Xbox One controller major issues

Discus and support Xbox One controller major issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbone microphone doesn't fit into one of my controllers for some reason and it's been like that since I first got it, so it's always a guessing game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HOLYWD, Mar 29, 2014.

  1. Secret Lan
    Secret Lan Guest

    Xbox One controller major issues


    My Xbone microphone doesn't fit into one of my controllers for some reason and it's been like that since I first got it, so it's always a guessing game when I go to plug in the mic...
     
    Secret Lan, Mar 30, 2014
    #16
  2. FTM99
    FTM99 Guest
    I have 3 ,,my day one is a little bit wonky though..The left thumb stick will float up a bit on occasions ..Other than that they are fine ..TBH though i still prefer the feel of the 360 ones ...The little gap on the one controller does kinda bug me where
    the 2 halves meet
     
    FTM99, Mar 30, 2014
    #17
  3. 235 hours into BF4 and zero controller issues. I honestly think OP is too picky with his controller. I don't sit there and listen at every sqeak and sqeal the controller makes (even if it makes any, honestly I've never listened to it) when I'm using it.
    As long as it performs why should I care?
     
    Mogwai Warrior, Mar 30, 2014
    #18
  4. kaeruNkame
    kaeruNkame Guest

    Xbox One controller major issues

    Day one controller (Nov. 22nd), regular controller (Nov. 22nd), and Titanfall controller (two weeks ago)...all working with no issues thus far.
     
    kaeruNkame, Mar 30, 2014
    #19
  5. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @ Goth........ LOL..... good.

    -

    As for 9 controllers in 2 weeks??? Really? I've replaced 360 + X1 consoles, but have never had an issue with a Xbox controller.
     
    kingvas78, Mar 30, 2014
    #20
  6. 9 controllers? That's ridiculous.

    My experience is:

    Day 4, in the package: Works perfectly.

    Day 4, shipped seperately: Works perfectly except home button sticks a little.

    Never had an issue with 360 controllers either other than the thumbsticks drifting a little when not being touched, and smoothed from 6 years of use. Only ever had to repair 1 360 and replace one. The repaired one RRODed, and the other I bought another used
    one because the older one finally stopped reading discs.

    You are obviously too violent with your controllers.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Mar 30, 2014
    #21
  7. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    9 controllers is very unfortunate but I have had 2 controllers since November and I haven't had any problems.
     
    vikingland1, Mar 30, 2014
    #22
  8. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    Xbox One controller major issues

    9 controllers? Are you eating them? lol

    Seriously though, that's some bad luck your having there. Going back to the first Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One I've only ever had 2 go wrong in all that time. ( both on 360 )

    Mind you, my Day One controller does make some weird creaking noises, as of yet though it still works perfectly. My Titanfall controller is working fine aswell Xbox One controller major issues :)
     
    Lofty Who, Mar 30, 2014
    #23
  9. One of my 2 controllers has a sticky A button & the seam for the other one seems to be a bit "off" or crooked, but is otherwise okay. Xbox One controller major issues :(

    Great video, Goth - loved Schoolhouse Rock as a kid; it always had great educational music. Xbox One controller major issues :)
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 30, 2014
    #24
  10. Mafivee
    Mafivee Guest
    My regualar controller felt a bit weird at the start and wasn't as responsive as I would have liked in the start, right bumper, A and B buttons. I just thought that they needed to be worked in a little due to it being new.

    The only other mishaps with it was accidently hitting it out of my hands when swiping at a fly sending it to the ground. The other time was a few days later I placed the controller on the desk as I had to quickly tend to something and a part in the game
    made the controller vibrate and it rumbled its way off on to the floor.
     
    Mafivee, Mar 30, 2014
    #25
  11. I have four controllers, and they all work fine. I generally stick to the day one that I have, and let my kids use the other ones. Never had a problem.
     
    WalkingIrish42, Mar 30, 2014
    #26
  12. You have to be doing something wrong. I don't even think I've ever gone through more than two controllers across an entire consoles life span and my Day One controller has held up really well and that's after it's been dropped and banged and slung across
    the room because I am still not used to using a wired mic and I get up or something while my controller is sitting down next to me.
     
    DanteSparda504, Mar 30, 2014
    #27
  13. Mafivee
    Mafivee Guest

    Xbox One controller major issues

    Something wrong is right. I mean c'mon, 9 controllers, that's way on the extreme side. Must be gripping hell out of them.
     
    Mafivee, Mar 31, 2014
    #28
  14. L0CK3D
    L0CK3D Guest
    I think you need to control your anger a little better, Mr. Banner. I suspect your alter ego is showing up during intense gaming moments.

    HULK SMASH!
     
    L0CK3D, Mar 31, 2014
    #29
  15. TG CRKDMike
    TG CRKDMike Guest
    I just recently had my xbox one controller break on me. I was pushing right on the left thumbstick, and I clicked it as well to boost right in Advanced Warfare, as soon as I clicked it I felt and heard a crack, and the thumbstick immediately felt different.
    It started grinding and lost it's springyness.

    I sent it in to Microsoft about a week ago, and I havn't heard from them since. Apparently I am getting a replacement. Hopefully they either do a mass recall, or fix the problem going forward so that any new controller they make has a more robust construction,
    like the xbox 360 controllers.
     
    TG CRKDMike, Oct 31, 2018
    #30
  16. vikingland1 Win User

    Xbox One controller major issues

    9 controllers is very unfortunate but I have had 2 controllers since November and I haven't had any problems.
  17. kaeruNkame Win User

    Xbox One controller major issues

    Day one controller (Nov. 22nd), regular controller (Nov. 22nd), and Titanfall controller (two weeks ago)...all working with no issues thus far.
  18. FTM99 Win User

    Xbox One controller major issues

    I have 3 ,,my day one is a little bit wonky though..The left thumb stick will float up a bit on occasions ..Other than that they are fine ..TBH though i still prefer the feel of the 360 ones ...The little gap on the one controller does kinda bug me where
    the 2 halves meet
  19. Mr Sludge Pants Win User

    Xbox One controller major issues

    9 controllers? That's some bad luck.

    I have a Day One controller that is built nicely and has no problems with it. I also have a standard one that came in the plug and play kit. The standard one doesn't seem too good, the right side makes some terrible creaking sounds, and the Home button sticks
    a little.
  20. WalkingIrish42 Win User

    Xbox One controller major issues

    I have four controllers, and they all work fine. I generally stick to the day one that I have, and let my kids use the other ones. Never had a problem.
Thema:

Xbox One controller major issues

Loading...
  1. Xbox One controller major issues - Similar Threads - controller major issues

  2. Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've played with multiple controllers over the past 10 days and every one of them eventually keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting. It's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar: When I open the Game Bar—whether via controller or keyboard—while a game is running on xCloud through the Xbox app for PC, the Game Bar "steals" the controller input focus. I am forced to...
  5. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  6. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  7. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. My two controllers have major stick drift

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My two controllers have major stick drift: Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in...
  9. Ground Control to Major Nelson!!!!! Didn't Halo introduce Matchmaking when they released ...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ground Control to Major Nelson!!!!! Didn't Halo introduce Matchmaking when they released ...: Am I a fool? I bought my xbox one because I bought the original box when it first came out t with (you guessed it) Halo. Now what? The game matchmaking does not work over 2 weeks later its a dam...
  10. Ground Control To Major Nelson!!!!

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Ground Control To Major Nelson!!!!: Am I a fool? I bought my xbox one because I bought the original box when it first came out t with (you guessed it) Halo. Now what? The game matchmaking does not work over 2 weeks later its a dam...