes as though un-synced and nothing shows up in my device manager. would've thought that at 50 quid each it would be a bit more user friendly.

Any idea on what has gone wrong here?

:)

ZachViney, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Xbox one controller windows 10 (WIRED)

Xbox one controller isn't being recognized wired. I plug it in and it vibrates, but there's no sign of drivers and the device isn't being recognized in xbox accessories.

LateCoronet025, Sep 28, 2018
  3. LukeaSS4
    LukeaSS4 Guest
    Xbox one controller for PC

So I've been trying to connect my Xbox one controller to my PC but my computer wont recognize the controller. I have downloaded the correct drivers but it isn't being recognized.

LukeaSS4, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Julian_
    Julian_ Guest

Julian_, Sep 28, 2018
  5. ZachViney
    ZachViney Guest
    I can't update the controller, as I stated in the question the problem is the controller won't connect so I can't get to the update page

ZachViney, Sep 28, 2018
  6. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Zach! Thanks for reaching out to us today!

I would be happy to help. What version of Windows do you have?

If it's Windows 10, it should be recognized automatically. I would make sure the PC is up to date and all of the drivers are up to date as well.

I would suggest also looking over our
    article
    explaining how to connect an Xbox One controller as there is a wireless option as well.

Let us know if that helps.

XBF Diego M, Sep 28, 2018
  7. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

What operating system is your computer running?

Tormaz, Sep 28, 2018
  8. ZachViney
    ZachViney Guest

Windows 10, fully up to date. And I know there's a wireless option which it looks like I'm going to have to get after wasting money on an officially licenced charge and play cable

ZachViney, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: