Xbox One Controller doesn't work with most PC applications

Discus and support Xbox One Controller doesn't work with most PC applications in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One Elite controller. Here's what works: Steam Big Picture Mode on PC Xbox Accessories app from Microsoft Store on PC Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by g squidman, Oct 8, 2017.

1. g squidman
    g squidman Guest

I have an Xbox One Elite controller.

Here's what works:

Steam Big Picture Mode on PC

Xbox Accessories app from Microsoft Store on PC

Xbox Controller Tester app from Microsoft Store on PC

Pirated games on PC

Anything on my Xbox One

Here's what doesn't work:

Project64 Nintendo 64 emulator on PC

Any of the Steam games I've tried on PC (Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Life is Strange, The Talos Principle, Rocket League)

Here's what I've tried:

Plugged directly into the back of the motherboard instead of the front of the case.

Different micro-USB cable (this cable works when plugged into the Xbox)

Updating Xbox Elite Controller driver in Device Manager

Switching driver in Device Manager from Xbox Elite Controller to Xbox One Controller

Updating controller with Xbox Accessories app

Updating computer with Windows Update

If I find my regular controller, I'll try that, but I don't suspect it will work either. I have definitely played Rocket League with a controller before, so this is kind of new (worked some time before the windows anniversary update). The controller is not
    losing connection. The light stays on. Some things work fine, but most things do not.

:)

g squidman, Oct 8, 2017
  2. LeeTheENTP
    LeeTheENTP Guest
    Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

It doesn't work on another PC I tried it on, and it doesn't work with any controller when connected to a PC. I've tried it in Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition as well as regular desktop applications, because it used to work fine in those situations.

The Chatpad doesn't even light up when connected.

LeeTheENTP, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Gixeo
    Gixeo Guest
    XBOX One Elite Pad

Hi,

I want to use my Elite controller on my PC but the application "Accessoires Xbox" (French version) found on the Microsoft Store just doesn't work.

When i click on "Configuration", the left panel quickly show and disappear immediately so i can't change my configuration.

And i got this problem since I reinstall the software on my new pc. Before the application worked well.

Gixeo, Oct 8, 2017
  4. g squidman
    g squidman Guest

Solution: Pirate everything.

g squidman, Oct 9, 2017
  5. g squidman
    g squidman Guest
    Update: Pirated Cuphead. Controller doesn't work with that either.

g squidman, Nov 1, 2018
  6. g squidman Win User

Solution: Pirate everything.
  7. g squidman Win User

Update: Pirated Cuphead. Controller doesn't work with that either.
  8. ВладимирЛо Win User

Устройство HID, совместимое с XINPUT [HID device compatible with XINPUT]

Hello. Controller don't have triggers vibration in games (but it works in XBox Accessories application) and "Share" button doesn't work.
  9. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  10. LadyShotguns Win User

Custom gamerpic

Since custom gamer pictures were not working recently, most users will need to uninstall the application and reinstall Xbox App on your PC.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller doesn't work with most PC applications - Similar Threads - Controller doesn't applications

2. Gamepass PC doesn't recognise wireless controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass PC doesn't recognise wireless controller: Gamepass on PC doesn't recognise my PS5 controller, despite Windows itself showing that it is both connected and working. Here's a screenshot of the joypad calibration / testing screen included...
  3. Xbox turns on but black screens and doesn't allow me to sync a controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on but black screens and doesn't allow me to sync a controller.: I'm experiencing a few issue with my series x, I've had the console just over 2 years and never had a problem until today. I've come to turning my xbox on after a week of none use and found that...
  4. Why my elite controller series 2 doesn't turn in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my elite controller series 2 doesn't turn in?: Can someone help me to understand why the controller stopped turning on from nowhere. I've never thrown the controller or something, it just happened from one day to another It turns on for a...
  5. PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work.: More than often my PS4 Controllers will not properly connect via Bluetooth. Sometimes (but rarely), it does work, and in Windows Settings the Controller is registered as an Input Device, and says...
  6. I bought a new controller but now it doesn't let me change my mic monitoring

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a new controller but now it doesn't let me change my mic monitoring: My new controller has a button to change the volume and the chat mixer. But in the xbox menu says "Use your headset or other device to change the volume" but since my controller cant actually...
  7. My series 2 controller doesn't have a year warranty as stated on their website, why not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series 2 controller doesn't have a year warranty as stated on their website, why not?: Last year around this time I got my series 2 controller. Was pretty satisfied with the purchase until the bumpers stopped working. I found out they had a year warranty so submitted a claim got the...
  8. Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought an Xbox Series S about a year ago, controller suddenly doesn't work. Is this normal?: I bought this Xbox series S about a year ago. I use it casually, not a hardcore gamer by any means. Suddenly tonight the controller stops working. I can use it to turn on the xbox and that is all....
  9. My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Windows
    My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do: I'm trying to use my Xbox One S controller on my PC via USB so I can play my steam games, but when I connect it well it doesn't work and when I check the Device Manager. I don't even seem to have...
  10. Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console: When i long-press Share button, it start registering the screen, unlike on Xbox Console where if you long-press it it saves a clip. How can i change this? I tried through Xbox Accessories App but...