Xbox One Controller for Windows bricked after update via Xbox Accessories app

Discus and support Xbox One Controller for Windows bricked after update via Xbox Accessories app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, i tried to update my xbox one controller for windows (i bought it standalone, i don't have a xbox one console) via the xbox accessories app (like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by steeno87, Oct 7, 2018.

1. steeno87
    steeno87 Guest

Hi,

i tried to update my xbox one controller for windows (i bought it standalone, i don't have a xbox one console) via the xbox accessories app (like it is mentioned on the support page). Unfortunately the update was stuck at 0% for more than 10 minutes, so
    i tried to resume it via the back button but the controller gets not recognized anymore since that. I also tried to reconnect it, start it via pressing xbox button + menu button for several seconds, but nothing happens. The controller was connected via usb
    cable, without batteries or a bluetooth connection.

In the device manager the controller gets still recognized as xbox one controller dfu.

Is there a way to unbrick it, without a xbox one console? Like a flash tool or smth. similar?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

:)

steeno87, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Flo W.
    Flo W. Guest
    The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed

...and the best thing ->Microsoft Solution for "XBox One Controller Update" indicates to this crap App!!!

Quote: "You can update your controller on a Windows 10 PC via the Xbox Accessories app. This app and feature is not available on previous versions of Windows."

Flo W., Oct 7, 2018
  3. albie™
    albie™ Guest
    Xbox One Elite controller not working anymore after (failed?) Xbox Accessories firmware upgrade

Another victim here. Received my brand new Elite controller today, bricked after the update from xbox accessories app.

It may have been windows 10 anniversary update drivers that caused issue. Anyone here is facing the same brick issue without the anniversary update on their windows 10?

albie™, Oct 7, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

{Parity}, Oct 7, 2018
  5. steeno87
    steeno87 Guest
    Thanks for the quick response my friend. I will try my luck with the live support then.. Will update this post if a solutin for this problem got found.

steeno87, Oct 7, 2018
  6. pa1blo
    pa1blo Guest
    pa1blo, Oct 7, 2018
  7. steeno87
    steeno87 Guest
    Hm, the support told me that neither he nor his colleagues have an idea for my problem and that i should ask the people at
    Xbox Ambassadors

Which is here i assume?

Otherwise the first solution was to ship the controller for a repair, but unfortunately it is already out of warranty.

Therefore, does someone with a xbox one console, needs a second controller? The reset via removing the battery pack, and let it connected via cable for some time seems to work for most of the people. But this doesn't be the case if you connect it to a windows
    pc. I don't have a console to try it myself. Therefore i can't use the controller anymore it seems..

steeno87, Oct 7, 2018
  8. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest

Steeno,

Since your controller has no operating system like your Xbox, there's no way to roll back the update you have already partially put on the controller. It is a known issue that if you do interrupt the network or unplug the controller during an update it will
    over write the firmware of the controller partially and not respond therefore after. If you just bought the controller within the last 90 days. You should still have stand alone warranty with Microsoft, I would recommend walking into a Microsoft store or

contacting us
    to see if we can replace the controller. Its always good to maintain your proof of purchase for the controller.

Have a nice day!

XBF Aaron G, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: