Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update

Discus and support Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, After attempting to play Rainbow Six Siege and DOOM on Steam, I'm seeing that my xbox one controller isn't being recognized properly since the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by StopDinosaur599, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update

Hello,

After attempting to play Rainbow Six Siege and DOOM on Steam, I'm seeing that my xbox one controller isn't being recognized properly since the last update. My L and R sticks work, RB and LB work (kind of) but it doesn't recognize the "A" button (which is
    a super BIGGIE) or "X" and only partially "B".

Anyone else having this problem?

:)

StopDinosaur599, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Wireless Xbox 360 controller will no longer sync with PC

I'm having the same problem. My wireless controller was working with my receiver yesterday, and today after installing the Windows 10 update, it no longer works. It's highly unlikely that this problem coinciding with what looks like a major Windows update
    is coincidental. Either this is a bug, or Microsoft no longer supports (i.e. disabled) 360 controllers with Windows 10 and wants us to buy Xbox One controllers.

I'm hoping it's a bug.

FunkiestBreak44, Aug 22, 2018
  3. gmatarrubia
    gmatarrubia Guest
    2nd Xbox one controller with wireless adapter

I have two Xbox one controller and the wireless adapter. Both controller are updated and the driver of the adapter is updated too.

Both controllers find the wireless adapter but only the first works correctly. The second is detected as a controller but it doesn't work.

My PC is a Windows 10 64 bits.

Any idea?

gmatarrubia, Aug 22, 2018
  4. JeffCardenas
    JeffCardenas Guest

Hey StopDinosaur,

Today I'm having the same issue. My wirless Xbox One Controller isn't working properly. If I press the down botton on the D-pad, it keep stuck and moving down forever and my A, B, Start and other buttons stop working :|

JeffCardenas, Aug 22, 2018
  5. Proscaline
    Proscaline Guest
    Have you verified that this is not a hardware issue? As in, does your Xbox One controller function correctly elsewhere, like on your Xbox One Console?

If it's not a hardware issue, you might be well off reinstalling the drivers for your controller. Press the Win key and search for 'drivers'. You should be able to find the Xbox Controller drivers towards the bottom of the list. Uninstall
    those and then plug your controller back in for them to be reinstalled. See if that fixes your issue.

If that doesn't work, it could be that the title you are playing has controller compatibility issues. I would recommend contacting the developer in that case.

Proscaline, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: