Xbox one controller has broken B button

Discus and support Xbox one controller has broken B button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just opened my xbox one (purchased today) and the controller it came with is defective. The B button is sticky and does not want to pop back up. I just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whitebox213, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Whitebox213
    Whitebox213 Guest

Just opened my xbox one (purchased today) and the controller it came with is defective. The B button is sticky and does not want to pop back up. I just got off the phone with customer support who let me know that it is a known problem and that they would
    replace it only after I shipped it to them and paid for the shipping. Pretty crumby service after dropping $500 on a new system. If anybody else has this issue forget about playing your console without going back to the store to buy another controller. This
    is really a joke. Microsoft I am very disappointed, but at this point not surprised! I was really on the fence about getting the new system all together and now I feel like I should have just passed on this round.

:)

Whitebox213, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Controller B Button Broken

Does this happen with other controllers? Does it still happen when you take the batteries out and connect the controller to the console with a USB cord?

You can also check the "Xbox Accessories" app in "My Games & Apps" and reset your controller to defaults. Open the app, select "Configure", and then select "Restore defaults". This will reset any custom button mappings to the default configuration. Check
    for a
    controller firmware update
    if you still have issues.

If the "B" button still activates the others when you press it, then the last resort is to send it in for repair or replace entirely. You can get started here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

Internet Expert, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Controller B Button Broken

Whenever I press the B button on my controller it activates all of my buttons, A, B, X and Y.

Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

PopeyedThrone37, Jan 6, 2014
  4. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest

Hello Whitebox213,

I am very sorry to hear that your new Xbox One Controller has a sticking button. I've read your post, and would suggest that you return to the retailer where you purchased your Xbox One, and exchange your console. I would be frustrated as well if a Microsoft
    Support Representative informed me that the only way I could receive a replacement controller would be to send it back to Microsoft at my own cost. If you don't mind, try this link
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us and select the "Chat with Microsoft Support". I would personally ask why that is the policy (try to be patient!), and if you can escalate your question
    to a Supervisor. No company wants to have an unhappy consumer. If I bought the Xbox One and this happened to me, I would insist that a better solution be found.

Good luck and let us know what path you choose!

MattKV1, Jan 6, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: