Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using a MSI GE60 2PE laptop (GTX 860m, Intel core i7-4710HQ) running Windows 10 Pro (detail: MSI – Google Drive) Before using Xbox one controller,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HeavyFlawless, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10

I'm using a MSI GE60 2PE laptop (GTX 860m, Intel core i7-4710HQ) running Windows 10 Pro (detail: MSI – Google Drive)

Before using Xbox one controller, I used a xbox 360 wired controller, and my laptop performed flawlessly.

But since I got the new Xbone controller connected using wireless adapter (already tried to connect with micro-USB cable also), gaming seem normal at first, then it started to drop FPS, stuttering, gaming performance seem to decreased a lot. the same with
    audio. Then when I tried to disconnect the controller by unplug the adapter / micro-USB cable, and then restarted the game again, the performance was flawlessly again.

This happened with all of the games I used the controller to play: GTA V, Fallout 4, COD Black Ops 3, FIFA 16,... I even tried Saint Row 4 and its just the same with other.

Note:Without Xbone controller, I usually get about 40~50fps in most of these games with almost all of settings were High and in Full HD 1920x1080 (except Black ops 3 in 1600x900). Xbox 360 controller didnt cause anything at all.

Nvidia graph card driver updated, xbox one controller driver updated via Xbox Accessories app, Windows update checked.

Hours of googling and I cant find any solution. Please somebody help me pls Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10 :(

Microsoft fix this please.

:)

HeavyFlawless, Feb 23, 2016
  2. Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

Edit - Oops, Just noticed how old this thread was...

Shifted Screen, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

Shifted Screen, Feb 23, 2016
  4. Dave Duval
    Dave Duval Guest

Interesting, because I'm using the Xbox One controller with the wireless adapter and it works flawlessly with no FPS drops. Some software in your PC just isn't agreeing with the controller. Maybe try wiping your PC and reinstalling from scratch.

Dave Duval, Feb 24, 2016
  5. b4n4n4phone
    b4n4n4phone Guest
    b4n4n4phone, Oct 31, 2018
  6. b4n4n4phone Win User

It seems you have the same issue as me. So far, there seems to be no solution available which is really disappointing.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/f/5412/t/2089163.aspx
  7. Dave Duval Win User

Interesting, because I'm using the Xbox One controller with the wireless adapter and it works flawlessly with no FPS drops. Some software in your PC just isn't agreeing with the controller. Maybe try wiping your PC and reinstalling from scratch.
  8. Shifted Screen Win User

Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

9. Shifted Screen Win User

Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

10. Hexaae Win User

xbox one controller severe issues with game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Still not fixed with Windows 10 x64 CU 15063.332.

XBox One Bluetooth controller has serious fps-drops issues with game "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning".
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - controller causes FPS

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  4. Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly: When you press the analogue sticks or Dpad on any controller it does the correct movement however it is then repeated in the opposite direction immediately after. I have tested multiple...
  5. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller: Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0...
  6. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b
  7. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...: I have ran through countless controllers and wasted a lot of money. I keep experiencing my controller turning off when the batter back feels any type of significant pressure. The usb cable causes...
  9. Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...: I just bought a new standard wireless controller and it’s causing my game to lag in certain areas/points. I mainly use a wired elite controller and I never have issues with it. I was hoping to...
  10. Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters: Hello .Recently I've noticed in game stuttering while playing FIFA 23 . Never had this problem since game launch. Though at first it might be GPU -related but FPS was stable and after cleaning and...