XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7

Discus and support XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This may seem old, but lately I got an XBox One controller for the PC (Windows 7), yet it does not work, as I do not have the drivers for it. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AnarchistMudkip, Feb 7, 2018.

1. XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7

This may seem old, but lately I got an XBox One controller for the PC (Windows 7), yet it does not work, as I do not have the drivers for it.

I tried to install them through Windows Update, which is supposedly the only way to get them, but it did not find any. Likewise, tried to download some (or else, the only one that was repeated over and over again throughout many sites), but it still did
    not work. The odd thing is that, for some reason, the controller did work in another computer, this one with Windows 10.

Is there any chance that certain drivers are locked from certain versions of Windows? I tried to copy said drivers from the Windows 10 version into the Windows 7, but it still did not work at all.

Is there any solution to this? i.e A way to manually download them?

:)

AnarchistMudkip, Feb 7, 2018
  2. Mtaoraki
    Mtaoraki Guest
    Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 8.1 & 7

Microsoft, can you make the Xbox One controller driver available online so that I can actually use your product with Windows 8.1 and Windows 7?

My controller is not defective and neither is anything in my OS. I even tested it out on Windows 10 PC and it works. I think the driver was removed online because Windows 10 comes with the driver pre-installed on the OS. However someone forgot that Windows
    8.1 and 7 does not come with the driver pre-installed and so the users still need to download the driver in order for it to work.

Please make the driver available online for Windows 8.1 and 7.

Thanks

Mtaoraki, Feb 7, 2018
  3. problème détection manette xbox one sur windows 7

problem detection my xbox controller on one windows 7

Good evening,

I bought a xbox one controller with cable for my computer, I use windows 7 and I can not run my stick. It is not detected in peripheral and the printer driver is not detected in the device manager. I did everything updated, Driver Uninstall I know what to
    do.

PaRiSiEn95380, Feb 7, 2018
  4. XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7

Hi,

Did you get this to work? When Microsoft first released the driver/s for the Xbox One controller they were available from a download page, this page has now been removed. The official way to download the drive is via Windows Update.
    If you have automatic updates on, when you connect the controller to a PC it should automatically download the required driver.

If you're downloading the driver from some other website or link, be aware that there are two versions for Windows 7, a 32 bit and 64 bit. You need to download the version that fits your Windows Install. If your computer is new and has at least 8 GB of RAM,
    it will be the 64 bit version.

Windows 10 already has drivers for all Xbox controllers built in to the OS, which is why the controller works straight away on Win 10 machines. The Windows 10 driver can not be used on Windows 7.

Obsessive Power, Feb 10, 2018
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Difference between Win 7 and win 10 drivers for Xbox.

Hi,

Windows 10 (64 and 32-bit) already has drivers built in for Xbox controllers. It's just plug and play. As Windows 7 pre-dates the Xbox One, it requires a driver to be downloaded.

Normally if you insert an Xbox One controller into a Windows 7 machine it should download and install the driver. If that does not happen, then you can do it manually.

Xbox One Controller
    driver Windows 7 32-bit

I found this driver from the Internet archive's 'Way back machine'. It should be safe as it is from a Microsoft website originally.
  6. The King Lir Win User

My Xbox One X controller isn't working on Windows 7 (wired)

Hey, you mentioned this is windows 7 right?

Make sure your controller is update as per: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Update the Xbox Controller drivers as per "Windows 8.1 and Windows 7" section of: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
  7. PaRiSiEn95380 Win User

problème détection manette xbox one sur windows 7

problem detection my xbox controller on one windows 7

Good evening,

I bought a xbox one controller with cable for my computer, I use windows 7 and I can not run my stick. It is not detected in peripheral and the printer driver is not detected in the device manager. I did everything updated, Driver Uninstall I know what to
    do.
  8. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox One Controller Not Working On Windows 7 Pro

9. icelava Win User

XBox One Elite controller not recognised by Windows 7

From others' experience with same problem, it appears Windows 7 does not update itself with the necessary driver pack for Xbox One controllers; gotta manually download and install

https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17648/
Thema:

XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7

1. XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - controller drivers Windows

2. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Network Controller Driver Error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Controller Driver Error?: Hey, I have a PC that I’ve had for a while now and it recently stopped being able to download games on steam and keeps shutting off due to blue screen error. I checked my drivers and there’s an...
  6. I by mistake unistall both HID game controller driver how do i unistall them back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I by mistake unistall both HID game controller driver how do i unistall them back?: hey there as the title sugest i made quite a dumb mistake of unistalling both HID game controller drivers and i want to install them back im working on window 11 and would love and kind help the...
  7. Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??: I was updating my xbox 360 controller but I installed the wrong one and now every time I plug it in to my laptop it says device not working. So does anyone have the files or an device manager...
  8. Can't connect Xbox 1 controller to Windows 11 PC. All drivers up to date

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect Xbox 1 controller to Windows 11 PC. All drivers up to date: I think I am just going to go back to dual booting Centos + Ubuntu with wine. This is ridiculous. Windows is literally the most **** OS. 08b65b97-df97-4248-9bf3-496f51169ced
  9. My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden: I have owning an Xbox one controller for a few years, just the Controller but not the console. the Controller is connect to PC via the USB cable and it's working fine until recently, I didn't use...
  10. Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?: I have a Windows 11 PC and it will not update the controller driver. When I plug in a controller it shows up in device manager with the little yellow icon that shows there is a problem and when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller driver windows 7

2. xbox one controller drivers for windows 7