Xbox One Controller has stopped working with Bluetooth (will not connect) in Win 10

Discus and support Xbox One Controller has stopped working with Bluetooth (will not connect) in Win 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Not used Xbox One Controller in months, worked fine previously via Bluetooth. Tried all the recommended solutions. Updated controller on Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Blinkyman, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Blinkyman
    Blinkyman Guest

Xbox One Controller has stopped working with Bluetooth (will not connect) in Win 10

Not used Xbox One Controller in months, worked fine previously via Bluetooth. Tried all the recommended solutions.

Updated controller on Xbox Accessories, connected via USB and works perfectly. Driver installs on Device Manager and disappears when unplugged but no luck with Bluetooth :-((

:)

Blinkyman, Oct 6, 2018
  2. X Buf87
    X Buf87 Guest
    Xbox 360 controller connecting to Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter

Hello,

Last week I buyed a Xbox One S wireless Bluetooth controller, for playing games in Windows 10. Unfortunately games will be slow when I use the controller with Bluetooth. My keyboard and mouse are also connected through Bluetooth. It seems like that 3 Bluetooth
    devices is too much at the Bluetooth controller.

Now I want buy a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect the Xbox One S wireless controller. But is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to that same adapter? I buyed the new controller because the Xbox 360 controller gives problems at Windows

Anyone suggestions why games will be slow when the Xbox one controller is connected by Bluetooth? When I connected the controller through a USB cable, everything works fine.

Thanks.

X Buf87, Oct 6, 2018
  3. EGhostX
    EGhostX Guest
    i have problem with my xbox 1 controller when i tried to connect it to my pc win 10 via Bluetooth

i have problem with my xbox 1 controller when i tried to connect it to my pc win 10 via Bluetooth

when win start searching for available device it can see my controller

i dont know why

any fix

i did all in this guide on Bluetooth part

Connect Xbox Wireless Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

EGhostX, Oct 6, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey Blinkyman,

Thanks for reaching out to us today! I'd be happy to help.

Have you tried re-pairing the controller to your computer?

And have you made sure your computer has the latest Windows 10 update?

I would suggest looking over our guide for
    Troubleshooting Bluetooth issues
    and see if any of those steps help.

Let us know the results!

Diego,

Xbox Forums Support

XBF Diego M, Oct 6, 2018
  5. Blinkyman
    Blinkyman Guest
    The Controller does not appear on the Bluetooth list of devices to pair it (again)

Win 10 is up to date as of today too :-(

No problem connection Audio device via Bluetooth either.

Also have 2 laptops running WIn 10 - same issue on both :-(

Blinkyman, Oct 6, 2018
  6. Blinkyman
    Blinkyman Guest
    Is it possible to download and install the xbox driver to the device manager manually?

Realise that when connected via USB Win 10 recognises the connection and installs automatically and that via Bluetooth it should work the same way.

Blinkyman, Oct 6, 2018
  7. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Blinkyman,

If you have another device that has Bluetooth and is compatible to your laptops that works but the controller doesn't and you have already tried everything on the guide, then it's likely the Bluetooth feature in the controller is no longer working properly.

If the controller is up to date as well and it's still not working, then the controller would need to be replaced.

You can go to the
    Devices
    section on Microsoft support website or you may go to
    Xbox Customer Support
    to log in and request a callback to your desired number.

I hope that helps.

Diego,

Xbox Forum Support

XBF Diego M, Oct 6, 2018
  8. Xbox One Controller has stopped working with Bluetooth (will not connect) in Win 10

Hi Blinky,

We are sorry to hear about the current situation where the controller will not work via Bluetooth. When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows
    is not set to automatically download device software, you can check for updates through Device Manager.

Here’s how to check for
    updates manually
    in the Device Manager:

1. Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select
      Search.
    2. Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select
      Device Manager

Note Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
    3. Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
    4. Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select
      Update Driver Software.
    5. Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.
    I hope this helps!

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 6, 2018
  9. Blinkyman
    Blinkyman Guest
    Tried to update the driver but Win 10 says it is up to date :-(

Is there an external source or If I uninstall the driver will it re-install automatically on a reboot or should I Roll Back ?

Should I Run SFC ?

Could it be a Win 10 1803 update issue?

This is very strange ....................... confused :-(((

Blinkyman, Oct 7, 2018
  10. skylaar
    skylaar Guest
    Looks like you have tried quite a bit, I was able to solve a similar issue by downloading the Xbox Accessories app to my PC. The app is free and from Microsoft in the Windows Store.

skylaar, Oct 7, 2018
  11. Blinkyman
    Blinkyman Guest
    Tried that too ;-)

Updated the firmware from there with the controller plugged in via USB.

Think I will try deleting/uninstalling the Xbox driver in Device Manager then reboot

(hoping that a new install will make the difference) :-o

Still think it could be the 1803 update ;-o

Blinkyman, Oct 7, 2018
  12. Re install the drivers manually to see if hat fixes the issue

HyperVenom523, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: