Xbox One Controller doesn't work with most PC applications

Discus and support Xbox One Controller doesn't work with most PC applications in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One Elite controller. Here's what works: Steam Big Picture Mode on PC Xbox Accessories app from Microsoft Store on PC Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by g squidman, Oct 8, 2017.

1. g squidman
    g squidman Guest

I have an Xbox One Elite controller.

Here's what works:

Steam Big Picture Mode on PC

Xbox Accessories app from Microsoft Store on PC

Xbox Controller Tester app from Microsoft Store on PC

Pirated games on PC

Anything on my Xbox One

Here's what doesn't work:

Project64 Nintendo 64 emulator on PC

Any of the Steam games I've tried on PC (Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Life is Strange, The Talos Principle, Rocket League)

Here's what I've tried:

Plugged directly into the back of the motherboard instead of the front of the case.

Different micro-USB cable (this cable works when plugged into the Xbox)

Updating Xbox Elite Controller driver in Device Manager

Switching driver in Device Manager from Xbox Elite Controller to Xbox One Controller

Updating controller with Xbox Accessories app

Updating computer with Windows Update

If I find my regular controller, I'll try that, but I don't suspect it will work either. I have definitely played Rocket League with a controller before, so this is kind of new (worked some time before the windows anniversary update). The controller is not
    losing connection. The light stays on. Some things work fine, but most things do not.

:)

g squidman, Oct 8, 2017
  2. LeeTheENTP
    LeeTheENTP Guest
    Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

It doesn't work on another PC I tried it on, and it doesn't work with any controller when connected to a PC. I've tried it in Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition as well as regular desktop applications, because it used to work fine in those situations.

The Chatpad doesn't even light up when connected.

LeeTheENTP, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Gixeo
    Gixeo Guest
    XBOX One Elite Pad

Hi,

I want to use my Elite controller on my PC but the application "Accessoires Xbox" (French version) found on the Microsoft Store just doesn't work.

When i click on "Configuration", the left panel quickly show and disappear immediately so i can't change my configuration.

And i got this problem since I reinstall the software on my new pc. Before the application worked well.

Gixeo, Oct 8, 2017
  4. g squidman
    g squidman Guest

Solution: Pirate everything.

g squidman, Oct 9, 2017
  5. g squidman
    g squidman Guest
    Update: Pirated Cuphead. Controller doesn't work with that either.

g squidman, Nov 1, 2018
  6. g squidman Win User

Solution: Pirate everything.
  7. g squidman Win User

Update: Pirated Cuphead. Controller doesn't work with that either.
  8. ВладимирЛо Win User

Устройство HID, совместимое с XINPUT [HID device compatible with XINPUT]

Hello. Controller don't have triggers vibration in games (but it works in XBox Accessories application) and "Share" button doesn't work.
  9. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  10. LeeTheENTP Win User

Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

Hey Lee!

I'm sorry to hear about the controller issues. Are you able to try your controller/chatpad on a different Windows 10 PC? And/or with a different Xbox One controller on your PC? And have you made sure that your controller is fully updated, with the chatpad
    in for the update? As well as making sure your PC is fully updated?

What game are you trying to use the controller/chatpad in?

A bit more information will help us out. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're
    a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
    It doesn't work on another PC I tried it on, and it doesn't work with any controller when connected to a PC. I've tried it in Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition as well as regular desktop applications, because it used to work fine in those situations.

The Chatpad doesn't even light up when connected.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller doesn't work with most PC applications - Similar Threads - Controller doesn't applications

2. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  5. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  6. Xbox controller doesn't show up why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller doesn't show up why?: I have Xbox series s controller and I want to play with it on pc but whenever I try to connect it doesn't show up. I have gamebird 4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Microsoft please help me. I have windows...
  7. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  8. Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.: I will turn on Xbox with the remote and it will automatically keep disconnecting itself. My Xbox and controller are up to date. The only way for it to work is having cord from Xbox to controller....
  9. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  10. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...